Emails are disabled - for account issues, post in #help on the NI Discord.

I've never gotten this shaken up from the chat in a damn video game
Hi, I'm a new player from NA and recently I was playing on an NA server. I was making jokes a lot, which were clearly sarcastic and not serious at all, and because This player either had super thin skin or didn't even understand what bullying was, he labeled me as a bully and and with support from the NA server admin Terath, I felt like I was being forcibly shut up and was unable to defend myself. I've made sly joking remarks and jokes in many games and Never has someone labeled me as a bully and Never has an admin shut me down like that. I've been bullied a lot of my life with my Asperger Syndrome and all that so I know what it means to be bullied. What I was doing how ever was NOT bullying. Usually when I get this pissed off at something, the cause is something that happened to me in person. But this was the first time I've ever felt this way on an online game. I know what being bullied feels like, I've walked that road and being shut up like that, talked down upon and labeled like that really set me off because that's a joke compared to what I've gone through let alone the billions of other people who, like me, have been bullied and in most cases much worse than me. So, I would Terath to please read this and see just how I felt while he tried to shut me up.
Honestly I think the admins just wanted you guys to stop talking. It was getting pretty annoying with you both jabbering back and forth. After you left the guy in question started saying someone else was "bullying" him. Terath shut down "the bully victim" as well. I highly doubt it was anything personal so I wouldn't dwell on too much, and get back to killin nords Smile
Yup, do not worry too much. Just check out the NI rules, you can find info there that spamming in-game chat may be considered against the rules and result with a kick (or even worse if there's a good reason for admins to be severe). Some little jokes are always nice, we just have to remember to keep things in proper scale, so it's funny for everyone in the server, not just for the joker himself.
Also: if you find someone seems to be offended by your behaviour just say sorry, always the best way. It feels much better to make yourself friends within the community rather than enemies... Even if you feel you did nothing wrong, someone might take it in a different way, some ppl are more sensitive than others, let's respect everyone's feelings.
I wish you much more pleasing experiences playing this awesome mod. Smile
It's nothing personal, and you're not in trouble. Whether or not you think it's sarcasm is irrelevant; if he tells you it hurts his feelings to say things like that, you don't say it. Him labeling you as a bully is a bit far, but you did kinda insult him on multiple levels (or at least he interpreted it as insults) and I can see why he felt like he was being bullied.

Having read this, I'm sorry that you feel shaken up, but it's against the rules to insult players. I didn't talk down to you, or anyone, for that matter; I said to stop talking and play the game multiple times to you two and you both continued to complain, until you eventually left (and he got kicked later on).

I understand it was sarcasm on your part, but you have to remember that not everybody interprets the things you say the way you do. I didn't mean to make you feel like you weren't allowed to talk, but the amount of time you spent chatting passed over the amount of time you spent playing and helping the team. Also, if half the things you say are memes, I'm probably going to get annoyed with it very fast.

Thank you for posting this, though. It lets me know that you actually listened to everything that I said Smile. Just be sure to be more careful with what you say and consider what the other person might feel about the things that you say, and try not to start arguments with players or admins.

And for reference, the rules: http://wiki.nordinvasion.com/doku.php?id=rules:start

Have fun out there.
if you have problem of the model variety send it to winter xen winter me winter me xen because it'll piss him off