Emails are disabled - for account issues, post in #help on the NI Discord.

Fatal Error: Updater Returned -1
(13-01-2016, 02:10 AM)Winter link Wrote:1.1.6 is out with mysterious missing models being found and put in their rightful places and a few stat concerns addressed:

Item Changes:
  • Elegant Hafted Axe -1c
  • Maneater -1c
  • Huntress -1p
  • Pike of Kings +3spd
  • Thunder Pike -1p +3spd

1 new legendary item!

can we get working updater? i get this error on both updaters.

NordInvasion Wiki

Brigadine Plated Black -  20/01/16
Dragon Spear - 17/03/18
There was a brief period between bug fixes when an incorrect copy of main.bmp was sent out.  That is what is crashing the updater.  To fix it, find main.bmp in the Modules/NordInvasion folder and delete it.  After that, the updater will work fine and get a good copy of it.

Sorry about the confusion.  A future version of the updater will not crash for problems like this.
CC_Warden_Kip | CC_Sentinel_Kip | CC_Guard_Kip | CC_Zweihander_Kip | CC_Marksman_Kip | CC_Pavise_Kip | CC_Peltast_Kip | CC_Marauder_Kip | others...
(13-01-2016, 05:33 PM)Kip link Wrote:There was a brief period between bug fixes when an incorrect copy of main.bmp was sent out.  That is what is crashing the updater.  To fix it, find main.bmp in the Modules/NordInvasion folder and delete it.  After that, the updater will work fine and get a good copy of it.

Sorry about the confusion.  A future version of the updater will not crash for problems like this.

I did but i think its not the only problem.

NordInvasion Wiki

Dragon Spear - 17/03/18
What language do you have it set to?  If you remove the config file, does it still crash?
CC_Warden_Kip | CC_Sentinel_Kip | CC_Guard_Kip | CC_Zweihander_Kip | CC_Marksman_Kip | CC_Pavise_Kip | CC_Peltast_Kip | CC_Marauder_Kip | others...
(13-01-2016, 06:44 PM)Kip link Wrote:What language do you have it set to?  If you remove the config file, does it still crash?

English, yes it does. same error
NordInvasion Wiki

Dragon Spear - 17/03/18
I've moved this to a separate thread since it was not just a simple fix.

Could you try downloading the updater again to make sure this is not an old copy somehow?  http://thor.nordinvasion.com/releases/updater.exe
Error Message:
Title: Fatal Error
Message Updater Returned -1
Log:
---
2016-01-14 16:18:41 ~ log:71 ~ DEBUG: Updater Launched - 0.1.1
---
2016-01-14 16:18:41 ~ log:99 ~ ERROR: Unhandled Exception
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "<string>", line 3, in <module>
  File "D:\Projects\NordInvasion\GIT-Updater-Private\updater\main.py", line 156, in __init__
  File "D:\Projects\NordInvasion\GIT-Updater-Private\updater\main.py", line 210, in init_tk_menus
  File "D:\Projects\NordInvasion\GIT-Updater-Private\updater\lang.py", line 36, in get_language_list
  File "C:\Python\3.4\lib\configparser.py", line 672, in read
  File "C:\Python\3.4\lib\configparser.py", line 993, in _read
  File "C:\Python\3.4\lib\encodings\cp1254.py", line 23, in decode
UnicodeDecodeError: 'charmap' codec can't decode byte 0x9e in position 120: character maps to <undefined>

Please, don't wanna download the whole thing.
Angel Gotte weiss ich will kein engel sein. Angel
try the old updater
NordInvasion Wiki

Dragon Spear - 17/03/18
Go in and Delete the Main.BMP file. 

(12-01-2016, 02:53 PM)Kip link Wrote: Should have it fixed now.  I've confirmed the new updater works now.  Have not tested the old one but it should work also.

Just check for updates again and it should go through.

PS: If you are using the new updater and it crashes on launch or you are starting Warband and the launcher image is missing, delete main.bmp from your module folder and run the updater again.
Steam name:  Sargeant Q

(14-01-2016, 02:50 PM)Sargent Q link Wrote:Go in and Delete the Main.BMP file. 

[quote author=Kip link=topic=51498.msg253865#msg253865 date=1452610418]
Should have it fixed now.  I've confirmed the new updater works now.  Have not tested the old one but it should work also.

Just check for updates again and it should go through.

PS: If you are using the new updater and it crashes on launch or you are starting Warband and the launcher image is missing, delete main.bmp from your module folder and run the updater again.
[/quote]

deleting "main.bmp" doesnt fix at all.
NordInvasion Wiki

Dragon Spear - 17/03/18