Emails are disabled - for account issues, post in #help on the NI Discord.

Legendary Week
In my humble opinion the economy in NI needs two things:

1) All trades, except the trades between char of the same player, must go through the auction hall so the items sold will be taxed. No more trading houses since that hampers the economy.

2) Creation of a banking system where players can borrow money, with interest, so money trickle away from the system as interest. If you dont pay your interest on your debt all of your char loose xp and eventually they are down to lvl 1 or your items will be sold in the auction house.

Just a thought.
‎7H15 M355463 53RV35 70 PR0V3 H0W 0UR M1ND5
C4N D0 4M4Z1N6 7H1N65!
1MPR3551V3 7H1N65!
1N 7H3 B361NN1NG 17 W45 H4RD BU7 N0W, 0N
7H15 L1N3 Y0UR M1ND 15 R34D1N6 17
... 4U70M471C411Y W17H 0UT 3V3N 7H1NK1N6
4B0U7 17, B3 PR0UD!
0N1Y C34R741N P30PL3 C4N R34D 7H15.
(14-02-2016, 09:52 AM)carolusx link Wrote: In my humble opinion the economy in NI needs two things:

1) All trades, except the trades between char of the same player, must go through the auction hall so the items sold will be taxed. No more trading houses since that hampers the economy.

2) Creation of a banking system where players can borrow money, with interest, so money trickle away from the system as interest. If you dont pay your interest on your debt all of your char loose xp and eventually they are down to lvl 1 or your items will be sold in the auction house.

Just a thought.

1. No

2. No.

What is the problem with grinding, you can easily make 1M a week as a low tier player.
Theres nothing wrong with grinding. There's something wrong with the economical system in NI.
Money gets in, but no money is removed. Thats the problem.

Sure we can all continue to play to get more loot, to convert xp to gold, to trade, etc. But the more you grind the more the inflation in the game goes up, more money makes the prices go up, when the prices go up, new players will leave cause they don't see how they can afford to buy weaps, armours, etc. Since the system is flooded with money but no money is "invested" like in the Real World (Infrastructure, houses, etc.) the economical system will collapse if the inflation continues. Thats the problem.

Thats why I think that at least my suggestion to only allow trading through the Auction House is what the game needs.
‎7H15 M355463 53RV35 70 PR0V3 H0W 0UR M1ND5
C4N D0 4M4Z1N6 7H1N65!
1MPR3551V3 7H1N65!
1N 7H3 B361NN1NG 17 W45 H4RD BU7 N0W, 0N
7H15 L1N3 Y0UR M1ND 15 R34D1N6 17
... 4U70M471C411Y W17H 0UT 3V3N 7H1NK1N6
4B0U7 17, B3 PR0UD!
0N1Y C34R741N P30PL3 C4N R34D 7H15.
(14-02-2016, 11:27 AM)carolusx link Wrote: Theres nothing wrong with grinding. There's something wrong with the economical system in NI.

Sure we can all continue to play to get more loot, to convert xp to gold, to trade, etc. But the more you grind the more the inflation in the game goes up, more money makes the prices go up, when the prices go up, new players will leave cause they don't see how they can afford to buy weaps, armours, etc. Since the system is flooded with money but no money is "invested" like in the Real World (Infrastructure, houses, etc.) the economical system will collapse if the inflation continues. Thats the problem.

Thats why I think that at least my suggestion to only allow trading through the Auction House is what the game needs.

Uhhhhh there are quite a lot of money syncs like the AH, and in crafting their are phoenix feathers ect. They might not be massive but there are some.
Also the prices of things as the game has been out almost all things that take mats have gone down in price. not up.
When i got my first trans set it was around 3.5m(Which is now around 1.5m), This was back when a fearsome was 1.5m. The only thing that has really gone up is the price of legendary's due to the "inflation". Also almost everything crafted unless brand spanking new is not sold for crafting cost. Something as simple as a snake halberd cost around 800k to craft > gets sold for under 400k most of the time. I would say starting in NI now is much, much better then when i started.

Also im going to double down on the whole "this thread should be close" or atleast moved to somewhere else
My Steam
Loot:                           M/D/Y
Twig of Yggdrasil - 8/10/2012
Sun Pike - 9/9/2014
Dragon Helm - 1/10/2015
Jormungandr - 2/26/2016

There is a one more money sink which tend to be overlooked. People just come and go. They get themselves nice and costly gear and one day they just stop playing. Most of them don't give away all that wealth and as a result millions "disappear" from the system. Just think about how many of those guys with a top gear, you don't see any more.

Anyway, I started playing NI about 3 years ago and I don't see that creeping inflation destroying NI economy. Prices of materials and gear change, when devs change drops or new recipes appear, but generally they stay at the same level. At least its not like there is a steady growth.

