Emails are disabled - for account issues, post in #help on the NI Discord.

"no camping"
I had this idea in mind beacuse i have faced this major annoyence many times Before.

It is the "barricade hoggers"

The diffrence here is if the player have better gear, level in terms of rank (sergeant, commando) or performs better in the slashing.

No, these are the people that will "hogg" the barricade for all its Worth, not letting anyone else have a try.

For me who is an infantry mostly this really gets in the way and i am left standing there feeling useless.

I was thinking about a limit for how long you can stay near the barricades, if the limit is reached then you will receive a small message telling you to not camp or just teleport you a bit away.

There are some obvious flaws with this one of course. People who performs well will be annoyed by this message who tells them to move (not like a full screen message or anything) and it might ruin a run if the slasher is teleported away when the shielder needed him the most.

To add insult to injury these people will accuse you of leeching. Well, its not much you can do when they wont let you help.

So theres my idea, any thoughs?
"Warriors of the World" x2 Ragnar x1 Prince 1x Loki
Just putting this out there, the slashers at the cades with good armour and weapons are the people most capable of surviving longer and being most effective. If this idea is put in place, Zweihanders, Legionares, Marauders etc. hero classes will then become pointless as they will be forced out of slashing positions being replaced with players that do not have as higher skill level.
Legendary Loots:
Zephyr - 14/6/2016

(12-07-2016, 07:35 AM)Rowan Wrote: Just putting this out there, the slashers at the cades with good armour and weapons are the people most capable of surviving longer and being most effective. If this idea is put in place, Zweihanders, Legionares, Marauders etc. hero classes will then become pointless as they will be forced out of slashing positions being replaced with players that do not have as higher skill level.

Yes its understandable. As i wrote earlier, if the player performs well then he/she has a reason to be there in the first Place.

What i dont like is the people who wont let you take their places.

Most of the time i just stand there feeling useless.
"Warriors of the World" x2 Ragnar x1 Prince 1x Loki
I don't think it's hard to work out who does what in a game if you just communicate with each other. Unnessasary coding for a nonproblem. Too many slashers? Figure out who slashes and the others can hop on other chars, three of the four classes are ranged. Or you can talk with others as to how to arrange cades so that maximum slashers can be achieved.
Looted A Frying Pan 11/25/14
[Image: tbavTdE.jpg]

I understand your pain oracolus, the way to level up your inf char can be "long and twisty". However, this idea brings in some really nasty troubles:
1. pretty often the one who stands at the cade at all times is the only RG in the team. "Cade camping" is his job actually.  Imagine your shielder being "teleported a bit away" while the enemy is pushing....
2. like Rowan says: the ones who should be slashing are the chars best suited and equipped to deal dmg on enemy (Zweis & Marauders). Keep in mind that in case they would give their place at the cade to low tiers you might expect the following effects:
- the low tier could not be strong enough to dmg heavy armoured enemy at all, occassionally I can observe low tier weapons from low tier players bouncing off some enemies
- DPS (damage per second) would be much lower resulting in the enemy wave surviving much longer and dealing dmg for a prolongued time to your cades and shields, (unless you'd have lots of cades available for the run) it would probably result in a wipe sooner or later. Remember a T3 infantry with a low tier sword needs to hit enemy 3 times where a Marauder with Naval or a Zwei with AGS strikes once...
- should the veterans step back to let the low tiers player hold the cade, what would they do meantime? We'd had the same story you're describing only instead of low tiers standing aside with nothing to do (except healing) we'd have heroes standing aside... Still no good.

The recipe for a good run is to properly balance the classes and avoid being overcrowded with one class e.g. 8 inf or 90% pikemen. That's what ppl do before they start an event: they agree on who takes what role, who will come with RG to shield, who will heal, who brings walls and who brings tomes, and so on, and they rejoin with another char accordingly. When you see there's too many inf perhaps you might consider to switch to ranged for that run. Also a smart compromise for the future (when you hit heroe) are the "hybrid heroes" like Pavise (really good shielder), Marauder (really good slasher) or Legio (pretty good everything Smile who can very effectively act ranged if they find no spot at the cade.
You should be thankful that veteran players are there helping you level up. Just go legion once you reach max and you'll never worry about it again.
http://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561198139916824

08/25/15 - Bulwark of Swadia
08/25/15 - Dwarf Axe
11/27/15 - Fell Edge
Or you can level up just like everyone else and get a reason to stand at the cades. If you want to die and not get any assist xp, you can do so without taking a slashing spot. Find a crossbow, throwing weapons or medkits and make yourself useful if there's no spot available.
This:

(12-07-2016, 08:31 AM)Ribbed Wrote: You should be thankful that veteran players are there helping you level up. Just go legion once you reach max and you'll never worry about it again.

and this:

(12-07-2016, 08:44 AM)Soviet Wrote: Or you can level up just like everyone else and get a reason to stand at the cades. If you want to die and not get any assist xp, you can do so without taking a slashing spot. Find a crossbow, throwing weapons or medkits and make yourself useful if there's no spot available.

That's all, good luck grinding Wink
No. Other responses cover it. It would be so weird and somewhat pointless. If you do too much the game will force you to stop doing things? No thanks.