Emails are disabled - for account issues, post in #help on the NI Discord.

Was a heavy barricade model changed?
It was possible for an xbowman to shoot through that small window. It looks like you can't do that any longer. Was it really necessary? It was a really neat feature.
BoS_Niezdara - LVL 52 Repeaterman - Blacksmith LVL 22 | BoS_Niezdara_Guard - LVL 52 Royal Guard - Armorsmith LVL 25 | BoS_Niezdara_Peltast - LVL 52 Master Peltast - Alchemist LVL 25 | BoS_Niezdara_Warden - LVL 52 Warden
(15-03-2016, 04:51 PM)Niezdara Wrote: It was possible for an xbowman to shoot through that small window. It looks like you can't do that any longer. Was it really necessary? It was a really neat feature.

yeah, i killed it by accident. i intentionally removed the window and accidentally forgot to replace the old windowed version with the new non-window version (even though the collision mesh works). Just act as if it didn't have a window, it'll be fixed soon enough.
if you have problem of the model variety send it to winter xen winter me winter me xen because it'll piss him off
(15-03-2016, 04:54 PM)Terath Wrote:
(15-03-2016, 04:51 PM)Niezdara Wrote: It was possible for an xbowman to shoot through that small window. It looks like you can't do that any longer. Was it really necessary? It was a really neat feature.

yeah, i killed it by accident. i intentionally removed the window and accidentally forgot to replace the old windowed version with the new non-window version (even though the collision mesh works). Just act as if it didn't have a window, it'll be fixed soon enough.

But why remove it in a first place?
BoS_Niezdara - LVL 52 Repeaterman - Blacksmith LVL 22 | BoS_Niezdara_Guard - LVL 52 Royal Guard - Armorsmith LVL 25 | BoS_Niezdara_Peltast - LVL 52 Master Peltast - Alchemist LVL 25 | BoS_Niezdara_Warden - LVL 52 Warden
(15-03-2016, 04:58 PM)Niezdara Wrote:

it wasn't really used for shooting through in the first place, it was used for shielding mostly. the hole in the middle made it hard to shield because enemies would aimbot through the window and kill shielders and such, so i killed the window.

that said, i do want to try testing with windowed barricades ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
if you have problem of the model variety send it to winter xen winter me winter me xen because it'll piss him off
(15-03-2016, 05:01 PM)Terath Wrote:
(15-03-2016, 04:58 PM)Niezdara Wrote:

it wasn't really used for shooting through in the first place, it was used for shielding mostly. the hole in the middle made it hard to shield because enemies would aimbot through the window and kill shielders and such, so i killed the window.

that said, i do want to try testing with windowed barricades ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

Well, I used it for that very purpose.

Also it pretty wasn't used at all (seriously how often do you people see heavy cade in game?) since someone decided that crafting it require the same materials as a more durable short heavy cade, so people just skip it entirely. It would be really nice if devs could rethink that cade a bit.