Emails are disabled - for account issues, post in #help on the NI Discord.

[Closed] Cannot stay connected to servers.
Hi,

I used to play this mod a long time ago and I recently decided to play it again. However every time I have tried to play I can't stay connected to a server for more than 15 to 20 minutes before it sends me back to the character select screen and says "disconnected from server". The only reason I bring up that I played this mod in the past was that I never had this issue then, only now. I have also only tried playing on EU servers since I work nights and they are the only ones populated when I get home. If anyone has an idea or a link to a/the fix that has been posted before let me know.

Thanks.
You might have been key-banned if someone had used your key before and had gotten banned
No Stormy. If he was banned he would not be able to join servers at all.

How is your internet normally? Does it time out for a second frequently?
Steam name:  Sargeant Q

(20-05-2016, 01:08 PM)Sargent Q Wrote: No Stormy.  If he was banned he would not be able to join servers at all.  

How is your internet normally?  Does it time out for a second frequently?

Thanks for the quick replies. I am not sure if it does, is there a way to check?
(20-05-2016, 01:16 PM)Jefke Wrote:
(20-05-2016, 01:08 PM)Sargent Q Wrote: No Stormy.  If he was banned he would not be able to join servers at all.  

How is your internet normally?  Does it time out for a second frequently?

Thanks for the quick replies. I am not sure if it does, is there a way to check?

My apologies for the inconclusive information, If you can see your router the internet/connection symbol should either be dim or unlit in periods of connection loss, in my case it would be a blue globe that flickers or goes unlit. 

I think an alright way of testing it would be going into a online game/mmo game and wait for the connection errors such as the timeout in CS:GO or tf2's timeout
Does it happen when you have no kills during some time, e.g. while shielding?
(20-05-2016, 07:32 PM)Bobo Wrote: Does it happen when you have no kills during some time, e.g. while shielding?

Nope, I am always active. My original theory was that the high ping from EU servers had something to do with it. But I just joined an NA server and the same thing happened. I'm playing and after about 20-30 minutes I just disconnect from the server for no obvious reason.
I *might* have fixed the issue. I turned on force single thread and lowered the shadows to the lowest, turned off load in textures, and turned off either antialiasing or antistrophic filtering. I was able to play for an hour or so without issues.
I think that would be a bit strange if the performance related setting would get you just disconnected from server without any other sign of poor performace being shown in advance. In case of performance problems you should rather experience crashes, low fps or heavy lag.

Like Stormy said: most suspicious seems to be the stability of the internet connection. The ability of the router / access software to automatically reconnect can make it almost impossible to experience such a problem in other uses but if you lose connection for even a very short moment while on server (one that does not sustain the player waiting for reconnecting) you get dropped. You might want to test your connection using software or online service (e.g. pingtest.net and many others) that shows the amount of jitter and packet loss, not just ping and speed. (Just pick some test server close to you to avoid a false negative results coming from some distant part of network that may experience problems at the time which has nothing to do with your side connection components).

PS. some typical result for me is ping of 40 ms with the jitter of 3 ms (at 200 km from test server). That means the connection is stable (though not very fast in terms of ping). Should you find your jitter is high comparing to ping then you connection has problems...
PS2. also: I've just reminded myself the anti-leech capabilities (inactivity time out) NI uses does NOT kick players out of server but it simply strips them of the assist XP instead. My bad.
Those were my thoughts as well but it was suggested by devs in the m&b forum for people with the same issue as I. The only thing I could think of would be if the "load textures on demand" option couldn't keep up and caused me to time out? I was able to play for hours last night with no issue on NA and EU servers.

Using pingtest.com from where I am in Kansas, US to Frankfurt, DE I had 0% packet loss, 187ms ping, and 7ms jitter. From Kansas to Texas I had 0% packet loss, 40ms ping, and 4ms jitter.

Here is the post from the taleworlds forum I used, maybe it could help someone else. Maybe an admin could sticky it? I don't know.

https://forums.taleworlds.com/index.php/...783.0.html