Emails are disabled - for account issues, post in #help on the NI Discord.

Weapon Upgrades
Get multiple of the same items (eg 3x per upgrade), combine to upgrade into tempered, then masterwork or however it goes.
Each upgrade has the minor boost and may have slight cosmetic differences if people are willing to go to the effort.

* It should be unnecessary for the lower tier items, primarily to look different (worthwhile for some).
* Depending on the item boosts and number of items required for the upgrade, higher tier items could be used for cosmetics only, or to increase the number of viable items, decreasing magnitude of the item upgrade gaps, so you'll end up upgrading more frequently.
* Otherwise it could only be useful for the top tier items, making them much more expensive for that little boost.

This would also be consuming lots of the items/resources, so item nerfs shouldn't have to be used as often in the long run.

[Image: b8ecae23634dacfd46af0f9d4412ff1d.png]
That would be cool & it would make 3x legendaries rare to the point of deserving the title "legendary".
http://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561198139916824

08/25/15 - Bulwark of Swadia
08/25/15 - Dwarf Axe
11/27/15 - Fell Edge
A fine idea, my dear sir!
Warband has a system of modifiers explained here: http://mountandblade.wikia.com/wiki/Modifiers
These modifiers are already in use e.g. Swadian Hope is rusty, chipped, balanced, tempered, masterwork. In such case combining 3 x Swadian Hope could for instance remove the rusty modifier and thus increase the dmg by 3. So it looks doable based on the current code, seems it would require website side code to perform the upgrade pretty same way as crafting goes (so perhaps not much additional coding needed) resulting in e.g. "Superb Swadian Hope". We could then simply have a new option in crafting: "refine weapon".

On the other hand: it would have to be a lot of hard work to ensure proper balance of the newly created items, to avoid low tier / low  priced items become powerful enough (after refining) to eliminate the upper tier ones by the way they get stats buffed to match the higher grade while still maintaining much lower price.

An advantage of the system, being an disadvantage to me at the same time is that we'd have double the amount of items available without the need of additional models (what is precisely that Warband does: you can have the same weapon in single player: basic, balanced, masterwork: one model - different stats). The variety of models just looks more interesting to me.
not a bad idea... but it would destroy our market environment completle thats why its not useable in NI

for example

u got a Legendary that cost 10m
u now wanna upgrade it by 2x more... so 30m
but the thing is that now 2x legendaries are less on the market and more people want them to upgrade there stuff... means the price of the Legendary would rise and rise... until u pay 100m for a 10m legendary^^
to include a system like this u need to increase the drop chance alot... witch is bs ^^

so not useable for NI at all ... still a funny idea itselve ^^
(02-03-2016, 07:57 AM)XXX link Wrote: not a bad idea... but it would destroy our market environment completle thats why its not useable in NI

for example

but the thing is that now 2x legendaries are less on the market and more people want them to upgrade there stuff... means the price of the Legendary would rise and rise... until u pay 100m for a 10m legendary^^
to include a system like this u need to increase the drop chance alot... witch is bs ^^

That's right.

What's the point may as well buy a whole different item and if it's a legendary and if a lot of people do this it's vale will go up and up.

|Steam| |Some Shop| |VLKA Recruitment| |Legendary Stats|Legendary Item Thread|                                                                                            
2 positive sounding comments so ill expand (kinda went overboard, but also keep in mind this may not be the best way to implement this feature, this comment is more of a detailed example).

It doesn't necessarily need to be implemented this way. There would be more control if the native system was not used, but if completely different items were used which look exactly the same (hardly any effort) with chosen stats and i don't think it'd take too long to slightly change the textures of the items slightly, such as an overlay over each new item, but this feature would still work without this.

