Emails are disabled - for account issues, post in #help on the NI Discord.

Legendary Week
(10-02-2016, 02:21 PM)Malong link Wrote: [quote author=CaptOle link=topic=53383.msg258950#msg258950 date=1455111816]
Even though it added a few new players, it completely inflated the economy at a rate of around 3000% to 4500% in one week. It crashed the economy for legendaries and made people very mad. People that had existing legendaries had their worth it tatters and it had new players with legendaries that stopped playing NI after that week.
I question how many people understand economics versus those that just parrot others. These two things cannot happen at the same time. If prices "[have] their worth [in] tatters," it decreases, which is deflation, which is the opposite of an inflated economy. /sigh...

That aside, the economy of any online game always inflates over time. There is far more gold coming into the game than leaving. This is what causes inflation, not adding more digital objects for players to trade against each other. If you're really against inflation, then please request cost increases for hero class, phoenix feathers/relic fragments/etc, and charcoal/grindstone/candles/needles, respecs, another banned player auction, or anything else that truly gets gold out of the system. Until then, the gold is not leaving, and its worth relative to items is decreasing because gold is entering at a faster rate than its current value in rare items. To reiterate, that's the real cause of inflation.

Edited to add: it's funny that some of the posts against inflation mention increasing gold drops. Increasing drop rate of gold is what causes inflation in the first place. To put it in terms that I hope people can understand: imagine if everyone in the US received $1 billion dollars. A loaf of bread will surely not be $1 anymore. That's the situation you're creating by doubling gold drops.
[/quote]

Yea sorry I meant inflation of the value of gold just as you mentioned with the bread.

The entire market has been inflated because of the volume of people playing and the amount of gold being looted. In one day of playing I can get up to 250k gold. The economic system of NI has yet to adjust to the volume of people looting mats and gaining gold. The weight of one phoenix feather has not been adjusted to account to actual value of 1 million gold as well as quests that have not been adjusted in many years. I understand that a good way to counter this is to increase the cost of heroes.

However, this would heavily damage the lower wealth players in NI, which is why I propose a system of increasing the cost of heroes the more you get them, For example, your first hero will be 750k. The second will be 1 mil. The third will be 1.5 mil. The forth will be 2.5 or something like that.

In order to fix the economy, there needs to be a constant ratio of drops to gold, or change the drop tables to make a single loot in proportion to gold in the market that puts us on that standard. The original way of balancing the value of gold is marketplace materials and Auction Hall taxes. We desperately need an adjustment of higher tier marketplace craftable to nearly double their price at the moment. It will stop the inflation of gold and siphon it out of the economy.

The next thing we need to do as a community is do a major push to get new players to the mod. Without a constant rate of new players entering the mod, it will mean the progressive of wealth of present players will hampered. Without a group of players newer and poorer than them, it will be difficult to pass their existing equipment down and get the next tier of gear. This will cause a formation of a super-elite NI class that will be isolated in the market, trading things back and forth between one another. As of now, the community has seen the formation of this class of player and their stature has been increased dramatically from legendary week. The exclusivity of this class will remain unchallenged unless new players enter the mod. NI is pretty much a trickle down economy with not enough people to trickle down that prevents present players from climbing economic ladder and prevent the economy from growing.

Sorry this is so long but please tell me what you think.
Loots:
Eastern Katana (2016)
Studded Gauntlets (2019)
Volcanic Daggers (2019)
Heavy Salet (2023)

!!Former!! Guardian of Swadian Helium Stores
FV_CaptOle, ObviouslySomebodyOriginal, [LH]MajOle, FV_Best_Zwei_NA, Mike_Pence, Not_Jennifer, Triggered_Potato

(10-02-2016, 05:47 PM)CaptOle link Wrote: The entire market has been inflated because of the volume of people playing and the amount of gold being looted. In one day of playing I can get up to 250k gold. The economic system of NI has yet to adjust to the volume of people looting mats and gaining gold. The weight of one phoenix feather has not been adjusted to account to actual value of 1 million gold as well as quests that have not been adjusted in many years. I understand that a good way to counter this is to increase the cost of heroes.
You know this is in direct contradiction with your previous suggestion:

(10-02-2016, 01:43 PM)CaptOle link Wrote: The only possible things that could be beneficial to the economy and the community is a 2x or 3x mat drop rate, triple hm weekend or a double xp and gold week.

