Emails are disabled - for account issues, post in #help on the NI Discord.

Which shields can be used by a ranger or a sentinel?
Hello
I'm toying with the idea of getting a sentinel but acording to my blacksmith remarks and the crafting thread on the forum neither a sentinel nor a ranger is able to use any shield listed there.
Even the housecrafted ones don't seem be usable.
Are the usage notes for some certain classes just missing? Are archers not supposed to carry a shield(even though that wouldn't make much sense due to the bonus shield skill)? Or am i just dumb?
Pls help me to clear that up Smile
personally i would not use a shield with archer, 3 slots, bow, arrows, sword, shouldn't be getting that close to enemy to warrant a shield
52 - Chosen Marksmen
52 - Royal Guard
52 - Marauder
52 - Warden

Irish to Turtle "Get away from me with that hat on"
Elmo "Well yeah you are just drowning it with oxygen"
Damn.. i totally forgot that there are only 3 slots for weapons left.
So basically warden is the only choice Sad
No.  Sentinel is still good with 1 handers.  You just have to take on bots carefully.  Ranger has more armor than either of the other 2.
Steam name:  Sargeant Q

warden is not the only choice like Q has said but i believe it is the most popular if you are confident in melee with 1 h and a bow then sentinel is fun
52 - Chosen Marksmen
52 - Royal Guard
52 - Marauder
52 - Warden

Irish to Turtle "Get away from me with that hat on"
Elmo "Well yeah you are just drowning it with oxygen"
For sure every class has its benefit yet for normal runs the warden is obviously the best choice.
The other two classes are probably better for kiting and runs with just a few people but the fact that i can't use a shield on these classes makes them far less attractive in my opinion.
It probably happens one in a thousand times that you grab a shield and have actual use of the bonus shield skill.
(22-09-2015, 04:17 PM)ThePeter link Wrote: For sure every class has its benefit yet for normal runs the warden is obviously the best choice.
The other two classes are probably better for kiting and runs with just a few people but the fact that i can't use a shield on these classes makes them far less attractive in my opinion.
It probably happens one in a thousand times that you grab a shield and have actual use of the bonus shield skill.

Both Warden and Sentinel care to different play styles, neither are "the best". If you like shields + 1h then simply make a legionnaire, Sentinel is for people that like bow +1h.

Ranger is pretty terrible though.
http://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561198139916824

08/25/15 - Bulwark of Swadia
08/25/15 - Dwarf Axe
11/27/15 - Fell Edge
The advantage of the sentinel is that you have light armour and 8 agility so your very fast and strong with your melee. Quick like a bunny and squishy with bear armour or tracker.

Like ribbed said, make a legio if you wanna shield and 1hander, but your slower and tankier with that class. You can just throw some javs instead with your 1 hander.
MP - Warden - Sentinel - Zwei - Legio - RG

Steam  Legendaries

Feel free to add on steam for trades.
(23-09-2015, 12:19 AM)Ribbed link Wrote: [quote author=ThePeter link=topic=47856.msg243526#msg243526 date=1442938674]
For sure every class has its benefit yet for normal runs the warden is obviously the best choice.

Both Warden and Sentinel care to different play styles, neither are "the best". If you like shields + 1h then simply make a legionnaire, Sentinel is for people that like bow +1h.

Ranger is pretty terrible though.
[/quote]Dont dog it till you try it, ranger is pretty fun and it can shoot better than a sentinel and it is also a tank which has more survivability than all other archers (bet you can't say you survived an einherjar ranger headshot and master hunter headshot on an archer) and it can also kite just as good as the other two along with having 6 shielding skill which is highest of all the archer Hero classes.
AFG

(23-09-2015, 01:23 AM)Mr Killer link Wrote: 6 shielding skill
Yet Ranger cant use Sks but Sergeant can with 4...

What the point of Ranger to not die i think a shield going to help more than a 1h dose not do damage to most high end bots.

I would take a Sks over a Grosse Messer any day.

|Steam| |Some Shop| |VLKA Recruitment| |Legendary Stats|Legendary Item Thread|