Emails are disabled - for account issues, post in #help on the NI Discord.

Engineer weaponry
Heya.

As the Engineer is coming, propably in the next update, I started thinking. Unique weapons for the Engineer. Heres some suggestions:

Arbalest

Basically a crossbow, but much, much stronger. But with strenght comes slowness. Im thinking the bolt would kill most enemies/wreck shields with one hit, but would take about 20-30 seconds to reload, so it would be good for sniping those big barricade busters, like Warlords and other polearm wielders.

Wallarmbrust

Almost as same as the Arbalest, except one-hit kills everything, and the reloading takes a whooping 40-50 seconds. Maybe even an AOE effect, causing medium damage to people around the target? Price would naturally be high, so it wouldnt get spammed.

Now for something crazier:

Fire pot

Filled with pitch or naphtha, upon impact would create a small area of fire, slowly burning anyone inside.

Greek firethrower

A bit more complicated, would shoot flame on the target, allowing large areas to be lit on fire with the same effect as the fire pot, except the fire would not last as long.
How would you balance the wallarmburst so people don't gravitate towards it anyway and have 10 of them up? I like the ideas but I'm not sure how they could go into the game without breaking it since you could have a full team of engineers doing certain things to destroy the waves without much effort.
Well, as I said, theyre expensive as fuck. But then again, a time will come when everyone will be a Sniper or a Commando, so its inevitable. But I get your point. Maybe grant it only for the highest Engineer rank? Only give it like, 4 bolts to fire before a refill? The AOE is just a wild idea, not necessary to happen.
I still like them but I don't want engineer to so awesome that no one's a healer. Plus if they're too good the game isn't as challenging.

The ideas are good though but would need tweaking to make it work. Highest engineer rank would be an idea. Think AOE would make it a bit too strong. It'd be cool if it required someone to man it and reload it. Might make it a bit more manageable.
Woah, later patches, CT.

For now, its best that the team concentrate on the basics first.

The Swadians consists of crossbow regimants, I'm surprised that bows ae the only ranged weapons for the archer class.

I generally like the idea of a powerful and slow crossbow, but the attack power can be exploited somehow, and the reload time is too slow to consider getting ammo packs for it, players could just get an arbalest, shoot a boss character, then die & respawn to get another ready-loaded arbalest. Generally the arbalest ammo is not utilized and the 4 wave respawn can be abused with an organized group.

Perhaps in the future modes such as Siege, there could be castle defences such as boiling oil to take out the pesky enemies, but that means particle effects and animations.
[Image: 2n6u4ux.png]
For the Honour of the Fallen Swadians.