Emails are disabled - for account issues, post in #help on the NI Discord.

Why People take CTS over Pilums
Hi there,
i often was able to watch players taking CTS over Pilums.I often asked them why.
They all responded with "It does more DMG"

Now Pilums has 53p raw (why i call it raw you will see soon)
CTS has 54p raw

Yeah that is reasonable. From the raw DMG perspective they are better.
But Pilums fly much faster then the CTS,if im not wrong,a Speed bonus kicks in,which should make the Pilum deal more DMG then the CTS.
If not Pilums should still out scale CTS on atleast Rag due to the faster throwing which would make its DPS superiour to the CTS.

Am i wrong in any of thoose points?
Is there something secret behind the CTS or are people just silly and see 1 more dmg on CTS and think,yep that thing owns Pilums.

They say im a devil, but they haven´t seen the true Fire burning.

[Image: 76561198004611878.png]
(25-05-2016, 12:11 PM)Lirania Wrote: Hi there,
i often was able to watch players taking CTS over Pilums.I often asked them why.

CTS has 54p raw

But Pilums fly much faster then the CTS,if im not wrong,a Speed bonus kicks in,which should make the Pilum deal more DMG then the CTS.
If not Pilums should still out scale CTS on atleast Rag due to the faster throwing which would make its DPS superiour to the CTS.

Is there something secret behind the CTS or are people just silly and see 1 more dmg on CTS and think,yep that thing owns Pilums.

As far as I know, the missile speed only affects their ability to penetrate/break shields. The reason why I'd prefer CTS personally would be looks on the one hand, but more importantly the accuracy on the other hand. I don't know if there's actually a difference in that concern, but CTS seem to go to the bottom right corner of your crosshair, whereas Pilums are rather in the bottom middle. At least that's how I think about it, pretty much all throwables in NI aren't going straight, got probably used to that already.
I'm used to how Cts flies in the air when throw and what ever nuances the missile has, unless it's a significantly better throwable I prefer to use the weapon I'm most experienced with and won't take pilum when the differences are too few to mess up my aim for, and my aim isn't good in the first place.
Looted A Frying Pan 11/25/14
[Image: tbavTdE.jpg]

(25-05-2016, 02:09 PM)Noname Wrote:
(25-05-2016, 12:11 PM)Lirania Wrote: Hi there,

CTS has 54p raw

As far as I know, the missile speed only affects their ability to penetrate/break shields. The reason why I'd prefer CTS personally would be looks on the one hand, but more importantly the accuracy on the other hand. I don't know if there's actually a difference in that concern, but CTS seem to go to the bottom right corner of your crosshair, whereas Pilums are rather in the bottom middle. At least that's how I think about it, pretty much all throwables in NI aren't going straight, got probably used to that already.

I´m pretty sure they get a speed bonus just like melee weapons do

I persinaly think that pilum fly like a havy thing whil cts fly better and over a bigger distance
Legendary Loots:  Fang of Fenrir 10/2015
                          Wulfbane   8/2018
                          TSA 8/2018
                          Imperial Red 9/2018
                          Hurican Bow 9/2018
                          Rupturers10/2018
                          Sun Pike 10/2018
if you need something to be craftet just PM me or steam me Big Grin http://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561198037943634/
(25-05-2016, 03:22 PM)derJaeger Wrote: I persinaly think that pilum fly like a havy thing whil cts fly better and over a bigger distance

Pilums fly longer then CTS and so they get a bigger distance

(25-05-2016, 03:22 PM)derJaeger Wrote: I persinaly think that pilum fly like a havy thing whil cts fly better and over a bigger distance

the bullet drop on CTS is far worse than pilums, how can you say it flies better? Just go on an map like hande's retreat and try hitting the people in the river shooting by the watchtower, with a cts you have to aim almost in the sky
Correct. Pilum travels faster than CTS (25 vs 21), are lighter (3 vs 5) and have higher accuracy (120 vs 118). In result they aim much better and drop much less, allowing effective use against more distant targets (less overhead aiming margin contributes to more precision). Also the missile speed difference helps to hit targets moving at angle to you since less amount of ahead aiming is needed. The difference may be less distinct when used on MP but once I got Pilum for my Legio I never wanted to go back to CTS again (though I still have my old faithful CTS anyway).

The difference in weight of 3 stacks is 6 which could also be taken into account when in need of speed for kiting.

When it comes to dmg difference, it's negligible. You need the same amount of hits against the same target with either anyway. So the speed is more important in such a case (85 for Pilum, 84 for CTS). The real difference in dmg you get with Dragon Breath (60p) or better that kill Vet Pikes with 1 throw into the body...

One thing when larger drop of CTS is an advantage is when throwing over and obstacle, for instance a wall cade. In such case if you position yourself far enough from the wall you may throw into the crowd of enemies (who stand in some distance behind it) with the highest point of trajectory slightly above the wall.

PS. and there is the Heavy Pilum with 56p dmg, 126 accuracy, 26 missile speed, 4 weight and 15 max ammo. Even better Smile
its my personal mind thats the reason i writhe i personaly think ..... i dont want that you agree me Wink
Legendary Loots:  Fang of Fenrir 10/2015
                          Wulfbane   8/2018
                          TSA 8/2018
                          Imperial Red 9/2018
                          Hurican Bow 9/2018
                          Rupturers10/2018
                          Sun Pike 10/2018
if you need something to be craftet just PM me or steam me Big Grin http://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561198037943634/
(25-05-2016, 07:50 PM)Bobo Wrote: PS. and there is the Heavy Pilum with 56p dmg, 126 accuracy, 26 missile speed, 4 weight and 15 max ammo. Even better Smile

sadly legio only