Emails are disabled - for account issues, post in #help on the NI Discord.

New Loot System idea
Haha, I understand how you feel.

And I agree that the current system is likely optimal. I do get miffed when players who don't contribute much to the team end up getting drops, but it balances out with the fact that shielders and healers have a chance to loot as well.
ba da bing ba da BAN! -Hypernoma
You can stack your inventory with strange fur or aketons. You can have nothing in your inventory. You can say prayers. You can do a rain dance. The fact is every player will still have the same chance to get a legendary item.

In life people are more lucky than others, it is that simple. NI is no different. Though the more skilled the player/team, the better position you put yourself into to get lucky. If you don't have a legendary and you are a decent, experienced player. Then bad luck. It might come one day, it also might not. It is a part of the game.
pure chance is the way I like it, even if it really annoys me on occasions.

sometimes i have played fairly badly and gotten scales and such constantly.

but yesterday i played the full 20 rounds in normal mode, 1 old boot and 2 hardened metal from 770-ish assists and 267 kills.
Not even any bent swords as i was hoping.

sometimes nice, othertimes incredibly irritating.
Few points I picked up on after reading through 3 pages:

- If we make the looting system based on kills the game would be a competition to who can kill most. This would mean no shielders and it would just end up being with a lot of archers hiding behind shields and killing. Then people moan that archers get all the loot (like in older patch).
- A good point was made that a redshirt is less likely to make it to a higher lvl round where the good drops are because they are easier to kill. If they DO make it to round 20 why shouldnt they have the chance to get the same drop as a lvl 52 playing the game for a year?
- We know AFK people are a problem, which is why we have been expanding the admin team so there is always someone online with the admin boot to kick the player
- Changing the way looting works involves work, and no one likes work  Tongue
"And it goes a little something like this..."
and this is probably the most fair it can be made in my opinion, its abit like winning the lottery, takes alot of tries but when you do its worth it.
Quote:_Gwenhywfar link=topic=7186.msg59791#msg59791 date=1352222073]
and this is probably the most fair it can be made in my opinion, its abit like winning the lottery, takes alot of tries but when you do its worth it.

This.
"And it goes a little something like this..."
as hande said it before they are not changing the loot system! :-X
My Our Vodka Last During this Bloody War.
[spoiler]
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Folly company ;D drop a msg here
http://forum.nordinv.com/index.php/topic,4990.135.html
Imo looting system is fair atm, maybe we need just a few % higher chances of getting rare items
Add me on Steam: xneoblasterx
(07-11-2012, 02:00 PM)Extibo link Wrote:Imo looting system is fair atm, maybe we need just a few % higher chances of getting rare items

Then they wouldn't be rare anymore!
<19:51:48> Channel group "Member" was assigned to "Jack Sparrow" by "Maroon".
<19:51:49> Channel group "Member" was assigned to "Jack Sparrow" by "Fred".
They would still be rare, even 1% higher is enough Tongue
Add me on Steam: xneoblasterx