Emails are disabled - for account issues, post in #help on the NI Discord.

Why is everyone so stupid?
I am new as of today, I started today and have noticed that roughly 95% of people playing nord invasion give no thought to fighting near where they can heal, so instead of being out of combat for 15 seconds like a clever person, they make themselves out of combat for 2 minutes.

So why does everyone zerg rush without thought at the statr of matches and why can't we do something about it.

This isn't just recruits, I have seen sergeants doing it too.
Because, well, there are plenty of people out there who will surely have a heard attack if they won't be the first to land a blow on that peasant serf.

As for Sergeants... well, when nearly everyone is rushing forward, what will you as a high-level infantry do? Follow everyone to the front lines and help them to the best of your ability, or stay at the base, wait until everyone is slaughtered and then have an entire wave gang up on you?
Quote:My Little Personal Scripting Workshop (Companions Overseer presentation; Better Trade Goods, Better Civilians and Siege Camp Icon mini-mods; Scene Prop Iterator and AgentFinder script libraries).
I think stupid is a big word in this particular case, if anything it applies to them as much as it applies to you depending on how you see it.

If the fight is too close to the healing pots, you also risk being interrupted and even killed while healing, specially with Cavalry or projectiles being thrown at you or infantry phasing through each other to go kick your ass while healing.
(02-01-2012, 08:08 PM)Lav link Wrote: Because, well, there are plenty of people out there who will surely have a heard attack if they won't be the first to land a blow on that peasant serf.

As for Sergeants... well, when nearly everyone is rushing forward, what will you as a high-level infantry do? Follow everyone to the front lines and help them to the best of your ability, or stay at the base, wait until everyone is slaughtered and then have an entire wave gang up on you?

This is the big reason. When experienced players are on and they actually work together, things get done. With new people they have no idea what to do so they rush. When the majority of people are new in a server, this means only a few may try to camp near a decent spot to defend. This means they will be overwhelmed when the other redshirts die.

No one will disagree with your rant so its really a moot point. Its just a case by case basis of someone experienced trying to make the others understand (if they need to) that they will survive longer simply by staying together. Once they make them understand a little patience goes a long way, they will usually listen especially if they all die and the player trying to make them understand the virtue of patience and teamwork gets them back in the game on a respawn wave.
i think you are playing for different reason then those 95%. For example some are playing to defeat invading nord forces, naturally those players will try to cooperate, use tactics and game features to beat all waves, they probably will like some good challenge and big battles. Other people are playing to satisfy their greed and need of importance, they will try to leech as much exp and gold as possible, to put new fancy piece of armor and shout in the chat how awesome they are, despite the fact they put whole team into danger. Of course there are probably other reason why people are playing, just named the most obvious ones and gave them my assessment.
This is why I don't play RPG grinding games... wait, I'm in one....

Jokes aside, HazardDevil has a point that people just charge like chickens, not mainly because they have no idea what to do, but rather for the fact that the grinding-exp-RPG dilemma overrules teamwork.

The assist exp is a great implementation, but extremely abused by just about anyone, which is basically a slippery slope. If some idiot goes rambo towards the horde, others will follow his footsteps, for fear of the loss of assist exp.

I believe that a home base bonus(of +1exp per kill) would be a likely incentive to stop chicken heading, although that leaves to be desired.
[Image: 2n6u4ux.png]
For the Honour of the Fallen Swadians.
If you are looking for a more organized style of play, your best bet is probably joining a group of friends or a House and set up times to play. If there are enough people following some sort of pattern the rest tend to fall in.
It really must depend on the amount of effort the community puts in, like Deofuta said. And if you have the patience you can be one of the few who actually waits at tactical spots; I sometimes do that and get a few people to join me and they survive with me to hold off the Nords. The others tend to ragequit though...
STUPID TEAMMATES

WHY U NO STAY AT BASE?
(05-01-2012, 10:19 PM)MrShovelFace link Wrote: STUPID TEAMMATES

WHY U NO STAY AT BASE?
Well, I have yet to see a game where teamwork would be common without being agreed on beforehand. Warband and Nord Invasion are no exception to the rule. :-)
Quote:My Little Personal Scripting Workshop (Companions Overseer presentation; Better Trade Goods, Better Civilians and Siege Camp Icon mini-mods; Scene Prop Iterator and AgentFinder script libraries).