Emails are disabled - for account issues, post in #help on the NI Discord.

Legendary Week
(10-02-2016, 07:48 PM)LordChaos link Wrote: Oh deer economist friend !

But the only solution to improve this and avoid this money to get so "stacked" and goods circulating is simply to add the ability to spend it to people who have that money. Which I think upgrades would be a great improvement for NI. Upgrades of any items are Vanilla based basically. I know it's going to be a lot of work for the devs to have to do 1,2,3 or 4 versions of an item but it would actually improve the health of the whole game.
We're not friends, but I typed the same thing here:

(10-02-2016, 02:21 PM)Malong link Wrote: If you're really against inflation, then please request cost increases for hero class, phoenix feathers/relic fragments/etc, and charcoal/grindstone/candles/needles, respecs, another banned player auction, or anything else that truly gets gold out of the system.
Quote Board is on Discord (last updated 2023.09.07)
"When I feel bad, I read your quote board." - Corndog

Tofu: People call Tricksters racist, yet we have the most Muslim members of any house.
PCK: If Islam is a religion of peace, and Tricksters have the most Muslims, then is House of Tricksters the house of peace?
Falankos: I always knew that we were the good guys.

(10-02-2016, 02:21 PM)Malong link Wrote: If you're really against inflation, then please request cost increases for hero class, phoenix feathers/relic fragments/etc, and charcoal/grindstone/candles/needles, respecs, another banned player auction, or anything else that truly gets gold out of the system.

I doubt it would actually help as you're once again limiting people to go out of their "boundries" if I could say so. No one would then try to become a hero as some Hybrids are particularly "OP" considering the other classes & their stats. You're going to say it doesn't matter they can't have legendaries or hero craftables? Who really cares, people who can't drop shit like me could be perfectly hybrid stated and have saved themselves 750K simply. And once again, if you never had a legendary I doubt you'll be ever able to buy a decent one, so what's the point of increasing its cost? I think allowing people to make more classes would improve reducing the frozen capitals. People get bored playing the same class for an eternity, make it 500k instead of 750k and see people getting more heroes, thus using more gold Wink. BUT some quest or achivement should accompany that reduction of price as it wouldn't be good for the long term if there isn't any "constraint".

Beside this, increasing the cost of any goods from the marketplace will only harm the new people, I mean, is it the guy who played the mod for 1-2-3 years who cares about crafting or is it the new guy that is doing that crafting ? Auction taxes won't help either, but the ability for the old guys to improve their gear, by "buffing" it through a craftable item that is end tier of all personnal profession, that do cost a lot to improve a piece of gear from crude to normal or from normal to fine. (This reminds me of a system that Brytenwalda had implemented in their mod, as many other mod also did too). (EG: pay pure gold to a blacksmith to upgrade the gear, but here pure gold won't help).

- LordChaos (Legionnaire):  Armorsmith
- Kingsguard (Royal Guard):Blacksmith
- Swadian_Hunter (Archer) Jobless
- The_Impaler (Pikeman): Achemist 
- House Crafting: Defender 

01/04/16: Nothing
(11-02-2016, 12:53 AM)LordChaos link Wrote: [quote author=Malong link=topic=53383.msg258953#msg258953 date=1455114079]
If you're really against inflation, then please request cost increases for hero class, phoenix feathers/relic fragments/etc, and charcoal/grindstone/candles/needles, respecs, another banned player auction, or anything else that truly gets gold out of the system.

I doubt it would actually help as you're once again limiting people to go out of their "boundries" if I could say so. No one would then try to become a hero as some Hybrids are particularly "OP" considering the other classes & their stats. You're going to say it doesn't matter they can't have legendaries or hero craftables? Who really cares, people who can't drop shit like me could be perfectly hybrid stated and have saved themselves 750K simply. And once again, if you never had a legendary I doubt you'll be ever able to buy a decent one, so what's the point of increasing its cost? I think allowing people to make more classes would improve reducing the frozen capitals. People get bored playing the same class for an eternity, make it 500k instead of 750k and see people getting more heroes, thus using more gold Wink. BUT some quest or achivement should accompany that reduction of price as it wouldn't be good for the long term if there isn't any "constraint".

Beside this, increasing the cost of any goods from the marketplace will only harm the new people, I mean, is it the guy who played the mod for 1-2-3 years who cares about crafting or is it the new guy that is doing that crafting ? Auction taxes won't help either, but the ability for the old guys to improve their gear, by "buffing" it through a craftable item that is end tier of all personnal profession, that do cost a lot to improve a piece of gear from crude to normal or from normal to fine. (This reminds me of a system that Brytenwalda had implemented in their mod, as many other mod also did too). (EG: pay pure gold to a blacksmith to upgrade the gear, but here pure gold won't help).
[/quote]

