Emails are disabled - for account issues, post in #help on the NI Discord.

Open maps(again, just check first) and a new support class?
Hello again. As i see my runner assassin class idea didnt attract any interest from the devs, now i'm here to suggest another one; but this time not as a main class.

How about adding a "Rider" class as a support class like healer and engineer? It can just enable people who pick that one as a support class to ride horses. But the difference is that making those "Riders" unable to use any kind of weapons on horseback, but "maybe" only shields. So they will only ride to support the team without ability to kill, and they will split or circle nords to give the team more breathspace instead of "only" camping.

Again we probably will need more open areas for Riders to contain mobs (just adding open areas on current maps' ends can work, so we can still keep camping zones "when its needed" ). But their only purpose will be helping the team since they cant kill mobs themselves.

Yes maybe they can make playing easier; in this case leaving them without shields too (making them unable to use shields on horseback) can help. They can be team's bold shot on holding nords, and under nords' heavy ranged fire they will have hard times for sure.
Attack of the smileys! Beware!
(07-10-2012, 03:18 PM)Ryu link Wrote: Again we probably will need more open areas

+1
I can see the trolling begin
<19:51:48> Channel group "Member" was assigned to "Jack Sparrow" by "Maroon".
<19:51:49> Channel group "Member" was assigned to "Jack Sparrow" by "Fred".
From all past Cav oriented suggestions,

I have come to one conclusion:

Cavs never coming back.

However, this does not mean nothings going to change post map changes.

I am fully confident the Devs have a patch up their sleaves which will solve all (well most Tongue)of the current issues.
Nothing is impossible, it's just a matter of determination and probability.

2nd Knight forever!

No longer active.
Perhaps no cavalry, but we do need more options for different playstyles. Camping - kiting - ??? - ??? etc. which the shapes of the maps can provide us with.
Striker strikes again.

It will result in people kiting , and snipers shooting down whatever is in the middle (just like in Beach).

So back to endless rounds and people whining while they are dead because they want to play.

Sorry Ryu :X
That was the point Sphinx, having kiting as a playstyle but with more teamplay. Its better getting back to endless rounds of waiting for kiting than endless rounds of camping in a corner if you ask me mate. Also if people can play smart and lure mobs in few numbers as small teams who protect each others instead of rushing straight forward to die; there wont be so many deads to whine.

And dont forget, people who ride horses wont be able to kill anything themselves, teamwork is required. Some dead people whines, so what? They can whine all day long till their throats bleed, they should be more careful and listen their teammates to survive longer...

Why cav. was removed before? Because they were too powerful. How powerful can a "Rider" be while he cant even being able to use weapons or shields? So archers can shot the mobs rider's circling, why not? They are already shooting from their safe places behind the commandos who shield for them. (thats not a personal reply to you Sphinx, i like you mate. Thats just how i feel about the situation Smile )

If the problem is ranged players being able to kite on open maps, just slow them down with their equipments so they cant kite that well alone. Even without slowing them down, personally i can wait for 4 rounds to respawn if the kiter is smart and able enough to go manage that alone.

I tell ya this, if this mindless camping's going to continue and will stay as "only valid playstyle", i will simply quit. I'm saying this as a big fan of the NI who've never abondened the mod no matter how devs changed it before Sad. Something is wrong, mod's forcing players to play in 25 m^2 tiny areas while it can be so much more... I'm trying to suggest things to change that lately, but it seems people just ignores that we need a change for gameplay and keep saying "that cant happen" Sad.

Well maybe i'm pushing it too much again, thats probably because i dont want to say my farewell to NI after a year. But maybe i need to chill out and find another hobby. I'm really grateful to devs who created and developed NI to this day. I'm still waiting for devs to reveal something out of their sleeves and making suggestions is the only thing i can do on that matter. At least i will be able to say "i did all i could" if that something will never happen Wink.
(08-10-2012, 05:22 PM)Ryu link Wrote: Why cav. was removed before? Because they were too powerful.
I wont think ''Rider'' is powerfull enough to kill a nord (Maybe a peasant with trample kill). I support this since I want  to have a character ''rider''
[move][align=center] S[color=blue]o[color=green]p[color=purple]h[color=brown]i[color=teal]e[/move]
[align=center][Image: whnwaa.jpg]
I can see a problem with this: Assist xp/gold and loot. If everyone is all around the map, loot is not shared between all players, which I think most people won't like.
Striker strikes again.

(09-10-2012, 10:11 AM)Lord Striker link Wrote: I can see a problem with this: Assist xp/gold and loot. If everyone is all around the map, loot is not shared between all players, which I think most people won't like.

Yes, there will most likely be 2 seperate groups if this will happen. First is the archers' group who stay a bit far from circled nords, 2nd is the close-range fighters' group who stays close to rider and that pool of nords.

Simply, if you are new and want to get assist xp, stay near the archers; if you want to have some melee fights, stay with the other group. Having a rider will still need some orginizing and if that happens, no need to be all over the map.

Also, only way to get assist xp for everyone on the server is "camping" to stay close to each other. So if you want different gamestyle you have to accept that you cant get all the xp and loot chance. Or, devs can simply increase the assist xp range so everyone can be happy Wink.