Emails are disabled - for account issues, post in #help on the NI Discord.

Poll: Would you rather have forced manual block, or keep things the way they are now?
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Autoblock
37.50%
21 37.50%
Manual block
62.50%
35 62.50%
Total 56 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

[Poll] Forced Manual Block?
Here's what happened, I've disabled auto block  ever since I've read this post, and had the small debate, the game is more enjoyable with manual block, you FEEL like you're actually good at meleeing Big Grin
Blut und Ehre
Hello all. I'm not a forum person but after seeing this "manual block" topics pop out alot, i wanted to say my thoughts on that (and registered to forums for this Smile ). First of all i voted for autoblock. There are some reasons for that;

-First is that if you want to use manual blocking, you can easily go into options and make it manual. Its that simple, no need to force every person who plays to use it.

-Second reason; I guess some people've already noticed that some archer players're using some kind of autoaim hack which you can notice when they instantly switch between mobs, like while shooting front; they instantly turn back to aim other mob behind of them unwillingly, then switch to front mobs instantly again while headshoting every one of them; its likely an autoaim thing like on console games that let them switch between mobs it seems. Those same players who use hack without giving a shit, and the people who wont really want to use manual blocking WILL use "autoblock hack" while the rest of us who dont like hacks will be forced to use manual blocking. It was really a major problem(maybe still is) on crpg even after they banned who they found out using that hack. People who dont even know how to attack properly, can block every swing they get thrown to, it was sad to see those... I dont want same shit going on here aswell while i'm forced use manual blocking (yeah i know its not the same gametype still, hack is a hack).

-Third is; mobs are alot more clever than the DTV of the crpg's mobs (or native mobs) when it comes to AI. On here mobs always try to attack you on left or right side of yours while you try to block the one in front of you; they always try to flank you and if you let 2-3 of them attack at the same time you'll probably end up dead unless you dont have a shield to get them in line again. So why to make it even harder?

-4th is; i'm sorry to repeat that but: You can turn autoblocking off on option if you want to!!!

Thats all i wanted to say, sorry if my English is not good enough and; see you guys&gals in-game, have fun Smile .
Attack of the smileys! Beware!
(28-12-2011, 02:17 AM)Ryu link Wrote: -Second reason; I guess some people've already noticed that some archer players're using some kind of autoaim hack which you can notice when they instantly switch between mobs, like while shooting front; they instantly turn back to aim other mob behind of them unwillingly, then switch to front mobs instantly again while headshoting every one of them; its likely an autoaim thing like on console games that let them switch between mobs it seems.

I'm an archer, and i switch thought mobs in seconds, either if they are behind, infront, or to the side, i play on near max sensitivity, and i use the Tilt key button to watch out for (~ <---- that key)  enemies, i don't think there's even an auto aim for the game.

But on the rest of the issue, just read up in the forums, the main issue that's been realized was that people tend to go rush mobs, hoping that autoblock would save them, such as rushing zweihanders, berserkers and many others.

Manual blocking encourages teamwork
Manual block enhances game play (Because it's YOU blocking, and not the computer)
Manual block allows you to appreciate the AI a bit more
Autoblocking is like playing on lowest difficulty, game gets boring quickly.

Blut und Ehre
Hey Hasan, i wasnt thinking to make it reply wars to defend my thoughts on this; still couldnt resist Smile . On the matter of autoaim or "aim bot" as the video says (which i found out after a little research and which i'll give the link soon), i'm not talking about using max sensitivity or using tilde key to check your surroundings (since you cant aim and use é at the same time, right Hasan Wink )  , i'm talking about instantly switching between targets sometimes even "unwillingly". Maybe i couldnt managed to explain it. Anyways you think there is no auto aim; and i show you there is; http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KArQdASAKSo . The catch is, in video it says "Its only for single player", still its the same game and autoaim or "aim bot" works in-game. It also says "Its not the Ctrl+F5 thing" in the video. (Btw if its not right to post this video on forums, moderators are welcome to edit my posts) . Still this is not the point i want to make:

Now my concern is that, this game is somehow open for hacks, and we shouldnt give people reasons to do so. Also i already read the posts on the matter, saw you changed your mind after talking people about it; maybe you're also right. Manual block can encourage teamwork, but it can also encourage using hacks. Do you know why? Because "people tend to go rush mobs" probably will continue rushing even its forced manual block; but this time some of them will use autoblock hack. That is my real concern, i hope you'll understand Smile .

