Emails are disabled - for account issues, post in #help on the NI Discord.

Overhead stab speed bonus.
Wandering on the dark spaces of forum saw the hint that "overhead stab" with polearm doesn't take in account speed bonus, or even takes it as negative value.
Went in the singleplayer to check.

Overhead stab seems like* doesnt take in account any movement speed as bonus, but moreover, his random speed bonus(up to ±10%) is more likely gets negative value for some reason.

*Another thing is the times when speed bonus of overhead stab is bigger than ±10%. I have an assumption that it's happens because:
a) Hit happens when animation of stab just started or ends and character returns his weapon from a lunge. -Most likely
b) Speed bonus for overhead stab is inverted. If someone runs at you while you hit him, speed bonus is negative. If someone runs away, it's positive.
I guess need more tests, with bots which would not only run towards you untill they reach weapon strike distance.

PS Not sure if it's intended or a bug.
One thing you need to take into account is the range of a weapon. The damage dealing Part of a polearm is the front (for overhead attacks). The weapon can only get to a maximum of damage if its range is used to an almost full potential.
Not doing so results, as you stated above, in a negative speed bonus or in other words in a reduction of damage outcome.
That given, I can say that it's most likely intended (point b) so especially a matter of timing.

Also, if you for example use a PoK or Jormungandr or any other polearm with (overhead) stab mode, you'll see that it's more efficient to use behind cades instead of in direct combat.
TH_Blade - Master Peltast
TH_Blade_III - Chosen Marksman
TH_Blade_IV - Royal Guard
TH_Kenshin - Zweihander
TH_Sirzechs - Sentinel
TH_Anahera - Aventurier
TH_Rikudou_Sennin - Halberdier

A random person: "We should resurrect Hitler with a tome and send him to Syria to defeat the IS"
(18-04-2017, 11:12 PM)GrafBlade Wrote: One thing you need to take into account is the range of a weapon. The damage dealing Part of a polearm is the front (for overhead attacks). The weapon can only get to a maximum of damage if its range is used to an almost full potential.
Not doing so results, as you stated above, in a negative speed bonus or in other words in a reduction of damage outcome.
That given, I can say that it's most likely intended (point b) so especially a matter of timing.
For me it's basically the same as point ")a".
Thinking logically, there should be ~20-40% speed bonus from moving forward to target when striking, which does not exist.
Unless game still "thinks" that we're using swing animation, instead of stab one.

(18-04-2017, 11:12 PM)GrafBlade Wrote: Also, if you for example use a PoK or Jormungandr or any other polearm with (overhead) stab mode, you'll see that it's more efficient to use behind cades instead of in direct combat.
Depends on the user of weapon. Wink
Especially with Jormungandr. It has less visible length, comparing to sarissa(which is shorter by stats, not by game model), so it's easier to use, atleast mentally.