Emails are disabled - for account issues, post in #help on the NI Discord.

Simple question
(20-12-2016, 04:23 PM)Sargent Q Wrote:
(20-12-2016, 01:48 PM)LordChaos Wrote: I am sorry Q, but before that quest you didn't care about killing the bots? The mod has always been about killing the targets and especially the high priority ones, it didn't change at all at that point. It's not these 2 quests that have implemented this. I am sorry but your arguments are invalid sir. There was always a reward even before that, you think people didn't care about getting the double assist xp and gold before that because it does add up? And that quest existed before for 50 000? And once again, most of successful rag runs has at least 6 tomes in, which means, people are constantly be tomed aswell. 

It was always like this, you kill you get the double assist and gold, which is ok and understandable, but that quest is punishing team work. You know what, from now on in front of Odin, Thor, Ragnar, I'll stop shielding because I'll need the kill anyway and that I will have to think for myself as much as you do, and we'll see most of your faces when shielders will just act like this. How about that? It's not fair, that's all. 

I choose toplay RG mainly because I like it, don't make me and us regret to play something we like meanwhile we are useful in a run and could save tons of lives and tomes and support. You know it isn't right Sargent_Q, so please, be reasonnable. I am happy to see that some quests are being updated, but that's not how we fix a problem, give the shielders an alternative quest, with lower reward, same cooldown and less stuff to kill, and it could be fair then. And once again, healers are left out, but healers can be switched at anytime during the game, meanwhile a shielder is a shielder till the end of it.

There is no double Assist XP.  You get ranged or Melee Xp which at the point you are complaining about is WORTHLESS.  Nor does the gold looted in game add up to much at all.  Until recently the only way to get a decent amount of gold was from assist Xp.  And 6 tomes does not equal a tome for the Damage on waves like followers unless there is a lot of them dead.  I cannot count the amount of times that the top 2 killers were died on a mixed wave and did not get tomed in at least until boss spawn.  Sometimes not get tomed in at all.

Or the quest is rewarding slightly better team work.  All it takes is a little coordination and the server to have more than 2 infantry.  Without the proper combination of classes you are going to wipe.  And with it, it is very easy to coordinate.  You can either look at it as a detriment or a reason to be better coordinated that what you apparently are.

I going to keep coming back to this point until you come up with a better way to fix it.  There has been NO reward for being the top killer on the team as opposed to managing to leech your way to the end of the run.  Why do you think that leeching happened?  Why do you think that AFK shielders happened?  Because you got the same level of reward for doing nothing all game as you did for getting 200+ kills.  And despite our best efforts,  We can't catch all of the leechers.  Despite all the work that has gone into dealing with them people still manage to leech their way to the final boss.

Bottem line is there needs to be someway that the people who get kill get reward for this.  And anyway that happens the RG's are going to complain.  So therefore the best way is going to be to do it in such a way that they can do it as well.  Just at a slower rate.  Because despite what you are saying, Shielders can complete quests without jeopardizing the whole run.  All it takes is a little bit of coordination at the beginning, or for you to die cornering those bosses and someone else takes over the corner.
I think the main problem of this thread is that people have completely different views of what a hard/rag/normal run is. At VM we have the luxury of having generally full runs with everyone on ts and co-operating. The main problem is that with public runs you will generally not have any of this. This quest from the very roots favors DPS classes. Now the majority of this games classes are DPS, however you will drive most people from playing RG (in non event runs). The issue is that there is no alternative for Royal Guards without houses. This game should favor the public runs above the privately held runs(private vs. public), the answer to this cant just be a half-hearted answer of, " become more coordinated" I'm not trying to come off as hostile in this reply, but try to imagine the common player. Pretend house events are not a thing, will he still have equal opportunities?

Messages In This Thread
Simple question - by LordChaos - 20-12-2016, 12:05 AM
RE: Simple question - by Coconut - 20-12-2016, 12:49 AM
RE: Simple question - by DR. - 20-12-2016, 02:08 AM
RE: Simple question - by Winter - 20-12-2016, 02:49 AM
RE: Simple question - by Sargent Q - 20-12-2016, 02:53 AM
RE: Simple question - by captain_floofy - 20-12-2016, 05:07 AM
RE: Simple question - by DR. - 20-12-2016, 05:17 AM
RE: Simple question - by DragonFire1 - 20-12-2016, 05:37 AM
RE: Simple question - by DR. - 20-12-2016, 05:45 AM
RE: Simple question - by LordChaos - 20-12-2016, 01:48 PM
RE: Simple question - by derJaeger - 21-12-2016, 08:54 AM