Emails are disabled - for account issues, post in #help on the NI Discord.

[Submission] Snowed In [Screenshots + StatusReport + Notes] Revamping in progress
Senario:
Our last major holding in the north is under attack by the nords!
Get your sword and your snow shovel and defend Swadia!

Screen Shots:
Update on 12/28
Status Report:
Finished the physical appearance of the map
Finished figuring out how to port the map over to the NI module to test with AI
Finished twiddling thumbs
Finished AI pathing
Finished cooking soup
Finished making the shrine
Finished planting Potatos
Finished making pointy sticks
Finished keeping assholes inside the map
Finished making clever comments
Finished the map

Notes:
1. Stairs that can be seen in some screenshots have been replaced with a ramp to accommodate AI horsemen
2. The aforementioned ramp has minor pathing issues for horses: if a horse tries to turn around it may get stuck but never more than two or so horses get stuck and this self corrects in two ways: the first being that AI automatically dismount if they havent been able to move in X seconds and secondly the horseman will correct if the player comes into his line of sight.
3. As can be seen on Swadian Town AI sometimes get distracted and do an airplane impression. There are usually no more than two or three AI that get directionally confused at one time and then its only for a matter of seconds
A well made map, however there is already a few problems I can see simply from the screenshots. But that isnt my job anymore and if I helped I would be taking work of Hande's shoulders (And we dont want that now do we...). So its best I leave this work for him, so he can mount himself with coffees after coffees.
[align=center][Image: 2n6u4ux.png]
well if hes not gunna do it i will... for some god dam reason the AI doesnt like stairs. Specificly cav but also the infantry as well. They get stuck and then someone will abuse the "glitch". For the most part tho, it is just cav. So until there is an all foot soldier wave, there can be no stairs at all :/

but i do enjoy the map and as a map maker myself applaud anyone with the guts to make a map... I give temuzu an hour before he comes in and trashes the thread

Also about the AI pathing... It is more than just putting AI barriers its putting down AI mesh. To learn more about AI mesh and where i learned it from si from this link here: http://forums.taleworlds.com/index.php?t...126.0.html

probably one of the best tutorials on TW for this Big Grin

all of the scaffolding is horse friendly except those stairs. They may have to be taken out though..

i figure this is possible because iv seen AI on other modules path around scaffolding much more complex than this

would the proper strings.txt entry for this...

scn_village_17 village_17 256 none none 0.000000 0.000000 100.000000 100.000000 -100.000000 0x00000002c003131700066da00000484c000008630000613d

be this?

str_ni_village_17 village_17
you need the outer_terrain_snow on the last line and also the .sco file

If you think this is ready, PM map file and scene code to me.
Lovely little map, looks like it will work well. You need to add some more details though, snowy_pine and snow_barrel, wood and such might do the trick.
How do I port over my map to NI for bot testing?
Only as good as the man to your left and right.  See your enemies driven before you!
(11-01-2012, 05:30 PM)FinKone link Wrote: How do I port over my map to NI for bot testing?
You need map file and map scene code first, then dedicated server, not local one.
You can only test how bots work and you won't get any gear.
If you have anywhere special you want to try you can do it in Native too, just give the opposing team some bots.