Emails are disabled - for account issues, post in #help on the NI Discord.

Poll: What do you think about the cav nerf?
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
I like it.
40.00%
18 40.00%
I dislike it.
60.00%
27 60.00%
Total 45 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

[Poll] What do you think about the cav nerf?
What do you think?
I'm not playing cav so I haven't tested it, but from what I heard it's too much. It shouldn't be more than a 50% speed nerf for a nearly dead horse.

The problem with cav is that bots are VERY bad against it. They simply don't know how to counter it, which means one cav guy can solo entire waves rather easily. A speed nerf might make it slightly harder. The best solution would be to rework the AI, and make them fight in real formations, but that would probably be very hard to do...

I would say, agree for the fact that the tweaks are unbalanced, disagree that the nerf isn't good.

It's rather if horses would have a fixed threshold of lower speed at 30% health, that would be within reasonable terms.

However, if that isnt a viable option, horses do have manuverbility and charge stats. If manuverbility is lowered by 25% and charge lowered to 1 upon the health threshold, a horseman would surely think twice before charging directly into the horde.
[Image: 2n6u4ux.png]
For the Honour of the Fallen Swadians.
(02-01-2012, 09:20 AM)Deathwhisper link Wrote: I'm not playing cav so I haven't tested it, but from what I heard it's too much. It shouldn't be more than a 50% speed nerf for a nearly dead horse.

The problem with cav is that bots are VERY bad against it. They simply don't know how to counter it, which means one cav guy can solo entire waves rather easily. A speed nerf might make it slightly harder. The best solution would be to rework the AI, and make them fight in real formations, but that would probably be very hard to do...
I solo'd like nothing as and archer...... I solo'd like nothing as infantry..... It wasn't op trust me play as cav when theres archers.... don't judge cav on Ayle. It was fine befor I hate this MASSIVE nerf Im going back to archer.... Though it seems that Cav was fine before

Also If you do this the injured horse walks about 1 mph with is basicly a death sentence.....
(02-01-2012, 09:29 AM)Gomer link Wrote: Also If you do this the injured horse walks about 1 mph with is basicly a death sentence.....

You've been using the pony, havent you Gomer?
[Image: 2n6u4ux.png]
For the Honour of the Fallen Swadians.
I love the cav nerf! I like playing as cav occasionally but they are very much the most annoying class of everything.

Too often the only one left at the end is a cav player and more often than not he will have some of the lowest scores because all they do is run around in a large circle kiting the bots, which is fine if the rest of the players can move in on them steadily but when its the end of the round and its just one cav guy running around in circles for hours whilst occasionally hitting one bot its just time to leave the server.

Very glad for the nerf as it means that whilst they're doing their soloing it just takes a few hits to the horse to make it unusable for their purposes and they will need to dismount. which usually in a cav player means imminent death and a restart so everyone else can play again Big Grin

awesome nerf!
And when we get to heaven,
To st peter we will tell,
One more soldier reporting sir,
Iv'e served my time in hell.

contribute to the weapon progression documentationL http://forum.nordinvasion.com/index.php/...g8846.html
I am now an archer so...... I completely agree with Nerf! We just need to fix the 1hit wound glitch!
Yea nothing against the cav players, but them seem to always be the last remaining players on the board on cav maps, simply due to the fact that they are very powerful classes with open spaces, still.
Only as good as the man to your left and right.  See your enemies driven before you!
(02-01-2012, 05:02 PM)FinKone link Wrote: Yea nothing against the cav players, but them seem to always be the last remaining players on the board on cav maps, simply due to the fact that they are very powerful classes with open spaces, still.

That's just because we have space to move around, if Infantry could move around the map quickly too and not always have to be near the frontline, they would also be the last ones left.

I also don't think Cavalry is OP, Infantry can solo waves, Archers can solo waves easily by 1-2 hitting anything by shooting them in the face, even over shields (Can even be done easily over huscarls which cover OVER the head) when on even ground, if anything Cavalry are the worse, on the later waves, if your horse goes down, you're useless.

All you have is like 1 athletics and 2 powerstrike, you can't do shit, meanwhile infantry and archers can just clear waves no matter what.
I like the change in theory, but not the implementation of it.

Currently, it is way too random in how much damage is required to slow the horse. My horse can take a hit from a rock, doing no visible damage, and suddenly be so slow that any foot solder can catch me. At the other extreme, my horse has been capable of withstanding multiple hits by infantry as well as a throwing axe to the head and it still manages to run at full speed with maybe 20% health.

If there was a way to implement it so that it is less random and more of a gradual speed decline in speed given the horse's overall health I'd probably like it. I just don't like that any single 1% damage hit can make the horse completely useless. Combine this with there only being two maps where cavalry can currently move around with a decent likelyhood of not receiving any hits to their horse without a ranged NPC shooting at them... and it makes for some very frustrating moments of having to hop off and lose your horse while it has over 90% health.

Oh - and add in the fact that if your horse has any damage at all and you hop off and back on... it will run at a snails pace. Again... great idea IMO but not enjoying the implementation of it.