Emails are disabled - for account issues, post in #help on the NI Discord.

Official Feedback - Number of Waves [Implemented]
(21-08-2016, 02:41 AM)Fergus Wrote: To be honestly with you on normal if you just take out the first few super easy waves then I think normal would be a lot better. You don't lose any real difficulty just shorten the time it takes to complete a run.

That pretty much matches my thinking about Normal.

(21-08-2016, 02:41 AM)Fergus Wrote: But when it comes to Hard and ragnork I think taking away the total number of runs could damage the difficulty of it all, during those runs its a fight to survive each wave, so by taking away a few waves you ultimately just save us from possible death for a few waves.

I did not think about the perspective that fewer waves means fewer chances to die. An interesting point.

My perspective is that difficulty and speed are not the same thing. To take it to an extreme, you can have one wave of super difficult Nords which is nearly impossible to kill be more difficult that 20 waves of average Nords. The 20 waves just takes longer without challenging you. I would definitely want to look at ways of challenging players more in Ragnarok to compensate if we cut some waves. (And just to emphasize, it is not truly cutting the waves, just moving them to alternates or merging duplicates.)

Definitely interested in the continued feedback on duration vs difficulty.
CC_Warden_Kip | CC_Sentinel_Kip | CC_Guard_Kip | CC_Zweihander_Kip | CC_Marksman_Kip | CC_Pavise_Kip | CC_Peltast_Kip | CC_Marauder_Kip | others...
Less waves does not mean less deaths. Think of wave 18 on hard (ballistamen). Invariably, this wave kills someone, if not many, of the players due to their power. More waves like this wouldn't make you die less, it might have the opposite effect since you would essentially be concentrating the waves into a more pure challenge with higher chance of death on each.

As for making the individual waves take longer, I feel like up until now the balancing of wave length has not taken into account the prevalence of RGs with legendary shields. I think more difficult waves that take longer to kill might give some new life to being a shielder when there is a chance that your shield may actually break. This would of course apply primarily to Rag and Hard.
Characters:
Flick - 52 Sniper
Balinor - 52 Pikeman
GheerBox - 43 SS
Kahlan - 32 Sergeant
[Image: 76561197995845485.png]
I for one enjoy the idea of shorter runs, most likely in the 12 wave range. Having the ability to finish runs is motivating and that would extend to the newer players that would benefit from having an easier time seeing more of the game within a shorter about of time. There is also the fact that waves can already tale forever and dying right after respawn is one of the worst things possible when it comes to having fun
[Image: 76561198056190414.png]
Will do free crafting and give advice to newer players if they want any!
Adding me on steam is the best way for you to contact me!: http://steamcommunity.com/id/nandogomez

My Shop: http://forum.nordinvasion.com/showthread...ght=Ribbed
I could be wrong but if we want to have less time of completing a run, why should we make less waves but better bots? It will still take a long time to complete a run.
Gur

Potentially. I'd imagine the potency of the waves would increase so that you would see more waves like juggernauts and queen's guard with higher armor or high hitpoints. These waves don't necessarily take a long time but they can end a run.

Sent from my SM-G930P using Tapatalk
Characters:
Flick - 52 Sniper
Balinor - 52 Pikeman
GheerBox - 43 SS
Kahlan - 32 Sergeant
[Image: 76561197995845485.png]
In my opinion, having shorter waves on Beginner and Normal. Normal is more of a casual mode which I don't believe that people want to invest a whole lot of their time into (unless levelling) and so I think 12/16 waves would be a good number and changing the cav waves to shorter as woody said. I think keeping the Hard and Ragnarok waves at 20 would be ideal as joining these 2 gamemodes is putting dedication into the run and I think would be over too quickly. The "tradition" where everyone preps for w16 or w20 in rag would, in my eyes, be gone and that is something that I do enjoy. The wave lengths would also create problems as to what troops we are fighting as everyone will have to get used to the new troop waves and how we should prep.
Legendary Loots:
Zephyr - 14/6/2016

I think that if you shorten the total waves, you'll have to make the waves more potent. Or if not more potent then take out the waves that are just so easy that its not funny, like the first few waves on normal to where practically anyone who runs out that isnt a redshirt can just stand there and take little damage while being in the middle of it all.
[Image: 76561198075008213.png]
Souvenirs Taken From Dead Nords
Rebellion 8/4/16
To be honest, I kind of like Woody's idea of 24 waves on Rag. Make Odin harder, move him to wave 24 and add some other god at 20
I think it's good the way it is, cav needs some work imo, you could remove some of the first waves on normal, like woody said, however I think that you have a near perfect game, with a great community and admin/dev team.

Sent from my iPod touch using Tapatalk
Quit the game Now I'm back, rip life
12 waves, and maybe change the spawn wave to all 3 waves ?

the idea though ist pritty nice