Emails are disabled - for account issues, post in #help on the NI Discord.

Projectile despawn time
Playing on a Hard/Rag server Cading is mostly a life deciding factor. Sadly most of the times cades cant be constructed due to too much arrows/javs laying around the place.

so my suggestion is to reduce the time for which projectiles have to despawn. like 15 secs per projectile (should be enough for picking up)

is this even doable engine-wise?
If projectiles despawn, ammo piles become useless. Eg. You can't store up those javs or extra arrows you needed. Otherwise, I'm not sure if this can be coded, someone with knowledge of coding would have to say
Looted A Frying Pan 11/25/14
[Image: tbavTdE.jpg]

(09-12-2016, 08:52 PM)Looter Wrote: If projectiles despawn, ammo piles become useless. Eg. You can't store up those javs or extra arrows you needed. Otherwise, I'm not sure if this can be coded, someone with knowledge of coding would have to say

as i see it projectiles are different than items on the ground like javs sets but i neither have a clue of warband engine
As far as I know, a single arrow will be treated the same way as a pack of arrows so there is probably not a way to make single arrows despawn faster than packs. I have not looked into this specifically so there might be a way I'm unaware of.

What might be interesting is if there were a way to remove/delete items that are in the way on-demand. Besides the problem of figuring out how to implement this, we'd be open to people "deleting" valuable Swadian items lying on the ground.

What might be more likely to work would be some way to set an interaction point which floats above the construction site but does not have a collision mesh (it would not block players or bots from walking through it).

At the moment though, my focus is on fixing some of the recent bugs which have cropped up. If anyone happens to know of a way to do this though, I'd be interested to see some code. For now, I'll add it to the todo list.
CC_Warden_Kip | CC_Sentinel_Kip | CC_Guard_Kip | CC_Zweihander_Kip | CC_Marksman_Kip | CC_Pavise_Kip | CC_Peltast_Kip | CC_Marauder_Kip | others...
(10-12-2016, 04:28 AM)Kip Wrote: What might be more likely to work would be some way to set an interaction point which floats above the construction site but does not have a collision mesh (it would not block players or bots from walking through it).

this Tongue