Emails are disabled - for account issues, post in #help on the NI Discord.

The Second Nord Invasion Dwarf Fortress
(18-02-2016, 04:22 AM)DrWhoCares link Wrote: Hired.

I still people to state whether or not they want to be part of the original 7. See my previous post about it.

[Image: Funny-Bill-Clinton-55.jpg]
[Image: 76561198056190414.png]
Will do free crafting and give advice to newer players if they want any!
Adding me on steam is the best way for you to contact me!: http://steamcommunity.com/id/nandogomez

My Shop: http://forum.nordinvasion.com/showthread...ght=Ribbed
Dwarf Name: Malong
Preferred Gender: Male
Preferred Marriage (Optional): - N/A
Profession: Doctor
Other Notes (See Spoiler Below):
Quote Board is on Discord (last updated 2023.09.07)
"When I feel bad, I read your quote board." - Corndog

Tofu: People call Tricksters racist, yet we have the most Muslim members of any house.
PCK: If Islam is a religion of peace, and Tricksters have the most Muslims, then is House of Tricksters the house of peace?
Falankos: I always knew that we were the good guys.
What or who are the "original 7"?
TH_Blade - Master Peltast
TH_Blade_III - Chosen Marksman
TH_Blade_IV - Royal Guard
TH_Kenshin - Zweihander
TH_Sirzechs - Sentinel
TH_Anahera - Aventurier
TH_Rikudou_Sennin - Halberdier

A random person: "We should resurrect Hitler with a tome and send him to Syria to defeat the IS"
(18-02-2016, 09:55 AM)GrafBlade link Wrote: What or who are the "original 7"?
They're the original 7 dwarfs that you start the game with, if I'm not mistaken.
(18-02-2016, 09:55 AM)GrafBlade link Wrote: What or who are the "original 7"?

Yotz is correct, at the very beginning I am able to customize all starting gear, animals, items, and dwarves. I have a certain amount of points to spend on dwarf proficiency, items, and animals. I can also customize the Fortress Name using preselectable dwarven words, and the Group Name using an extended amount of words.

The Fortress Name is the name of the fortress, plain and simple. The Group name is a little more difficult to explain if you have no idea how the game works, to sum it up simply, your group name is your affiliation. Some people will migrate from another Fortress, another Group, to join your group. It's possible you could say a group is like being "Someone from Town X" Many people migrate and switch groups, and I can see all groups they have been in.

The original 7 will never be married, because they are created literally out of thin air. They previously never existed in pre-generated history, even if dwarves have been extinct for centuries. They're attributes, personality, etc are still randomized.

Malong has been added, currently we have three people in the original 7.

DrWhoCares - Bookkeeper/Manager/Broker
Winter - Hunter
Aggro - Weaponsmith

I should also mention, because it's looking like if I don't this'll end quickly, we are going to need 1 carpenter, 1 mason, 1 miner, 1 farmer, and optimally, a fisher.
My normal start is:
1 Administrator
1 Doctor
1 Miner
1 Mason
1 Carpenter
1 Farmer
1 Military

Currently we have 1 Administrator. Happy is a carpenter, but he asked to be married to Sigolo.

(18-02-2016, 04:29 AM)Deer link Wrote: so i can be head engraver? i figured i'd be the only engraver...
I added you as Head Engraver for now, (because we don't have one), but this may change later because if you aren't in the first migrant wave, you might not be the first engraver.
Dwarf Name: Orgarth
Preferred Marriage (Optional): - N/A
Profession: Mason
Other Notes (See Spoiler Below): If that's not available i'm happy with being any non-ranged military dwarf.
Don't mind being part of the original 7.
Loots: Dragon Helmet-23/09/2015
We now have:
1 Administrator
1 Hunter
1 Weaponsmith
1 Mason
Dwarf Name: Svenette
Preferred Gender: Female
Preferred Marriage (Optional): - Anyone who can deal with me(i know winter doesn't want to marry someone weird, so let it be noted that i'm totally normal)
Profession: Ranger (animal caretaking/training? Big Grin)
Other Notes (See Spoiler Below): If not that, maybe engineer?
I don't mind being the original 7, but it would be a risk to take XD
[Image: BC19c3d.png]
Ah yes, I had forgotten about Ranger, which is simply the exact same as a Hunter, but lacks the hunting profession (thus meaning they don't carry a weapon or murder things).

If people would like this to begin sooner, I am willing to populate the original 7 with people I know in real life, rather than Nord Invasion people. This will speed up the process, and allow updates to actually begin.

Otherwise, current original 7 is:
1 Administrator
1 Hunter
1 Weaponsmith
1 Mason
1 Ranger
Dwarf Name: Morty
Preferred Marriage (Optional): - Svenette
Profession: Wrestler
Other Notes (See Spoiler Below): Its a green card Marriage