Emails are disabled - for account issues, post in #help on the NI Discord.

Trying a little late to get my account unhacked
Hi

A long time ago, we're talking 5 or 6 years, I used to be an avid Nord Invasion player, playing daily, grinding up, getting gear, you know the rest. However I stopped playing, and the short story is, someone got hold of my forum and Nord Invasion account, did a bunch of trades through the forums (The emails I was receiving as notifications from this forum were being automatically directed to my spam folder, for some reason, so I was unaware of the forum activity) and eventually took all of my items, from all of my characters, from my gold, to my gear, to my crafting mats, the whole works, and traded it to some other account, wiped my Nord Invasion message history so I couldn't see who it was traded to, and left my characters barren.

Some number of months ago, a friend and I (Forum tag Sir_Critical) decided to reboot Nord Invasion for a nostalgia trip, and have a quick game, however after I spawned in with no items, realised something was amiss, and checked my character on Nord Invasion, I discovered that I had no gear. At the time, this didn't bother me too much, I looked into it, found the forum notifications, realised that I sure as hell wasn't the one trying to buy Trans, or sell Swadian hope, and was rightly miffed that my account had been hacked. 

To solve the issue, I decided to message the IRC, however after leaving the IRC running for an entire day, with no response, I decided I didn't care enough to continue trying to get my account unhacked, as I simply didn't see myself playing Nord Invasion again.

However, as of recently, as I mentioned at the start of my post, I've been playing Nord Invasion again and loving it. With a little work of my own and a loan of gold from said friend, Sir_Critical, I was able to get some decent Sniper gear and start playing again. I messaged an old friend, who I used to be in BLooD clan with, Riddler, about whether or not he wanted his items, and informed him that I'd lost my own. Riddler, not caring about his NI account, but with great sympathy for my situation, gave me access to his account to take whatever valuables I wanted to re-kit my own Sniper out again. After playing for a week or so with this gear, I've been extremely happy (Riddler admittedly had better gear than I'd ever acquired during my playtime, so I was having a lot of fun with it) I can't help but shake the twang of injustice of my account being hacked in the first place, even though I've recovered, and are stronger than ever. 

I'm not sure if I'll be able to get any help as to this hacking, my dates are ambiguous, and I can't really supply any further knowledge, but I've decided enough is enough, and even if I don't want my own gear back anymore, my hacker should at least be punished, God forbid he's still playing and/or hacking people to this day.

Any help in this matter would be appreciated, and I'm willing to supply any help that I can in the sorting this situation out

Kind Regards, Keller
TSL Captain

[TSL]_Keller
[TSL]_Keller_Pikeman
[TSL]_Keller_Xbowman
[TSL]_Keller_Sergeant

Legendaries:

Worm Bane: 27/3/2016
Ailadrodd: 11/06/2016

A dev will probably have a look at this but I am..
100% sure that..

- the actual hacking of an account in this mod has yet to happen. You either shared your password, have or had a ridiculously simple password that any child could guess or someone has access to your computer (or it's info, e.g. keylogger).. 
- nobody would ever be able to 'hack' your Nord Invasion account AND your forum account, apart from finding exploits in both system. Which is highly unlikely.
- you weren't on IRC yesterday since I was and even if I wasn't I don't see you in the logs.

Also the fact that all your forum messages are suddenly marked as spam sounds very fishy to me. It seems just very convenient for your story.
To me it seems like you gave your account info away to someone and now years later you regret that decision.

This is just my 2 cents, I could be wrong don't shoot me. But you are not the first one to wrongfully claim this.
Hi

I do not need a long list but what items are missing.
(29-03-2016, 04:05 PM)bluzark Wrote: Also the fact that all your forum messages are suddenly marked as spam sounds very fishy to me. It seems just very convenient for your story.
My forum messages are going to the spam folder as well. Automatically, as I never changed any settings regarding this.
TH_Blade - Master Peltast
TH_Blade_III - Chosen Marksman
TH_Blade_IV - Royal Guard
TH_Kenshin - Zweihander
TH_Sirzechs - Sentinel
TH_Anahera - Aventurier
TH_Rikudou_Sennin - Halberdier

A random person: "We should resurrect Hitler with a tome and send him to Syria to defeat the IS"
(29-03-2016, 04:05 PM)bluzark Wrote: A dev will probably have a look at this but I am..
100% sure that..

