Emails are disabled - for account issues, post in #help on the NI Discord.

Poll: yes or no
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Wow bp you're so cool and NI really is dying
42.86%
30 42.86%
shut up bp ur dumb NI is fine
57.14%
40 57.14%
Total 70 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Ding Dong, NI Is Dead
(04-10-2016, 12:31 PM)Falankos Wrote: If you want to deal with the inflated prices, you would need to introduce a new feature for players to sink their money into and effectively removing it from the game (e.g. Hero class). The hero classes were introduced shortly after I started playing the mod and if I recall correctly it lead to lower prices for mats as well as legendaries (that is their value measured in money). Obviously it wouldn't deal with the rarity or obtainability of legendaries but in the end that is what makes them so desirable. You shouldn't be able to own them all at the same time, unless you are NKA.
This new feature I am speaking of should especially be aimed at the richest to expand their end game since those are the ones hoarding hundreds of millions pieces of gold.
Obviously this is only one of many possible solutions to deal with the trading problem and probably not the most efficient but it might do the trick. Increasing the money you gain per run might change the situation in favor for the poorer part of the community momentarily but would increase the problem in the long run.

Or simply some new craftable that can require multiple mats (e.g. : http://forum.nordinvasion.com/showthread.php?tid=54613) but this kind of thing requires too much time and can't be done then :p. The hero class won't sink that money so much and the poor will remain "poor". It's all about materials. Add a new craftable, or feature that requires materials, and see the things changing.

Edit :

By new craftable, i am thinking of something worth it such as : Warmongers did a lot of change, obsidian daggers as well, new bolts did too. we need more intermediate items between the legendaries or even some craftables that can cross certain legendaries (which wouldn't be much of a problem if it's hero locked or not hero locked, look at the grinder helmet and tell me if no craftable is better than it before anyone starts barking). Or to add a new "feature" which is why I proposed a couple in my first answer. Maybe not faction points, but something else, @Malong had a great idea about that.

(As for the people quitting NI, if they decide to make a thread to give away the gears, just give it to a dev, and do an actually "lottery" for every single piece of gear weekly.) ?

- LordChaos (Legionnaire):  Armorsmith
- Kingsguard (Royal Guard):Blacksmith
- Swadian_Hunter (Archer) Jobless
- The_Impaler (Pikeman): Achemist 
- House Crafting: Defender 

01/04/16: Nothing
Adding new craftables to bridge the gap between the the current ones and legendaries would only increase the price of mats needed for them. If those craftables don't add anything new as in your thread and are therefore worse than their legendary equivalent then the rich (considering that they have the better legendary) will be affected by this change only as much as being able to sell their mats for a higher price than before. This would lead to them owning even more percent of the total amount of gold and not solve the inflation problem.
I wasn't talking about adding a hero-hero class but something along the lines.
New craftable item to get the money flowing (one that even rich people will want so their materials go out too, perhaps a fancy anvil.... finally....), new gold sink to suck it all up.
(04-10-2016, 02:42 PM)Winter Wrote: New craftable item to get the money flowing (one that even rich people will want so their materials go out too, perhaps a fancy anvil.... finally....), new gold sink to suck it all up.

To be honest, adding that item if I know what it is wont do much for a long term solution. Sure there's going to be a temporary scramble and such for a few weeks and people Might quiet down, but then you'll just loop back around to the same game. More items is still just more items and won't change much of anything.
Looted A Frying Pan 11/25/14
[Image: tbavTdE.jpg]

(04-10-2016, 01:16 PM)Falankos Wrote: Adding new craftables to bridge the gap between the the current ones and legendaries would only increase the price of mats needed for them. If those craftables don't add anything new as in your thread and are therefore worse than their legendary equivalent then the rich (considering that they have the better legendary) will be affected by this change only as much as being able to sell their mats for a higher price than before. This would lead to them owning even more percent of the total amount of gold and not solve the inflation problem.
I wasn't talking about adding a hero-hero class but something along the lines.