Putting in pure gold into crafting is so there won't just be too much gold laying around. There was this game called runescape, and there are these people called gold farmers, and all they would do is bring in more gold into the game, leading to everything skyrocketing every item to extremely high gold prices, without craftable items that take gold to make them, everything would just require so much gold for noobs to farm.
[Image: siivDCv.jpg?1]
December 20th, 2015 Impervious
February 8th, 2018 Gothic gauntlets
December 20th, 2019 Fang of Fenrir
Quote:Putting in pure gold into crafting is so there won't just be too much gold laying around. There was this game called runescape, and there are these people called gold farmers, and all they would do is bring in more gold into the game, leading to everything skyrocketing every item to extremely high gold prices, without craftable items that take gold to make them, everything would just require so much gold for noobs to farm.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Full_stop

-

legendary week was fun, but one time is enough. I'm sure the devs can think of other events besides giving OP (as in, original post[er]) legendaries.
if you have problem of the model variety send it to winter xen winter me winter me xen because it'll piss him off
(11-02-2016, 01:13 AM)Nopanda link Wrote: Putting in pure gold into crafting is so there won't just be too much gold laying around. There was this game called runescape, and there are these people called gold farmers, and all they would do is bring in more gold into the game, leading to everything skyrocketing every item to extremely high gold prices, without craftable items that take gold to make them, everything would just require so much gold for noobs to farm.

I haven't meant it here, as I was stating that it would be useless here :p. Read the end part Smile. The problem I see is that some people have money (let's call them veterans or oldies), meanwhile the new people are really struggling to get above 2-3 and even above 4m without being able to loot that "great" items.

I play a lot, I swear to God, I do. But I feel like I am being punished on the long term as I know that I've always been so unlucky in any games to loot any legendaries (it's just a fact lol, biggest loot ever was eagle feather, that I ended up selling 65k xD), so I just do trades even if I farm (no complains here, i love trading anyway). But the trade isn't the whole game here, it's basically M&B, and I think that some boosts such as the double xp & drops for mats are really good and decent boosts. I don't think that a "big" legendary drop boost would be doing any good as it is a legendary, supposed to be rare in anycase, even unique if an item is legendary (basically).

But something that could improve this problem could be eventually, at a higher rate drop on bosses such as a purse (like the hm on prince for exemple) that could be worth 50k, 20k or even 10k, so people would just sell it on the marketplace. Like honestly, I think would help a lot the new people, but it would be just a drop like any other drop from bosses beside legendaries. (I am thinking of raven feathers for example which aren't really worth even selling on AH most of the time).

- LordChaos (Legionnaire):  Armorsmith
- Kingsguard (Royal Guard):Blacksmith
- Swadian_Hunter (Archer) Jobless
- The_Impaler (Pikeman): Achemist 
- House Crafting: Defender 

01/04/16: Nothing
(11-02-2016, 12:53 AM)LordChaos link Wrote: Beside this, increasing the cost of any goods from the marketplace will only harm the new people, I mean, is it the guy who played the mod for 1-2-3 years who cares about crafting or is it the new guy that is doing that crafting ? Auction taxes won't help either, but the ability for the old guys to improve their gear, by "buffing" it through a craftable item that is end tier of all personnal profession, that do cost a lot to improve a piece of gear from crude to normal or from normal to fine. (This reminds me of a system that Brytenwalda had implemented in their mod, as many other mod also did too). (EG: pay pure gold to a blacksmith to upgrade the gear, but here pure gold won't help).
The specific details of implementation are irrelevant, the point is heavier (or more) money sinks have to exist.
Quote Board is on Discord (last updated 2023.09.07)
"When I feel bad, I read your quote board." - Corndog

Tofu: People call Tricksters racist, yet we have the most Muslim members of any house.
PCK: If Islam is a religion of peace, and Tricksters have the most Muslims, then is House of Tricksters the house of peace?
Falankos: I always knew that we were the good guys.
The bosses do drop stuff.  Prince has 5 HM.  Ragnar haws a very high chance to drop 10 HM.  Odin has very high drop rate on 3 lumps and 2 waters.  Siege captain has 5 HM.  War marshall has 1 water.  Loki has a Sulphur and a water i think.  Thor has a few mats himself.  There are good mats that drop from the bosses now a days. 
Steam name:  Sargeant Q

What baffles me is that people keep talking about the "new players" and "struggling" yet a lot of those people are saying a legendary week would be more useful than the WHOLE community having access to double exp or double drops for certain matts. People forgot that double exp = lots of money. Doing a few events i got somewhere around 1m from all the exp or just leveled a character from 0 to 52 for in a different double exp weekend. There are many other things that would benefit the community better than a few people looting legendaries....
[Image: 76561198056190414.png]
Will do free crafting and give advice to newer players if they want any!
Adding me on steam is the best way for you to contact me!: http://steamcommunity.com/id/nandogomez

My Shop: http://forum.nordinvasion.com/showthread...ght=Ribbed
as much as i would love a legandary it is not worth the whole market going crazy and ruining prices, and chances are i wouldnt even get one but atleast with double xp i am guaranteed money for xp conversion and so is everyone else this will make everyone more wealthy instead of a select few
+1 jerre
Barbute-- aug 2014
Serverance--july 2019
Wulfsbane-- Sept 2019
Studded- Nov 2019