Emails are disabled - for account issues, post in #help on the NI Discord.

Poll: Would you rather have forced manual block, or keep things the way they are now?
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Autoblock
37.50%
21 37.50%
Manual block
62.50%
35 62.50%
Total 56 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

[Poll] Forced Manual Block?
Indeed, this mod with autoblock is great for attracting new players and I think about half of the servers should remain that way (with maybe the 'autoblock' or 'manual block' in the server title?). I love this mod for its simplicity and people should just be able to play the way they want.
However some servers with forced manual block in different timezones would also keep the more experienced players happy, that's why I voted for manual. It just feels silly if you're the only one manual blocking in a server where everybody is on auto Tongue I think this is what most people have stated here and will agree with..
Somehow the mod can be painted as an elitist game just because a feature is being changed?

Warband is never catered to the casual masses, it isnt where anyone can be a demigod and lawnmow everyone they can see in multiplayer, charging headfast into an enemy would easily get you killed. It's own combat system is specifically designed to be difficult, that's the idea of Warband, not like a hack&slash game but close to a medieval simulation.

As I said before, there are many other ways to protect yourselfs in the case of a manual block. Shields are more useful than what most people would think, and with autoblock off, their importance is even much greater to the 2 handers. While their dealing damage is much more potent than 1 handers, 2-handed players will tend to stick to their shield-bearers and coordinate attacks together, giving a greater emphasis on teamwork.

The maps are designed in the player's use to utilize them effiecently. Rarely does anyone fall back to the Swadian village and just charge like headless chickens when there are so many natural barricades that the players can use to defeat the bots. The Swadian town is a perfect example of a distinct advantage with terrain. Everyone just charged without thinking,and have to repeat the same wave that has been ahniliating them.

And for the fact that there will be support classes out soon, there should be a greater balance of the system where players should be dependant of one another, not apart from each other, that is the idea of a co-op mod.
[Image: 2n6u4ux.png]
For the Honour of the Fallen Swadians.
I'm not calling the game elitist and neither do i want to get your back up, i love your mod dude! and the fact that you've put it up for a vote and are allowing open discussion of it among'st the players speaks volumes. thank you for that!

Also i apologize if the mention of elitism has annoyed, i wasn't really directing it at this game (or mod) in particular but elitism within gaming is just how gaming is. my belief of the matter is that you cannot please everyone and that the more specific your wants are from a game then the less people overall are going to play it. this is not a dig at anyone or anything but merely how i see things.

im definitely still going to keep playing anyway and on one hand i love now i can go on to most servers and see someone that i have played with at least once before. Its one of the benefits of a small community, people know each other and will work well together.

however if i go on to then say that a small community could consider itself elite within a larger community then i hope you can see the gray area that i think ive strayed into.

Definitely 100% looking forward to the updates and extra classes and if you change the whole thing so manual block is enforced on all servers id still play (and probably get better at playing than i was before)  Big Grin

but ive had my say so thanks for reading.

And when we get to heaven,
To st peter we will tell,
One more soldier reporting sir,
Iv'e served my time in hell.

contribute to the weapon progression documentationL http://forum.nordinvasion.com/index.php/...g8846.html
The only reason I use auto-block on this game mod is because a stack of bots at which can swing past one another without friendly fire, and without body collision restrictions it makes it pretty difficult, a few bots is easy with manual but when you have a stack of 5+ on ya, auto-block is kind of a necessary evil in my opinion.  I'd vote for manual if they'd make bots unable to swing past one another or perhaps not swing if in the back, because watching someone that has a nice stack on them that got in close, is impossible and unrealistic to get away from... you know this is true. Smile

Also impossible what the bots are doing on their part, at which the person up front is receiving 3 or 4 attacks from bots every few seconds because all bots can just bat away...
Only as good as the man to your left and right.  See your enemies driven before you!
(29-12-2011, 04:51 PM)Helvictus link Wrote: I'm not calling the game elitist and neither do i want to get your back up, i love your mod dude! and the fact that you've put it up for a vote and are allowing open discussion of it among'st the players speaks volumes. thank you for that!

Also i apologize if the mention of elitism has annoyed, i wasn't really directing it at this game (or mod) in particular but elitism within gaming is just how gaming is. my belief of the matter is that you cannot please everyone and that the more specific your wants are from a game then the less people overall are going to play it. this is not a dig at anyone or anything but merely how i see things.

im definitely still going to keep playing anyway and on one hand i love now i can go on to most servers and see someone that i have played with at least once before. Its one of the benefits of a small community, people know each other and will work well together.

however if i go on to then say that a small community could consider itself elite within a larger community then i hope you can see the gray area that i think ive strayed into.

Definitely 100% looking forward to the updates and extra classes and if you change the whole thing so manual block is enforced on all servers id still play (and probably get better at playing than i was before)  Big Grin

but ive had my say so thanks for reading.
Well, I'm not the OP of this thread, and I might have came off that reply too strongly, but yes, definitely some might be deterred by the idea of manual block, but because the main system of this mod is usually combat intensive, so its understandable if mowing down hordes is a tiring process.

Perhaps in the next patches the opinions might change about manual blocking when players have more variety to fight against the bots with new gizmos and such.
[Image: 2n6u4ux.png]
For the Honour of the Fallen Swadians.

Yeah once more is added I feel my opinion might change, hope we get that update soon... excited. Big Grin
Only as good as the man to your left and right.  See your enemies driven before you!
US Chicago is using no auto block. IT SUCKS Trust me! When 55 Shielders fainting at 1000faints a frame you get owned. Trust me you will say "skilless" or try to seem pro saying you don't use it. Trust me I know you will hate it.
(30-12-2011, 03:25 AM)Gomer link Wrote: When 55 Shielders fainting at 1000faints

It's Feigning

feign
verb /fān/ 
feigned, past participle; feigned, past tense; feigning, present participle; feigns, 3rd person singular present

Pretend to be affected by (a feeling, state, or injury)
- she feigned nervousness

Invent (a story or excuse)

Sorry, i'm a grammar nazi Smile
Blut und Ehre
Gomer probably only heard the word spoken, so it is understandable to get the incorrect spelling. Feign does seem like a plausible word to use in that situation, but that is also incorrect. The correct word is feint:

Quote:feint/fānt/
Noun:
A deceptive or pretended blow, thrust, or other movement, esp. in boxing or fencing.
Verb:
Make a deceptive or distracting movement, typically during a fight.

I hope this clears things up  Wink
ba da bing ba da BAN! -Hypernoma
That's it Hasan, you're fired. Hand in your insignia and your dictionary

@Gomer I've helped beat the Nord Prince 3 times now on the manual block server, maybe you just need to train your reflexes if you want to play there Tongue