Which is why I proposed the idea of the "mystery box" depending on something such as faction points or Malong's system, so people who does something can be rewarded. It might slightly increase the wealth of some, but I doubt they actually play that actively anyway, meanwhile some players play over and over and aren't rewarded for their participation, such as healers or shielders or any class or participant that isn't meant to get the most kills. 

I guess the idea of Noname or I am not sure who proposed it, to do some side quests during the game or maybe fullfil some roles by accepting a quest. For example, it could be a server notice asking the person what they would "do" during the round with a couple of avaible answers at the start of every run (the trigger) and to be re-shown for the participant who log in the server (password generation system) so they can choose a role to fill in.

Let's take 3 options: 1) Damage dealer 2) Shielder 3) Healer

The damage dealer gets a % more xp assist and gold for every kill THEY do( let's say +25%)

The shielder gets (+25% xp assist and gold+ some extras for every ENEMY hit on the shield )

The healer gets 25% xp assist and gold + some extra for every box used. (spamheal)

In the case if someone doesn't "answer" the poll, he will automatically be placed in the first option.

(04-10-2016, 02:51 PM)Looter Wrote:
(04-10-2016, 02:42 PM)Winter Wrote: New craftable item to get the money flowing (one that even rich people will want so their materials go out too, perhaps a fancy anvil.... finally....), new gold sink to suck it all up.

To be honest, adding that item if I know what it is wont do much for a long term solution. Sure there's going to be a temporary scramble and such for a few weeks and people Might quiet down, but then you'll just loop back around to the same game. More items is still just more items and won't change much of anything.

I guess he is speaking of the anvil that enhances weapons and shields ingame.. but it breaks easily = trolls incoming.. Would definetly need a buff to be as strong as a normal barricade or platform.

Looter is right about the fact that it would be just one more item. I think some new craftables did some good for the community as the warmongers and obsidian + new bolts. Even the yew longbow, the swadian daggers (for a moment XD), and all these items. But we could also make craftables that are higher than orange legendaries, between orange and red legendaries, so it would stick a price on some orange legendaries. Plus I don't understand why we can't just loot "normal" items from nords (yes we do such as the aketon, the one handed axe and the nordic war sword) as it's or sh*tty or a legendary, there aren't any intermediary items. Allow some craftables to be better than some orange and think about what I have suggested before.

- LordChaos (Legionnaire):  Armorsmith
- Kingsguard (Royal Guard):Blacksmith
- Swadian_Hunter (Archer) Jobless
- The_Impaler (Pikeman): Achemist 
- House Crafting: Defender 

01/04/16: Nothing
I can confirm your post in some way.
I played this game now more than 5 years, 3 years NordInvasion with breaks ofc and i never looted an item that has more worth than 500k.
I spend a lot of gametime in it, but it won't help.
If you take a look on the "Legendary Item Thread" or seeing the history of your mates, how much legendaries they had looted in what short time, you are getting really aggressive.
One of the biggest problems in the mod: Looting Legendaries is only luck, you can play 24/7 and get less than someone who played 2h.
Especially for these guys who looted nearly everything. I think it's a good idea, that people who looted too many items in the last time, get temp banned of looting rare items for an amount of time.
Sometimes i think the game isn't the right for me, but it always bring me back to play it.

- "1. No new content... ever" That's right, but it's m&B... I don't know what you expect, but you can't change the whole game.

- "2. No fun allowed" Some people have fun with trolling, some people have fun with just playing the game after the rules. After my opinion, you can't play this game everyday, otherwise you will play it only a few weeks and then stop playing it for 1-2 months.

- "3. Trading is such a hassle" Everyone knows that, confirmed!

- "4. Legendaries are all that matter" Yep, but i played this game a so long time and i still think that i can loot something. I don`t know why, but i like this mod and his way.

