Emails are disabled - for account issues, post in #help on the NI Discord.

Training Grounds Idea (Move, thanks worm! )
realistic does not really matter 0.0 its a group of 10+ people killing hundreds of axe wielding savages. if all you people care about realistic...go play crpg or something. So in my opinion make it as weird, far fetched, and fun as possible. Granted its not something dumb,but rather cool.
Anyone else wish that they could play from the nords perspective?
How about give the ability for cavalry to have their horses kick with the hind legs to inflict damage/knockdown on enemies that are swarming them from behind? Or perhaps a forward kick that knocks enemies down, allowing for escapes from sticky situations?
ba da bing ba da BAN! -Hypernoma
Well I was thinking of the opposite, the horse could rear and the people in front of him would fall to the ground, taking blunt damage.
(08-01-2012, 03:28 AM)Aventori link Wrote: realistic does not really matter 0.0 its a group of 10+ people killing hundreds of axe wielding savages. if all you people care about realistic...go play crpg or something. So in my opinion make it as weird, far fetched, and fun as possible. Granted its not something dumb,but rather cool.

Well thats just the thing, maybe your in the wrong spot.  Jez wants NI to be rather realistic and thats why hes trying to find the fine line between realistic additions and far fetched WoW additions... I think thats just what my idea DOES, walk the line.
Only as good as the man to your left and right.  See your enemies driven before you!
i don't want to start an argument, but again this mod cannot nor will it ever be realistic. Its a group of 10+ people killing of bunch of barbarians. Not to mention most of the kills are done by a even smaller group.
(08-01-2012, 10:23 AM)ComradeTemuzu link Wrote: Well I was thinking of the opposite, the horse could rear and the people in front of him would fall to the ground, taking blunt damage.

Yea that would actually make more sense. I don't know too much about the mechanics of horse rearing so I'll take your word for it. =]
ba da bing ba da BAN! -Hypernoma
i would say: give the horses a kick to use for when they slow down so that all the infantry can't immediately kill you
(08-01-2012, 10:26 PM)Aventori link Wrote: i don't want to start an argument, but again this mod cannot nor will it ever be realistic. Its a group of 10+ people killing of bunch of barbarians. Not to mention most of the kills are done by a even smaller group.

300 was a great movie, that was made for a reason.  It might have been more then 300 well trained spartans fighting a vastly larger army, but they fought and held against large odds for a long period of time.  So no, you're not coming off as arguementive, just stupid.  So please stop replying with the same reply.  This is a idea thread not a "No this game can't be realistic because of numbers."  Jez said this craps real and damnit I believe in him!  Operation Flash Point or Arma I, II, or the 900 additions they made to their military shooter doesn't seem 100% realistic to me because I'm in the Army, but I don't bash them based on that, I help with suggestions... (if I cared about Arma or Flash Point enough, I don't.)
Only as good as the man to your left and right.  See your enemies driven before you!
While we're arguing about realism, how realistic is it to code in a temporary stat change? Is this even feasible?
Fin i don't know why u continue this or bring a movie to your point. Its a movie and nothing else. There is a reason the 300 died, even though they were well trained. This mod contains people that aren't "trained" at all so i don't know how u could even compare the 2.

Also sense everyone is bringing up letting horses kick, why not just implement a "whip" option. which would do as it does for jockeys and temporarily increase a horses speed to its max so that it can charge through or let you jump over a group of enemies. However the horse could not be at a complete stop, and the whip could only be used once or twice in one life. I'm not sure if putting this in a game is even possible though.