Emails are disabled - for account issues, post in #help on the NI Discord.

Prevent Server Jumping with rewards!
Howdy

Its a real pain to get into a good server with a good team in a public run, so when it does happen it would be great if there was some mechanism to retain the people on the server to play again. At moment there is no incentive to stay on the server, some people leave once the Boss is dead and don't even kill all the remaining bots.

So the idea is to add an XP boost if you stay on the server. If you get to wave 21(e.g you kill all the bots and boss and the server resets on new map) you should get a xp boost for the next game if and only if you stay on the server. And then make that stack, 

Normal (Bigger numbers here to help the noobs level faster)
Game 1 10% XP Boost
Game 2 15% XP Boost
Game 3 20% XP Boost
Stay at 20% for every game after until server jump.

Hard 
Game 1 5% XP Boost
Game 2 10% XP Boost
Game 3 15% XP Boost
Stay at 15% for every game after until server jump.

Hard 
Game 1 2% XP Boost
Game 2 4% XP Boost
Game 3 8% XP Boost
Stay at 8% for every game after until server jump.

If a run falls apart you lose the bonus.
Should not be allowed on Event servers I imagine. 

Just a an idea. I really hate when a hard run breaks up and then there is no more hard runs for a while as most people jump into normal games. 
Just a suggestion.
SPQR_faceless_Legionnaire
SPQR_faceless_Warden

Loots: Loots are not real, just a lie made up by the devs to keep us playing. I will believe them when I loot something!
I would love it like this, it IS really hard to get a good hard run, but once most players get to level 32 they usually jump to hard because hard is 2.5x better (25kassist normal run 70Kassist hard run without dying).
I don't see any problems with server hopping. Games normally take a long time and if a person wants to leave, they can leave. Implementing a system that rewards staying in the same server is kinda pointless, since if there's another hard run up with space, they'd just hop anyways regardless of the XP.

I get that you don't like people leaving servers to go find other ones, but finding another one yourself isn't very hard either, so I really don't see the issue. Unless you're too low level to join Hard / Rag runs, of course.
if you have problem of the model variety send it to winter xen winter me winter me xen because it'll piss him off
I see the thread has been locked already but I'll throw in my thoughts anyway.

The idea of encouraging people not to jump off a server when a run ends does interest me.  Certainly, some people are just ready for a break.  I fully understand that.  Others want to switch to a different difficulty.  Again, nothing wrong with that.  The two reasons that do annoy me are just looking for another run already in progress or trying to avoid a map.

Yes, I know there are maps that people don't like because they are harder or slower and I'm sure that some of them could be modified in one way or another but I don't want to turn this into a "buff maps" sort of thing.  Having some harder maps for variety can be a nice change of pace.

Getting back to the suggestion of rewarding people who stay on the server - I can't really say if this would be the best way to encourage people to stay or not but I do find it an interesting goal to consider.

Now a notion only tangentially related: Sometimes I wish NordInvasion was a bit faster paced; something you can dip into for a short time or still keep playing run after run.  Depending on the mode and the map, runs can take quite a chunk of time which is why sometimes, a lot of people are ready for a break by the end.  I don't mean I want it easier, just less demanding on time.  Perhaps it just does not fit our game but it is something to think about.
CC_Warden_Kip | CC_Sentinel_Kip | CC_Guard_Kip | CC_Zweihander_Kip | CC_Marksman_Kip | CC_Pavise_Kip | CC_Peltast_Kip | CC_Marauder_Kip | others...