Emails are disabled - for account issues, post in #help on the NI Discord.

Weapon perks and 1 more idea.
Hello!

Today i was thinking while playing as shielder on Hard server. What about to implement something like weapon/armor perks? You´ll add perk on weapon and it will have for example +2dmg, or +2 speed.
Something like that with armors, +2 armor....  (not sure if it´s possible so do not flame me guys!)

Second idea is idea by SPQR_grolla, why is not there a system of transforming shi*ty weapons etc. to materials, it would be really helpful and i think even fair.

Please write your opinions.
Winter is a cool guy. 
/Winter

[Image: 2rca6iw.png]                      
            [Image: 76561198024357901.png]       

(27-10-2015, 04:40 PM)MatthewO link Wrote: Hello!

Today i was thinking while playing as shielder on Hard server. What about to implement something like weapon/armor perks? You´ll add perk on weapon and it will have for example +2dmg, or +2 speed.
Something like that with armors, +2 armor....  (not sure if it´s possible so do not flame me guys!)

Second idea is idea by SPQR_grolla, why is not there a system of transforming shi*ty weapons etc. to materials, it would be really helpful and i think even fair.

Please write your opinions.

Weapon/armor upgrade perks:

Feel free to correct me here, but to add weapon perks like you have suggested would mean that you would have to add many different variants of the same model/item with stat changes in each variant to achieve "perks". This would mean thousands upon thousands more models and items that the game needs to load just to have variants/modifiers. I'm aware of the modifier system that native Warband uses, but it'd still take a shit ton of work just for a little variation between weapons. However, if the the modifier system for Warband is simple, then maybe it'd be implementable. It's much easier to add one model that serves as a variant of a model than it is to add seven of the same model just for variety's sake. It's possible, but as it stands it's so impractical to implement that it's really just not worth it.

I like the second idea though. Take a long time to define what every item would turn in to once scrapped, but it's a nice idea.
if you have problem of the model variety send it to winter xen winter me winter me xen because it'll piss him off
As Terath said, you'd need TONS of new items(only item lines tho, not new models, warband can use the same model multiple times.) and that would make it pretty hard to maintain.

I like the idea of transforming shitty stuff into materials tho^^
26.08.15-Fang of Fenrir

[Image: NqiKO60.png]
Yeah, i thought that it could be possible to do via nordinvasion site. I wasn´t sure as i said. Thanks for your opinions Smile
Winter is a cool guy. 
/Winter

Well yeah, good idea indeed. Uncrafting items into some mats, however I would make them different / less than the original mats required to craft the item.
native engine does this pretty well with the use of weapon states (balanced, tempered, mastwerwork etc). could be an interesting way to bring some life back into high tier crafting/housecrafting giving players an excuse to keep levelling their craft instead of selling off exp. it's a slight turnoff for a player who forks out big bucks on an expensive weapon only to have 5 of the same pop up over a period of 3 days. This could be a good fix for a game which in my opinion, is suffering from a lack of uniqueness amongst players, which is a core aspect in all successful multi-player, grind based games.

alas if we assume and hope for NI 2 on the bannerlord engine, we can expect a complete restart for the mod, which is in itself incentive enough to quit playing NI as it stands currently and wait... atleast this is the general consensus shared amongst the people I enjoy playing with.
Going Deep
I'm quite convinced no reset will be necessary. The Bannerlord will use different engine, so we might expect the looks to be different in some degree but the items should be possible to transfer. If the Bannerlord will use stats system and game mechanics somewhat different then Warband we shall need some adjustments from the mods makers ofc. However, we must keep in mind TaleWorlds surely will provide the opportunity to transfer mods to Bannerlord as smoothly as possible. Otherwise they would face the danger of losing the playerbase of all persistent mods currently running and that's a lot of ppl and in the initial periods the most important source of new game buyers. So, I'd expect transition rather than revolution.
alas, this is not the opinion shared by many mod makers at the moment, most of which are regrouping to start new projects as bannerlord boasts an entirely made from scratch game engine and modding system designed to make things easier. NI also has a few underlying issues with the game and it is my opinion that a restart on a fresh engine is just what the current development team could use to swing things around and put some of their own flair back into this mod rather than tweaking the works of a development team that retired long ago. I know for fact that Winter, Hande, Kip, Nanna and anyone else I'm forgetting would surely welcome the ability to re-vamp their beloved game without the hindrances of the current engine and bot dynamics that exist in this warband engine. a quick glance at the latest development vids for bannerlord open up a whirlwind of new ideas for this game (catapults, battering rams - actually fighting off a nordic siege seems a dream come true) . these things simply aren't possible to cross-platform with the current engine. Nordinvasion 2 has been a dream for many players ever since the announcement of bannerlord. Wouldn't it be a shame to just port the exact same game over on the new engine. I know I'd be brutally disappointed to see such a thing happen, and I'd wager many others would share this sentiment. we'll just have to put faith in the current dev team to do what's right and learn from this NI version and take the best parts out of it and build a newer better NI, atleast that's what i want to see.

*feel free to move this response somewhere appropriate*
Going Deep
On the above topic, Once bannerlord comes out, I'll be interested in what the map making tool will be like, it seems vastly improved from what few trailers there were. Just one of the many future improvements upon mount and blade, but anyway, I wouldn't mind starting anew within a second ni.
Looted A Frying Pan 11/25/14
[Image: tbavTdE.jpg]

So i hope that everyone who reads these ideas, likes it.  (no one said that it´s a bad idea, so..)

(28-10-2015, 04:10 AM)Madjosh link Wrote: native engine does this pretty well with the use of weapon states (balanced, tempered, mastwerwork etc). could be an interesting way to bring some life back into high tier crafting/housecrafting giving players an excuse to keep levelling their craft instead of selling off exp. it's a slight turnoff for a player who forks out big bucks on an expensive weapon only to have 5 of the same pop up over a period of 3 days. This could be a good fix for a game which in my opinion, is suffering from a lack of uniqueness amongst players, which is a core aspect in all successful multi-player, grind based games.

Yes, you are right. Weapon modifiers would be really nice new in the mod.
Winter is a cool guy. 
/Winter