- the actual hacking of an account in this mod has yet to happen. You either shared your password, have or had a ridiculously simple password that any child could guess or someone has access to your computer (or it's info, e.g. keylogger).. 
- nobody would ever be able to 'hack' your Nord Invasion account AND your forum account, apart from finding exploits in both system. Which is highly unlikely.
- you weren't on IRC yesterday since I was and even if I wasn't I don't see you in the logs.

Also the fact that all your forum messages are suddenly marked as spam sounds very fishy to me. It seems just very convenient for your story.
To me it seems like you gave your account info away to someone and now years later you regret that decision.

This is just my 2 cents, I could be wrong don't shoot me. But you are not the first one to wrongfully claim this.

(1) I'm thinking that's what happened, it's a password I've used for other games, and not a particularly complicated one at that, so I was supposing that it was someone somehow simply finding it out and getting into my account. I'm using 'hacking' more as a general term to describe someone gaining access to my account without my permission.
(2) My Nord Invasion account, and my forum account had the same password, silly me (Both have been changed since the event)
(3) My attempt to receive help on the IRC was months back, at the time that I booted up NI for a nostalgia trip, it was the day after I played

Someone has already validated my forum messages being marked as spam. And I don't remember giving my account info to anyone, although I sure didn't make getting into my account terribly difficult, but I promise you, someone accessed my account without my consent, and I simply want to correct the issue, although I can entirely understand that doubt on your part, and thank you for looking into the issue.

(29-03-2016, 08:04 PM)[UK]_The_Irish_Eagle Wrote: Hi

I'm don't completely remember what items I had at the time, I was hoping that it'd be possible to see what I lost through tradelogs or somesuch, as it was a long time ago that I was an avid player, and I'm struggling to remember my equipment, but I'll do my best to try and list the gear I was using at the time, and subsequently lost,

Sniper (BLooD_Keller):

Sharpshooter Bow
War arrows
Grosse Messer
Barricade
Open Trooper Helmet
Bear Armour
Ornate Hourglass Gauntlets
(Can't remember the boots, but it was something terribly cheap like Rus boots)

Pikeman (BLooD_Keller_II):
German Poleaxe
Jarids
Simple medic box
Sarranid Veiled helmet
Pikeman's Plated Vest over Mail
Ornate Hourglas Gauntlets 
...Rus boots? Probably

Xbowman (BLooD_Keller_III):
I can't really remember any of his gear, as he was only ever a T1 crossbowman, and never really had much, although his items were stripped anyway, suffice to say it was probably for the most part fairly worthless.

Sergeant (BLooD_Keller_IV)
Steel Sword
Strange Great Sword
Swadian Kite Shield
Deployable Shield
Grinder helmet
(Can't remember the body armour, but I believe it was one of the standard market variety choices)
Black Wisby Gauntlets
...again, probably Rus boots or the like

As well as this, I lost all of my gold, (At the time probably amounting to less than 100k) and all of my crafting supplies, which I simply cannot list for lack of memory.

I appreciate you checking this out, and I really hope we can put this issue at rest.
TSL Captain

[TSL]_Keller
[TSL]_Keller_Pikeman
[TSL]_Keller_Xbowman
[TSL]_Keller_Sergeant

Legendaries:

(30-03-2016, 12:24 AM)BLooD_Keller Wrote:
(29-03-2016, 04:05 PM)bluzark Wrote: A dev will probably have a look at this but I am..
100% sure that..

(1) I'm thinking that's what happened, it's a password I've used for other games, and not a particularly complicated one at that, so I was supposing that it was someone somehow simply finding it out and getting into my account. I'm using 'hacking' more as a general term to describe someone gaining access to my account without my permission.
(2) My Nord Invasion account, and my forum account had the same password, silly me (Both have been changed since the event)
(3) My attempt to receive help on the IRC was months back, at the time that I booted up NI for a nostalgia trip, it was the day after I played

Someone has already validated my forum messages being marked as spam. And I don't remember giving my account info to anyone, although I sure didn't make getting into my account terribly difficult, but I promise you, someone accessed my account without my consent, and I simply want to correct the issue, although I can entirely understand that doubt on your part, and thank you for looking into the issue.

