Emails are disabled - for account issues, post in #help on the NI Discord.

The Item and Class Stat Balance Thread
(10-07-2016, 04:45 PM)Woody Wrote: It doesn't make sense that the princes helm would be the best for that class and i don't see the point of adding a new rg helm unless it was not as good/orange.

Royal Wing Helm
Weight 7+
Head Armor 74-75

I also have 2 Questions about Mangler some people in a sever pointed this out. 

1. Why does it not have a 2 mode like Tp Pok Ds when it longer than 2 of them and it the marauder polearm.
2. Why is the thrust lower than DH (46p vs 45p) when it looks like it would do more than well all polearms. 

I'm not asking for a big buff just confused how a orange pike has more p when it red and marauder locked and how 2nd mode was not a thing from the start.

Mangler
Speed Rating 92
Weapon Length 199
Swing Damage 55
Thrust Damage 47-49
Can do 2nd mode thing

Yes i did buy this not even half a week ago i have Jormungandr it would out class it any way.

So we should buff the Royal Winged Helmet because it doesn't make sense that it is the best due to its model?  Okay, then...
The reasoning behind it was that the Valsgarde is a sort of special helmet and somewhat represents NI, so we did not want to make a new helmet that was better.  However, there wasn't much room for a Royal Guard helmet behind it, so it was put at the same armor value but much heavier, since weight seems to be common for the Royal Guard class.

For the Mangler, it was given less thrusting pierce because it already has so much slashing pierce.  If you look at the pike, it is a stick covered in spikes.  It would be very awkward to try to do an overhead stab with something so front-heavy and it simply doesn't look like a weapon capable of overhead stabs, just like the Dragon Halberd.  It is for slashing, not stabbing. (Like seriously... it does just as much pierce damage as the Pike of Kings, but slashing instead of poking which is, let's be honest here, way easier than trying to pull off overhead stabs with proper trajectory and speed bonus).

Messages In This Thread
RE: The Item and Class Stat Balance Thread - by Winter - 10-07-2016, 08:51 PM
RE: 1.5.0 Client Release - by DR. - 18-01-2017, 08:14 AM
RE: 1.5.0 Client Release - by Winter - 18-01-2017, 08:28 AM