- "5. The super-rich control the market" Like every game...
Lvl 52 Master Peltast (HoS_Julianator); Lvl 52 Warden (HoS_Julianator-II); Lvl 52 Sharpshooter ( HoS_Julianator-IV); Lvl 52 Royal Guard ( HoS_Guardinator)

Legendary drops:

06.07.2016 Griffon Bascinet
09.05.2018 Griffon Bascinet

Unlucky - Plz do not bully me

"No new content ever:" well, this is a free game created and maintained by volunteer developers in their free time.
"No fun allowed:" on the whole, I can't really reply on this subject, I'm not one of those "I have to be different" type of players. About being naked or low tier gear, there is (or at least used to be) a rule to use armor and weapons of your tier in Hard and Ragnarok.
"Trading is such a hassle:" this is an extension of the rarity of drops.
"Legendaries are all that matter:" this is a part of diminishing returns and it occurs in more than just gaming.
"The super rich control the market:" this seems to be a rephrasing of "Trading is such a hassle." Anyways, I don't feel it's "controlled" by the super rich, but the market on certain items is certainly "cornered by" the super rich. This phenomenon (again) is not unique to NI.
"No purpose:" the purpose is progression. Like every game with persistent stats that I've ever played, character level cap is a very insignificant part of maximum progression.

These issues are not unique to NI. It seems your base issue is with this type of game. As you and others have stated, you don't need all that much time spent to enjoy the game, and you don't need all the small upgrades that take lots of time to have fun. Maybe this genre is not for you.

As a side note about faction points and nord kill points, it's too late. The players who were frustrated about pseudo-randomness instead of time invested have either accepted it and continue to play, or have long left the mod. The dev response in the NKP thread was pretty disappointing, with one post making it clear that activity and persistence should not be rewarded and would be too much of an advantage over pure pseudo-randomness.
Quote Board is on Discord (last updated 2023.09.07)
"When I feel bad, I read your quote board." - Corndog

Tofu: People call Tricksters racist, yet we have the most Muslim members of any house.
PCK: If Islam is a religion of peace, and Tricksters have the most Muslims, then is House of Tricksters the house of peace?
Falankos: I always knew that we were the good guys.
I know it may not look it but evey one needs cash as most post on this site are wtt/wts with people stuck with stuff for weeks as no one in the conmunaty ether wants it or people that do want it are on a slow grind like every one else.

Mmm if it 10m people would craft it 20 alot less people 30+ my guess 10 people or so would think about crafting. No fast way to get 30m other than loot we all on the same old grind. If lets say people that have (200m+) craft it for 30m did that even do any thing those people will stay rich.

The pricing of this needs to be perfect for it to do really any thing. Im not sure what that numer would be to get the most afect. Hope it not a rip of in stats for the price as no on will make it just about.

Btw for any one that dose not get what this would do. The rich will want your mats pushing the price up for evey thing unless it just uses all of nka storge lol.

|Steam| |Some Shop| |VLKA Recruitment| |Legendary Stats|Legendary Item Thread|                                                                                            
I'm not going to read much here, because it is usually just the same shit being repeated over and over again, bla bla bla.

However i think with bannerlord right around the corner (Hopefully) A lot of us have just stopped playing. The game is in that state of content drought all mmo's get caught up in.
I don't personally think its worth the devs time to start overhauling this mod with it going to be put out of commission in the next year or so. I also think this is just an issue of much of the player base being long time players who are just straight up burnt out of the game. 
Someone here already stated that many players who can not deal with the long term grind quit withing i'm guessing a few weeks, or stay for years.

The barrier to entry for this mod has always been time and luck, not how good you are. Something i hope will be balanced a bit in bannerlord.
My Steam
Loot:                           M/D/Y
Twig of Yggdrasil - 8/10/2012
Sun Pike - 9/9/2014
Dragon Helm - 1/10/2015
Jormungandr - 2/26/2016

To make it short, still I believe it's just what it's all about: like every game, NI is fun for some while it might be not for others. Some ppl get tired with the game and quit, some of them return after w while. Not every single thing is perfect perhaps, probably it's just not possible to make it perfect for everyone since we're all different from each other. That's normal and true for any game existing.