Emails are disabled - for account issues, post in #help on the NI Discord.

Idea (new class)
It would probably end up being a class that everyone used at the beginning of each game to build OP cades and then swap onto something more fun to play/useful on later waves. It would also be really hard to balance. Cades usually stop nords long enough for them to be killed as it is, so if you add stronger cades, you'll either have to nerf the current cades, or buff the nords, but if there wasn't a member of this 'Engineer' class then either way you'd be screwed. Couple of other problems: If you didn't get the balancing done exactly right, then either the Engineer class, or the current Engineer support class would be rendered redundant. It would also create reliance upon a single class being at every rag game; I've kind of already said this but I want to re-iterate. At the moment, if you are missing a class in one of the game modes, even rag, you can usually make do. If Infantry are missing, pavise can replace them as shielders and marauders as slashers/If archers are missing, the other ranged classes can usually make up for it/If crossbowmen are missing, infantry can shield and other ranged classes can make up for it/If pikemen are missing, other ranged classes can make up for it and infantry can slash./If there aren't any shielders then archers/pike can kite.
If you added this class though, it would be a single, irreplaceable class (since cades would need nerfing/nords buffing). There is also the problem of, if only rag servers are going to be edited so this class is required, they will be useless on all the other servers, making leveling both boring and annoying for everyone else on the server.
Loots: Dragon Helmet-23/09/2015
Well put, balancing things properly is truely a challenge. On the other hand, far too many ragnarok runs end with wipe (except those during events) so a little help would probably be welcome.
And when would you have people on this class joining pub rag runs?  They would want too swap as stated earlier and on pub runs they could not be sure of getting back in.

I am completely against this class idea.  As well as doing anything with Engineer in general.  I have seen to much of "I don't want to or know how to setup cades" for me to want to see anything that gives a class a buff with them.
Steam name:  Sargeant Q

(30-12-2015, 08:36 PM)Sargent Q link Wrote: And when would you have people on this class joining pub rag runs?  They would want too swap as stated earlier and on pub runs they could not be sure of getting back in.

I am completely against this class idea.  As well as doing anything with Engineer in general.  I have seen to much of "I don't want to or know how to setup cades" for me to want to see anything that gives a class a buff with them.

Agreed, totally against. The current class system is balanced for our style of play. And no, rags don't wipe often enough. If you play events on good maps you can almost sleep through them. Public rags wipe because there is no communication and no support.
MP - Warden - Sentinel - Zwei - Legio - RG

Steam  Legendaries

Feel free to add on steam for trades.
(30-12-2015, 07:48 PM)Orgarth link Wrote: It would probably end up being a class that everyone used at the beginning of each game to build OP cades and then swap onto something more fun to play/useful on later waves. It would also be really hard to balance. Cades usually stop nords long enough for them to be killed as it is, so if you add stronger cades, you'll either have to nerf the current cades, or buff the nords, but if there wasn't a member of this 'Engineer' class then either way you'd be screwed. Couple of other problems: If you didn't get the balancing done exactly right, then either the Engineer class, or the current Engineer support class would be rendered redundant. It would also create reliance upon a single class being at every rag game; I've kind of already said this but I want to re-iterate. At the moment, if you are missing a class in one of the game modes, even rag, you can usually make do. If Infantry are missing, pavise can replace them as shielders and marauders as slashers/If archers are missing, the other ranged classes can usually make up for it/If crossbowmen are missing, infantry can shield and other ranged classes can make up for it/If pikemen are missing, other ranged classes can make up for it and infantry can slash./If there aren't any shielders then archers/pike can kite.
If you added this class though, it would be a single, irreplaceable class (since cades would need nerfing/nords buffing). There is also the problem of, if only rag servers are going to be edited so this class is required, they will be useless on all the other servers, making leveling both boring and annoying for everyone else on the server.

Some valid points here, Although I must correct you, if there are no shielders  in the game, 16 players can't kite to wave 20.

(30-12-2015, 08:36 PM)Sargent Q link Wrote: And when would you have people on this class joining pub rag runs?  They would want too swap as stated earlier and on pub runs they could not be sure of getting back in.

Ye there would be a job of making this char enjoyable to play(adding some gear prehaps)

(30-12-2015, 08:36 PM)Sargent Q link Wrote: I am completely against this class idea.  As well as doing anything with Engineer in general.  I have seen to much of "I don't want to or know how to setup cades" for me to want to see anything that gives a class a buff with them.

I can't see, how is that has anything to do with it.

(30-12-2015, 08:45 PM)Sharmastyle link Wrote: [quote author=Sargent Q link=topic=50872.msg252114#msg252114 date=1451507804]
And when would you have people on this class joining pub rag runs?  They would want too swap as stated earlier and on pub runs they could not be sure of getting back in.

Agreed, totally against. The current class system is balanced for our style of play. And no, rags don't wipe often enough. If you play events on good maps you can almost sleep through them. Public rags wipe because there is no communication and no support.
[/quote]

Actually my idea is to make rags a bit more difficult. Is it a bit too easy, if you can sleep at rag? Big Grin
The only way i could see this is if it was a hero class that could bring prefabbed cades instead of regular cades and it was the only class that could bring the anvil Big Grin would love to see that in game
[Image: 76561198056190414.png]
Will do free crafting and give advice to newer players if they want any!
Adding me on steam is the best way for you to contact me!: http://steamcommunity.com/id/nandogomez

My Shop: http://forum.nordinvasion.com/showthread...ght=Ribbed
(30-12-2015, 08:59 PM)Fury link Wrote: The only way i could see this is if it was a hero class that could bring prefabbed cades instead of regular cades and it was the only class that could bring the anvil Big Grin would love to see that in game

I like, what are saying, that's probably better Big Grin
(30-12-2015, 02:31 PM)Marius link Wrote: I was thinking about, why not adding engineering class as a whole new class? It could bring better support items(like healing bier, ammo stations, anvil's, undestroyable/hard to destroy walls and so on).  It would change a bit this game, would definitely add some new colours here also, if you change ragnarok maps(making them impossible to cade, without this class), it will increase necessity of teamwork as well. Would be great to hear some opinions from you guys. Smile

How does that make rag any harder Marius? *edit* btw walls are already pretty hard to dystroy, only Thor really dystroys walls fairly effiently or like challenge waves on rag. Why would i want an undestroyable wall to make life more boring.
MP - Warden - Sentinel - Zwei - Legio - RG

Steam  Legendaries

Feel free to add on steam for trades.

(30-12-2015, 02:31 PM)Marius link Wrote: I was thinking about, why not adding engineering class as a whole new class? It could bring better support items(like healing bier, ammo stations, anvil's, undestroyable/hard to destroy walls and so on).  It would change a bit this game, would definitely add some new colours here also, if you change ragnarok maps( making them impossible to cade, without this class ), it will increase necessity of teamwork as well. Would be great to hear some opinions from you guys. Smile

That's how, Sharmastyle. Smile
As i stated before,  You won't find this class on pub servers much at all.  So making maps for rag that depends on it wou8ld be a very very bad idea.
Steam name:  Sargeant Q