Im sure that any other minor issue could also be addressed easily if you put your mind to it, such as the balancing;

I'm thinking 2 upgrades per items (3 different item kinds), with each upgrade requiring another item, so tier 1 is the individual item, tier 2 requires a second item, and tier 3 requires a third item
(t1 -> t3 consumes 3 base weapons for 1 mw/lordly... item)
eg. (only talking about head armour for simplicity)
head armour with let's say 70 protection (helmet A) costing 1m
72 protection for 2m
74 protection for 3m

Now the next best weapon available (helmet B) may be worth 3m and provide 73 protection, also increasing in increments of 2 protection or w/e keeps it balanced with the next item, but this is irrelevant.
The more the helmet A is consumed, the less there is of it available, so getting to tier 3 would cost more, and would automatically balance with helmet B's tier 1, which would then balance with Helmet C and so on.

Any item below t4 (class tier) hardly matters, because you don't use it for long, but they may as well have tiny boosts, mainly used for their appearance, eg
t1 helmet with neckguard (46) - 4k
t2 - 48 proctection for 8k
t3 - 50 protection for 12k

t1 great helmet (56) - 9k
t2 - 57 protection for 18k
t3 - 58 protection for 27k
(or just reduced weight [or requires more helmets] if that 58 is OP)
The idea is that as you increase in tier, it's still necessary to upgrade, but you'll get that feeling of getting that t2 and t3 helmet neckguard, that you're progressing more and look different.

Now with top tier items, let's say an item worth 10m that there are ~20 of in the game
Helmet X t1 - 90 protection - 10m
t2 - 92 protection - 20m
t3 - 94 protection - 30m

Then someone finds a new helmet in the game worth 50m or w/e people consider them to be worth;
Helmet Y t1 - 93 protection - 50m
t2 - 95 protection
In this case, the item newly introduced is not as good as the combination of 3 of the 2nd best of that item, as it should be imo, because the more people find Helmet Y, the value will rebalance with regards to helmet X, given the tiers.

Edit: XXX just posted, in response, you should also keep in mind that of the item you do have, you will be able to upgrade them to other tiers as well, so your focus will not be on those top legendary items until you are actually rich enough to afford them, which would be a smaller proportion than the community atm. Really, consider the entire scenario opposed to a single aspect, when getting a legandary t2/3 of slightly cheaper items would become more viable than they are now anyway, and when progressing through legendary's you will not be skipped to the next one unless you are lucky with your loot. Also, for people to consume many legendary's at this stage, they must be willing to sacrifice many potential upgrades unless they are maxed, DEPENDING ON IMPLEMENTATION! (if you find a flaw in my ^(doubt it), then just make it so legendary's can't be consumed, or the boost they provide is so minor that only maxed people use it on the top legendary at the time).

tldr: the item progression pathway will be moderated by those items which are 1 level below
(02-03-2016, 08:15 AM)Woody link Wrote: [quote author=XXX link=topic=54485.msg262137#msg262137 date=1456905471]
not a bad idea... but it would destroy our market environment completle thats why its not useable in NI

for example

That's right.

What's the point may as well buy a whole different item and if it's a legendary and if a lot of people do this it's vale will go up and up.
[/quote]

yeah basicly what i ment Tongue
I'll just restate that if you keep on trying to find an issue with an example method of going about a feature, it will never be implemented. Instead find a flaw in the fundamental concept, or i can just adjust that method until everyone is happy, which i haven't had to do yet.
Go get 2,3 x of any thing and may as well get some thing else that better this works with i want to say more than 75% of things.

For the highest tr stuff do i even need to say any more it dose not need to be any better.

|Steam| |Some Shop| |VLKA Recruitment| |Legendary Stats|Legendary Item Thread|                                                                                            
...read my example with helmet A and B, the higher tier items will not always be redundant over the next level weapons, and the next level weapons will not always be redundant to the t3 of the 1 level down weapons.
I presume you mean the top items dont need a buff, well your loadout would be relatively nerfed unless you are maxed, as the next level up upgrades are bigger than the weapon tier upgrades, and if you think maxed people who can afford 2/3x of items shouldnt be able to be buffed, then the best of each weapon type can be unconsumable. Seriously, read my previous comment a good 10x before replying.