Emails are disabled - for account issues, post in #help on the NI Discord.

New "Assassin Class" and a possible new playstyle idea ;)
How about adding a new class with assassinish theme? Let me explain a bit;

A "non-hybrid" speed class who can "only" use 1handed weapons with medium to high armor values. Give him/her the biggest atletic boost with high ps stat and lock him/her to one-handed weapons only; no throwing, no killing from a range... All he/she can do is kiting "for the team" or making suprise attacks and fight in close range. Since he/she cant do ranged attacks, kiting mostly will be useful for his/her teammates and that can give more open playstyle than camping in a corner, for the whole team.

The possible problem with it is; with other sub-classes, assassin can turn into a kiting-killing machine alone... But if you guys increase leveling requirements for each tier of it's class and pushing this assassin class to be a "pure class" without any other sub-classes, that can work. How;

Beggar (8 class points) - Thug (10 class points) - Assassin (15 class points) - Shadow Master (18 class points)

Give him/her the biggest ps and atletic boost at tier 4 (Shadow Master) so if he/she wants to feel the difference with those stats; he/she should be pure assassin.

And why call it as "Shadow Master"? How about adding a special item for assassin class which works like a res. tome but instead of resurrecting dead ones, it can spawn the "alive user" back to the spawn point; so this assassin class can dissapear when he/she feels in great danger. Make this item craftable and make it usable only by Shadow Master. So that can give assassins something different than his/her only weapon; a 1hander to play with and can add some more joy for this class.

Dont forget he/she only has a 1handed weapon, no shields; no throwables and no sub-classes... He/She survived only with his/her sword and have "no other skills" other than using it; but when using it; he/she is simply a master.

With nord's ranged attacks, assassin will have hell of a time dodging, but this can still give NI players a new frontier to fight and enjoy the rest of the maps(outside of the usual camping zones) before being forced into a corner to camp. (Yeah i want to walk, i want to see, i want to use the whole map instead of a small portion of it to enjoy the mod...)

Just think seriously about this assassin class idea, please Smile.
Attack of the smileys! Beware!
I like the idea of stopping the camping, it gets boring.
Striker strikes again.

Sounds interesting, nice idea Smile.
Impressive Big Grin maybe give us some beta testers to see how will it work Tongue
Add me on Steam: xneoblasterx
Legendary daggers!!!!
Its hard to assassinate bots. Since they just turn around when you get close. Other then that sounds cool!
[Image: gQUGcYN.gif?1]
Sounds like a fun play style, imagine this though:

You're an assassin. You've been sitting behind a hard mode wave, ready to take out one of the enemies while the rest of your team camps at a shieldwall location.
You shank your target in the back, the rest of the hard mode enemies turn around, and it's gg.

Unless you can stealth and run away (fat chance), I see much impending doom.
- The slaying of a nord is an art -
- All is fair in love, war, and the Auction House -
- Respect is earned -
I really like the idea of the assasin class!

Not too easy which is very important (especially for devs)  Big Grin
My steam account: Dragz 

Loots:
27/08/15 Royal Winged Helmet
24/10/15 Durendal

[Image: taker-brock-laugh.gif?08bce4]
Awesome....  8)
(28-09-2012, 10:33 PM)Jarold link Wrote: Its hard to assassinate bots. Since they just turn around when you get close. Other then that sounds cool!

(28-09-2012, 10:51 PM)Gashy link Wrote: Sounds like a fun play style, imagine this though:

You're an assassin. You've been sitting behind a hard mode wave, ready to take out one of the enemies while the rest of your team camps at a shieldwall location.
You shank your target in the back, the rest of the hard mode enemies turn around, and it's gg.

Unless you can stealth and run away (fat chance), I see much impending doom.

Guys read it carefully please, i said "with biggest atletic boost" Smile.

The point about this class is not being totally an assassin with an assassin's playstyle in other games(being hidden-unhidden, backstabbing and killing with only 1 hit etc.); it'd be too difficult to achive in warband i guess. The main purpose of this class is being able to kite mobs and escape when needed with it's high speed. So in your scenerio if you shank your target in the back, and if the rest of the hard mode enemies turn around, since you are the fastest runner class in NI, you can backstep and start kiting your followers Wink.

You can pull some or most of them, use landescape to your advantage and when they are splited or reduced in numbers with your team's help you can turn back and fight with the rest. Its simply a class to be used as a moving target for the nords but instead of killing mobs for himself/herself (like knights did when NI had horsemen playable) he/she kites for the team and fights back when he/she see fits.

It can make our life easier outside of the camping zones and bring some more joy; more freedom in gameplay. I dont think most of the NI players (especially the ones who's been here for some time) enjoys camping in a tightest corner and hit behind of a shielder in outskirt or FUS map for eternity.

Maybe some of you guys can remember; when we had knight class, while they were kiting melee mobs we commandos'd first charge and kill rangers with with our archer friends. And when its cleared off of nord rangers, our knights'd start kiting mobs in a closer circle and as a attacking team of 2 or 3 commandos we'd pull 1-2 mobs from this kited pool of nords and kill them with skills. It was fun and full of exitement... Now all i do is locking my view with "é" key and push my mouse forward to do overhead attack for uncounted times, or lock my shield at hold by pressing a chat key and wait till i need repairing...

Ofcourse this can mean we will need a bit more open maps, but why not? Is kiting with archers the problem here? Right now with only 1 good shielder we can easily kill Prince, Thor or Odin in well-knows maps already and the killers are ranged players most of the times because they can kill bosses before or right after they reach to the shielder. So why not letting more open maps and kiting possible again? Whats wrong with killing those bad guys with the help of kiting?

I think we can still have both of them; if we have a kiter class like this assassin we can use it till he is dead; when he/she dies or when we dont have any, we can start camping. Does it have to be boring if we are killing the bosses? I mean is this the price we must pay for killing them? Just make it more enjoyable...awww sorry i'm really tired-bored saying this again and again and probably devs are really bored-tired of seeing me asking for more open maps and different playstyles here too Sad.

At least think about adding this new class for a change guys. I want to see 1haded weapons more valuable than they're now ;D.

Attack of the smileys! Beware!