Also it does nothing to support your earlier claim:
(10-02-2016, 01:43 PM)CaptOle link Wrote: [I]t completely inflated the economy at a rate of around 3000% to 4500% in one week.
Quote Board is on Discord (last updated 2023.09.07)
"When I feel bad, I read your quote board." - Corndog

Tofu: People call Tricksters racist, yet we have the most Muslim members of any house.
PCK: If Islam is a religion of peace, and Tricksters have the most Muslims, then is House of Tricksters the house of peace?
Falankos: I always knew that we were the good guys.
(10-02-2016, 05:21 PM)Ribbed link Wrote: Legendary week wasn't even fun, couldn't join any rags(which were pretty much every run)because of the 17+/16.
That seems like 17+ were in the server. Unless there were more than that trying to get into a server and not able to, then the majority were able to play what they wanted. If this is the case, one has to wonder why they didn't start another server.

Tofu: People call Tricksters racist, yet we have the most Muslim members of any house.
PCK: If Islam is a religion of peace, and Tricksters have the most Muslims, then is House of Tricksters the house of peace?
(10-02-2016, 06:21 PM)Malong link Wrote: [quote author=Ribbed link=topic=53383.msg258977#msg258977 date=1455124917]
Legendary week wasn't even fun, couldn't join any rags(which were pretty much every run)because of the 17+/16.
That seems like 17+ were in the server. Unless there were more than that trying to get into a server and not able to, then the majority were able to play what they wanted. If this is the case, one has to wonder why they didn't start another server.
[/quote]

Yes, because there are an infinite amount of NA rag servers and legendary week didn't have all of them filled.

You're right though, I should of just started eu rags and played with 190ping - cause that's real fun.
http://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561198139916824

08/25/15 - Bulwark of Swadia
08/25/15 - Dwarf Axe
11/27/15 - Fell Edge
(10-02-2016, 07:29 PM)Ribbed link Wrote: [quote author=Malong link=topic=53383.msg258985#msg258985 date=1455128506]
[quote author=Ribbed link=topic=53383.msg258977#msg258977 date=1455124917]
Legendary week wasn't even fun, couldn't join any rags(which were pretty much every run)because of the 17+/16.
[/quote]

Yes, because there are an infinite amount of NA rag servers and legendary week didn't have all of them filled.

You're right though, I should of just started eu rags and played with 190ping - cause that's real fun.
[/quote]

i play 200+ ping everyday, in fact playing right now. if you're used to it 200ping is normal....
MP - Warden - Sentinel - Zwei - Legio - RG

Steam  Legendaries

Feel free to add on steam for trades.
Please no... when it was legendary week I took a week off work and no lifed, must have spent near 100 hours playing that week and didn't get a legendary.
''If Turtle can loot, anybody can.''

Sexual Healer of NI

"He took the pike out of my hands before my body even touched the ground." - Nana
"you can sexually heal me any day" - Xen and Bradapple

25/03/2018 - Shield of Kings
11/10/2018 - Imperial Halfplate - Red
(10-02-2016, 02:21 PM)Malong link Wrote: [quote author=CaptOle link=topic=53383.msg258950#msg258950 date=1455111816]
Even though it added a few new players, it completely inflated the economy at a rate of around 3000% to 4500% in one week. It crashed the economy for legendaries and made people very mad. People that had existing legendaries had their worth it tatters and it had new players with legendaries that stopped playing NI after that week.
I question how many people understand economics versus those that just parrot others. These two things cannot happen at the same time. If prices "[have] their worth [in] tatters," it decreases, which is deflation, which is the opposite of an inflated economy. /sigh...