So if something is not broken, why try to repair it?

The only thing that bug me about NI economy is that some materials are pretty much useless (anyone for 1000 antiseptic cloth?), but its not a big deal.
BoS_Niezdara - LVL 52 Repeaterman - Blacksmith LVL 22 | BoS_Niezdara_Guard - LVL 52 Royal Guard - Armorsmith LVL 25 | BoS_Niezdara_Peltast - LVL 52 Master Peltast - Alchemist LVL 25 | BoS_Niezdara_Warden - LVL 52 Warden
(14-02-2016, 11:27 AM)carolusx link Wrote: Theres nothing wrong with grinding. There's something wrong with the economical system in NI.

You're a fool if you think that we are having an inflation, we're not, prices are going down as gold is beginning to be "scarcer" if you check the AH. You can say what you want, but for these last months I've been one of the only ones to set some prices for most of the items as I was able to balance it with my income as I was also able to sell some stuff beside this. I know there are really active traders like me, and the money is flowing, and we're trying to save up that sh*t that is going on atm in the market, because people are just selling cheaper and cheaper because we just can't afford their items anymore. So yeah, money is flowing, but not all the money, so stop talking about stuff you don't even know. The taxes are already way too high for trades, so if you want to take out some money, just do a tax about the stagnant money, and you'll see more flowing money, even if it's 1%. Taxing craftables isn't a good solution, neither is to tax the transactions or increase it. Let the money, push it to flow.

Meanwhile you have the people who doesn't care at all about trading because they got the money they needed by selling a legendary or a couple, or having the ones they only needed. So increasing taxes on craftables would be harming ONLY new players and people who are making a "wealth" from it. As well as for the trades.

- LordChaos (Legionnaire):  Armorsmith
- Kingsguard (Royal Guard):Blacksmith
- Swadian_Hunter (Archer) Jobless
- The_Impaler (Pikeman): Achemist 
- House Crafting: Defender 

01/04/16: Nothing
(14-02-2016, 09:52 AM)carolusx link Wrote: In my humble opinion the economy in NI needs two things:

You realize banking systems cause monetary inflation right. At least in the real world anyway.
http://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561198139916824

08/25/15 - Bulwark of Swadia
08/25/15 - Dwarf Axe
11/27/15 - Fell Edge
Money sinks are not the solution.
This is a top heavy society. The money does not leave the wealthy.
The lower class cannot produce anything of worth.

Without the ability to produce a good that the ones with  money want, money will never trickle down. People like Nka sit on a tower of variable wealth using "solid" capital, (legendaries).

Those like me, upper lower class, who have some solid capital, some money in general, but no legendaries, are unable to break into the noble class without extreme luck or 1000-5000 hours of grinding.

If I had some form of unique item/material I could produce (account locked, can never be changed), that requires time or labor to be spent to produce it, then I could "open shop" and begin producing enough to make a profit.

TL;DR
Money never leaves the rich, lower class cant make a profit.
(14-02-2016, 06:53 PM)DrWhoCares link Wrote: Money sinks are not the solution.
This is a top heavy society. The money does not leave the wealthy.
The lower class cannot produce anything of worth.

Without the ability to produce a good that the ones with  money want, money will never trickle down. People like Nka sit on a tower of variable wealth using "solid" capital, (legendaries).

Those like me, upper lower class, who have some solid capital, some money in general, but no legendaries, are unable to break into the noble class without extreme luck or 1000-5000 hours of grinding.

If I had some form of unique item/material I could produce (account locked, can never be changed), that requires time or labor to be spent to produce it, then I could "open shop" and begin producing enough to make a profit.

TL;DR
Money never leaves the rich, lower class cant make a profit.

'TL;DR
Money never leaves the rich, lower class cant make a profit.'

I disagree with you. You can always try and trade your way up. Not by the auction hall but with the forums. If you play some rag you can get some money to buy items that interest people and try too sell for more. It is a very easy way too make some money.

Also Nka is here for a long time and probably traded his way up. And sure legendary helps but that is just luck.
Gur

I mentioned Nka because he happens to be one of, if not the, richest players.

It would be substantially harder to trade your way up, duping people into selling things at lower prices and buying at higher (because not many people want the lower tier items enough to buy at any cost, those people need money too).

If you could just get a ton of material drops without spending 1000 hours, you could easily make a profiy being the go-to person for that material. Think of WoW and harvesting materials like minerals to sell on auction hall.

NI has no form of harvesting, so we cant use the economy  to work our way up. We must grind our way up to having multiple legendaries or capital. Then use the economy to trade our way higher.