Emails are disabled - for account issues, post in #help on the NI Discord.

Horses slowing down on damage
I'll report this as a bug, because current game behavior leaves a lot to be desired.

There are two problems.

First, horse is slowed down too much. A horse with 2/3 hp bar full should still be noticeably faster than infantry! If horse is slowed down that much for just 1/3 of it's hp, then how slow will it be on 1/3? This is totally unfair to cavalry, and especially low-level cavalry who are most vulnerable to stray stones and javelins. Horse speed reduction should be balanced to a horse with health close to zero would be slightly slower than infantry.

Second, the speed reduction is not gradual. My horse was damaged for ~1/3 of it's health, speed was not reduced but I healed it. Then again damaged for ~20%, still no speed loss, but I healed it again just to be on the safe side. Then another hit came for ~1/3 - and suddenly I couldn't even outrun infantry anymore even though hitbar is 2/3 full.

Conclusion: horse speed reduction at it's current state makes cavalry practically unplayable. I have been sceptical about other players' reports on how this modification was way overdone, but after playing on a horseback for a bit I'm afraid the reports are quite true.

Besides, why only player cavalry? Why infantry doesn't slow down on damage, but cavalry does? Why don't bots slow down on damage, either infantry or cavalry ones? I don't think there was any need to nerf a class which is only playable on two maps out of 8, but this is not even nerfing, it's crippling.
Quote:My Little Personal Scripting Workshop (Companions Overseer presentation; Better Trade Goods, Better Civilians and Siege Camp Icon mini-mods; Scene Prop Iterator and AgentFinder script libraries).
It seems enemy horses speed is not affected by received damage.
Agree horse is slowed too much, after horse(Charger) health drops below around 90%(by indicator), horse speed drops significantly, almost slow as infantry(with riding 8). Generally i consider cavalry not playable at the moment, because even simplest enemy classes can deal such damage with one shot or strike in the horse head
I'd suggest the following:

When horse health is 2/3 and above, no speed reduction occurs.

When horse health goes below that, horse is slowed down gradually, so that at zero health it's speed is 50% of normal.

This will give cavalry players some safety margins when dealing with stray flying stones, but player's neglect of his horse health will slow him down enough to be overrun by fast infantry bots (he will still be able to outpace slower infantry enemies).

Obviously, this must apply to bot horses too.
Quote:My Little Personal Scripting Workshop (Companions Overseer presentation; Better Trade Goods, Better Civilians and Siege Camp Icon mini-mods; Scene Prop Iterator and AgentFinder script libraries).
This is plain bs, even with 90% i cant get my horse above a slow walk ._.
Give it a week or so. Christ. It's a big patch, and the devs will fix it right up. Just keep the reports flowing in and stop being little girls.

On the whole bug reporting note, though, here's another one.

If a stone so much as breaches my horse's armor, and I get off the horse; I find that my speed is dropped to a trot, regardless of how much health it has. When I proceed to heal it, my glorious steed's hitbox is at the very least 30 feet in front of my trotting pony w/ rider texture.

While it's fun to see people get bumped and fall over at my death stare, it makes lancing very hard, and pretty outright weird.
I even found recently I was slowed to a crawl even though I could still see the horses health bar was full (probably lost 1hp or something), just seems plain rediculous as seconds after I am hit by a wave of nord cav who proceed to 2 hit my horse(saranid war horse) and me :/
Nothing is impossible, it's just a matter of determination and probability.

2nd Knight forever!

No longer active.
Aye even i got such a small knick on my horse and it went to below a crawl and it was still at 99% health its brutal