That aside, the economy of any online game always inflates over time. There is far more gold coming into the game than leaving. This is what causes inflation, not adding more digital objects for players to trade against each other. If you're really against inflation, then please request cost increases for hero class, phoenix feathers/relic fragments/etc, and charcoal/grindstone/candles/needles, respecs, another banned player auction, or anything else that truly gets gold out of the system. Until then, the gold is not leaving, and its worth relative to items is decreasing because gold is entering at a faster rate than its current value in rare items. To reiterate, that's the real cause of inflation.

Edited to add: it's funny that some of the posts against inflation mention increasing gold drops. Increasing drop rate of gold is what causes inflation in the first place. To put it in terms that I hope people can understand: imagine if everyone in the US received $1 billion dollars. A loaf of bread will surely not be $1 anymore. That's the situation you're creating by doubling gold drops.
[/quote]

Oh deer economist friend !

But there's a main problem, yes there is a lot of gold in the game, but no it is not circulating. People are keeping their money because they have nothing to invest in, as they've been doing everything for a while. I mean, you see some guys with 32m or more as capital. Meanwhile, people like me who started about 8 months ago, struggling really hard by making trades and runs because I can barely get any good drop (No jokes). Yes there's a lot of money, no there is barely any money flow. I doubt taxes on trades or craftables would help.

But the only solution to improve this and avoid this money to get so "stacked" and goods circulating is simply to add the ability to spend it to people who have that money. Which I think upgrades would be a great improvement for NI. Upgrades of any items are Vanilla based basically. I know it's going to be a lot of work for the devs to have to do 1,2,3 or 4 versions of an item but it would actually improve the health of the whole game.

Most the items are already crude (used by bots), just add one more version in the meantime to be able to improve the items, or something that could buff them (craftable item would be great and ideally in the personnal max level crafting as the house crafting will only improve people who already have a max level house and then leave the new players to their own "sh*t" and make more differences).

But beside that, I think a double xp & drop for mats and gold would be the best thing that can happen to all of us.

- LordChaos (Legionnaire):  Armorsmith
- Kingsguard (Royal Guard):Blacksmith
- Swadian_Hunter (Archer) Jobless
- The_Impaler (Pikeman): Achemist 
- House Crafting: Defender 

01/04/16: Nothing
Quote:_DruggedUpTurtle link=topic=53383.msg258995#msg258995 date=1455133580]
Please no... when it was legendary week I took a week off work and no lifed, must have spent near 100 hours playing that week and didn't get a legendary.

I didn't play at all during that week, but I still hated it.
Having another one would make me quit the mod for sure.
(10-02-2016, 06:13 PM)Malong link Wrote: [quote author=CaptOle link=topic=53383.msg258981#msg258981 date=1455126477]
The entire market has been inflated because of the volume of people playing and the amount of gold being looted. In one day of playing I can get up to 250k gold. The economic system of NI has yet to adjust to the volume of people looting mats and gaining gold. The weight of one phoenix feather has not been adjusted to account to actual value of 1 million gold as well as quests that have not been adjusted in many years. I understand that a good way to counter this is to increase the cost of heroes.
You know this is in direct contradiction with your previous suggestion:

(10-02-2016, 01:43 PM)CaptOle link Wrote: The only possible things that could be beneficial to the economy and the community is a 2x or 3x mat drop rate, triple hm weekend or a double xp and gold week.

Also it does nothing to support your earlier claim:
(10-02-2016, 01:43 PM)CaptOle link Wrote: [I]t completely inflated the economy at a rate of around 3000% to 4500% in one week.
[/quote]
haha, he totally got your there.
Best Solo:
Normal 20 Completed
Hard 20 Completed
Ragnarok 19 incompleted
(10-02-2016, 07:29 PM)Ribbed link Wrote: Yes, because there are an infinite amount of NA rag servers and legendary week didn't have all of them filled.

There's many people that play on servers of different regions when preferable maps are on them. It's not like you need low ping to be able to beat predictable AI on a bot killing game.