Emails are disabled - for account issues, post in #help on the NI Discord.

Nord Invasion in Bannerlord
(29-03-2017, 07:21 PM)Winter Wrote: Fun fact: your drop rates are not diminished by having additional players on the server.  The idea that you have 1/16th of the chance to get loot in a full team is wildly inaccurate.  In fact, someone in a team of 4 has only about half the chance of looting a legendary as someone in a 16 man team.
That pretty much ends the discussion about it. Thanks Winter.
(29-03-2017, 08:25 PM)Bobo Wrote:
(29-03-2017, 07:21 PM)Winter Wrote: Fun fact: your drop rates are not diminished by having additional players on the server.  The idea that you have 1/16th of the chance to get loot in a full team is wildly inaccurate.  In fact, someone in a team of 4 has only about half the chance of looting a legendary as someone in a 16 man team.

Except not. If 16 people kill Odin, they're entitled to a higher chance of an item than if 4 people did it? You really have no absolutely issue with that?
Quote Board is on Discord (last updated 2023.09.07)
"When I feel bad, I read your quote board." - Corndog

Tofu: People call Tricksters racist, yet we have the most Muslim members of any house.
PCK: If Islam is a religion of peace, and Tricksters have the most Muslims, then is House of Tricksters the house of peace?
Falankos: I always knew that we were the good guys.
(29-03-2017, 08:28 PM)Malong Wrote:

Except not. If 16 people kill Odin, they're entitled to a higher chance of an item than if 4 people did it? You really have no absolutely issue with that?

I can't reveal too much about the system, but the idea that a drop is decided, then distributed among the 16 players is incorrect.  I just wanted to point that out to Ramos.

The part about more players having higher droprate is based on the XP being cut.  The droprates are all cut at the same rate.  I believe it currently maxes out at 10 players.  I don't like it, but it was decided as a way to dissuade people from kiting / reward people for being in larger groups.
(29-03-2017, 11:59 AM)Woody Wrote: The fact that the NordInvasion Fluffy Event House has not been super popular for people that want a new start says somthing i would think.  
http://forum.nordinvasion.com/showthread.php?tid=57535

Nothing would stop people just doing fluffy events all the time if they wanted a new start... I'm sure it would be a exception from the normal 2 events pr week.

It´s something completely different if you have to play with what you´re given, or to choose to play with basically nothing. You can always just go back to your main characters if you don´t feel like doing that Fluffy thing anymore. And I myself have 2 characters that are playing on their own meaning I don´t use anything on them that´s coming from another character.
(29-03-2017, 09:13 PM)Winter Wrote:
(29-03-2017, 08:28 PM)Malong Wrote:

I can't reveal too much about the system, but the idea that a drop is decided, then distributed among the 16 players is incorrect.  I just wanted to point that out to Ramos.

The part about more players having higher droprate is based on the XP being cut.  The droprates are all cut at the same rate.  I believe it currently maxes out at 10 players.  I don't like it, but it was decided as a way to dissuade people from kiting / reward people for being in larger groups.

Eee.. What about cav? I mean if the maximal potential droprate is set at 10 players, then why not up the limit of cav to 10 players? I mean, the argument of 'cav' being a WIP has been repeated over and over, but it's fun as we still see a lot of changes towards it, and I can't see why it couldn't be ready now if the bot count gets fixed. Regular servers are also subject to be a WIP, but yet the decision for the amount of players has been taken for cav. So cav players have 8/10 on its max potential as a max of chance to loot than a group of 10 people doing a normal run..? And that's also, depending on how much the droprate gets buffed by the 9th and 10th. (As it could be exponential or a multiplier.)

Does the fact that a player is spectator in the team count or not? That had spawned before or not. There are so many factors there, and it seems a bit weird in my humble opinion.

- LordChaos (Legionnaire):  Armorsmith
- Kingsguard (Royal Guard):Blacksmith
- Swadian_Hunter (Archer) Jobless
- The_Impaler (Pikeman): Achemist 
- House Crafting: Defender 

01/04/16: Nothing
Just have 2 admins join the cav server 10/8 best loot chance ;p... lol

Bannerlord needs to come out sooner, I'm getting pretty bored of NI. I'll play a lot more when the next update comes out or the April fools random gear
08/15/16 - White Dragon Helmet
08/25/16 - Dragon Axe
10/2/16 - Ornate Crusader Helmet
11/6/16 - Gothic Salet
12/1/16 - Wulfsbane
1/8/17 - Ornate Bascinet
11/19/17 - Legacy
The april fools is that vgs is in the drop talbes now.

|Steam| |Some Shop| |VLKA Recruitment| |Legendary Stats|Legendary Item Thread|                                                                                            
Is the mission really to not be able to transfer anything from NI Warband to future NI Bannerlord?

I'm no experienced player of Mount and Blade, or any other "war slashing" game for that matter.

But I can see the issue with many high-geared people, discouraged to play since of their current gear.

Still I think that you should be able to at least transfer e.g. 1 character with equipment (to some kind of equivalent) in Mount and Blade Bannerlord.
The important question I believe comes to mind is, how to do this fairly? (Without impacting the player pool.)

As I have understood it, Bannerlord will probably attract a rather higher count of players. Which is a good thing.

But isn't it showing some "gratitude" to enable old players to transfer e.g. 1 character to an equivalent* in the new game?

I see Bannerlord as the same game, only new engine enabling more fancy lighting, better physics and other improvements.
But it's still the same game to me.

I have a friend who used to play, totally terrified since the reset that will remove everything for Bannerlord.
And the funny thing is, this exact person introduced me to this game in the first place! (Not that I regret it, quite the opposite.)

To not be able to transfer anything seems very discouraging.

What I believe makes this mod so great is the amount of work put behind it, it's certainly like no other.
I believe you should honor that, not thriving in removing everything from old players.

Many seem to believe that a new worlds awaits in Bannerlord, why not let life thrive and flourish in Warband until that day comes.
I think it could be a good way, because then people will know that at least something will be able to continue on.
(13-06-2017, 08:12 AM)dalslandan Wrote: Still I think that you should be able to at least transfer e.g. 1 character with equipment (to some kind of equivalent) in Mount and Blade Bannerlord.

no, just dont

"To not be able to transfer anything seems very discouraging"

tbh thats the GOOD thing for me, its a new game. I think its your problem if you can`t deal with it Tongue
nothing should be transfered, not even pink stuff
Legendaries: Aurora Blade  22.10.2014
                     Eagle Crossbow 10.07.2015
                     Black Gothic Plate 19.07.2015
                     Stag Bow 10.08.2015
                     Studded Gauntlets 17.08.2015
                     Eastern Katana 24.08.2015
                     Winged Helmet 27.09.2015
                     Studded Gauntlets 12.02.2017
                     Valsgarde Helmet 10.08.2018
With a new start = you can do things better from the start. 

A lot of requests get the yes but dont get in at all as basically they need to reset some stats or some other game thing.

Most people in the 1% of Ni  would not mind a reset so things can be easyer for all. Only people that would be mad i want to guess if you have 1-10m so just started ni.

Only thing that should go over is maybe pink stuff but even then how much xmas shit is in the game? answer to much.

|Steam| |Some Shop| |VLKA Recruitment| |Legendary Stats|Legendary Item Thread|