So you want to enchance your gameplay, you're welcomed to turn autoblock in options. But i think forcing all of the people to use manual blocking is not the right choice, thats all. Have fun playing NordInvasion Smile .
Attack of the smileys! Beware!
(28-12-2011, 01:57 PM)Hasan link Wrote: Manual blocking encourages teamwork
Manual block enhances game play (Because it's YOU blocking, and not the computer)
Manual block allows you to appreciate the AI a bit more
Autoblocking is like playing on lowest difficulty, game gets boring quickly.

That was what I was about to say.

(28-12-2011, 04:02 PM)Ryu link Wrote: But i think forcing all of the people to use manual blocking is not the right choice, thats all.

So is forcing people not to glitch, but there are for the good reasons, as stated above. Remember that this is a mod designed for co-operative teamwork, not individual options, the idea of a game to to give a challenge to the player, if it becomes too easy, then it will easily bore most players.

Two handed Mail men tend to go rambo with morningstars, with autoblock, that's the problem. Even if there is a possibility of a hack, doesnt mean that we should allow autoblock, players will know that staying together would be beneficial in the long run rather than go out and rambo.
[Image: 2n6u4ux.png]
For the Honour of the Fallen Swadians.
Playing Warband with autoblock is like playing football with aimbot.
I feel the primary reason people rush is because they wish to climb the scoreboards, or kill a single enemy type for some quest -- it can't be completely blamed on autoblock. What I do know for certain is that if autoblock were disabled, I'd be running from enemies even more often  ;D
ba da bing ba da BAN! -Hypernoma
(28-12-2011, 06:41 PM)clickeverywhere link Wrote: I feel the primary reason people rush is because they wish to climb the scoreboards, or kill a single enemy type for some quest -- it can't be completely blamed on autoblock. What I do know for certain is that if autoblock were disabled, I'd be running from enemies even more often  ;D

If they want to rush, let them go, if there are a certain few who are amazing in blocking, and can handle it by all means.

But for the majority of the players who are not amazing in blocking, will be forced to stick with the group, or use their teamates to help them, maybe rely on the cavalry to kite the targets, or have the ranged guys pick enemies off one by one to soften the waves.

or a combination of all, when i'm playing my priority is to keep my teammates alive, but i would think that a melee with autoblock will be focused more or getting as many kills as possible, rather than keeping his friends alive.

Auto block encourages exactly the opposite of teamwork, and instead it encourages individualism.
Blut und Ehre
Is there a way to maybe disable autoblock for all PLAYERS and not NPC's?
im not sure how many of us are from the u.s. so by all means make all eu servers manual. but in the u.s. as im sure everyone knows we are all about freedom and personally i dont like being forced to do anything...especially when im bad at it. And just to some other peoples point, i cant block for my life..that's why i play singleplayer/co-op mods, and regardless of this i WILL still be mindlessly charging in trying to finish my quests. And forcing us to work as a team wont work, at least in my opinion. People will always just want to rank up and get to the higher levels the fastest. Keep in mind only a few of the people that play this mod actually look on the forums (the ones that do are probably the better players) so no matter how many polls u make or how many people think manual block will increase teamwork...there's no way to be sure.

Also if a server is going to be manual/auto/both isn't that up to the admin of that server? or does NI have like 10 of its own servers under the NI admins? if someone could clear this up for me that would be great because i have little to no knowledge of the mechanics of M&B
Anyone else wish that they could play from the nords perspective?