I'm don't completely remember what items I had at the time, I was hoping that it'd be possible to see what I lost through tradelogs or somesuch, as it was a long time ago that I was an avid player, and I'm struggling to remember my equipment, but I'll do my best to try and list the gear I was using at the time, and subsequently lost,

Sniper (BLooD_Keller):

Sharpshooter Bow
War arrows
Grosse Messer
Barricade
Open Trooper Helmet
Bear Armour

German Poleaxe
Jarids
Simple medic box
Sarranid Veiled helmet
...Rus boots? Probably

I can't really remember any of his gear, as he was only ever a T1 crossbowman, and never really had much, although his items were stripped anyway, suffice to say it was probably for the most part fairly worthless.

Steel Sword
Strange Great Sword
Swadian Kite Shield
Deployable Shield
Grinder helmet
(Can't remember the body armour, but I believe it was one of the standard market variety choices)
Black Wisby Gauntlets

As well as this, I lost all of my gold, (At the time probably amounting to less than 100k) and all of my crafting supplies, which I simply cannot list for lack of memory.

I appreciate you checking this out, and I really hope we can put this issue at rest.

Hi

I along with another Dev have looked at the trades on your chars.  We see nothing wrong.  It looks like you gave a lot of stuff away when you stopped playing.  The player you traded with is now afg.  Looks like your problem nothing we can help you with.
(30-03-2016, 02:44 PM)[UK]_The_Irish_Eagle Wrote:
(30-03-2016, 12:24 AM)BLooD_Keller Wrote:
100% sure that..

Sniper (BLooD_Keller):

Sharpshooter Bow
War arrows
Grosse Messer
Barricade
Open Trooper Helmet
Bear Armour

German Poleaxe
Jarids
Simple medic box
Sarranid Veiled helmet
...Rus boots? Probably

Steel Sword
Strange Great Sword
Swadian Kite Shield
Deployable Shield
Grinder helmet
Black Wisby Gauntlets

Hi

I along with another Dev have looked at the trades on your chars.  We see nothing wrong.  It looks like you gave a lot of stuff away when you stopped playing.  The player you traded with is now afg.  Looks like your problem nothing we can help you with.

I know this is shockingly hard to prove, and that's why I left this the first time, but I didn't give this person permission to take my items (I still don't know who was given all my gear) and I sure as hell didn't give them access to my forum account, and all of my activity on the forum from Thursday, January 22nd, 2015, 08:10 am to Saturday, March 14th, 2015, 06:06 am isn't me, and I'm wondering where the items purchased and sold were even going and coming from, I can blatantly tell you I never had a chance of hell of purchasing something like trans, and I wasn't a high level of crafting in either blacksmithing or armoursmithing, yet my forum account during that time talks about building a Kings Will. That cannot have been me. And I know it's hard to prove on a game like Nord Invasion whether or not items were taken consensually or not, it always is in this sort of MMO-like game, but I never wanted to give all of my kit away when I left, and what's even stranger is that person posting on my forum account about buying and selling items far outside my league. And I didn't just give a lot of stuff away, my 4 main characters were left entirely barren.

If it's impossible for me to prove that the items were taken without my permission, and I understand it's inordinately difficult, there's no blame on you there, but you have to understand how incredibly frustrating the situation could be for someone in my position.  I'd like to ask that you (Because if I gave my items to this person it doesn't matter if I know their identity anyway) if you can tell me, or PM me the name or the steam tag of the person that was given all of my items so I can try to sort this whole mess out for myself, if you can't take any other action, at least try and do me that favour so I could try to get in contact with this person, and either obtain an admission of guilt, or at least talk it out.
TSL Captain

[TSL]_Keller
[TSL]_Keller_Pikeman
[TSL]_Keller_Xbowman
[TSL]_Keller_Sergeant

Legendaries: