Emails are disabled - for account issues, post in #help on the NI Discord.

Need some advice regarding gear for Heavy Infantry
I just upgraded myself to Heavy Infantry, and I have no idea how to spend my money wisely. I have roughly 6600 gold (4000 of which I got from CrushTheEvil, thanks bud Smile ), and I have pretty much all of the starter gear. I have the same sword, shield, darts, and leg armor. The only thing I upgraded is my body armor because I'm a level 2 armorsmith, so I made myself Swadian Recruit Armor.

How should I proceed from here? Should I upgrade my gear yet? I think so because sergeant seems pretty far off. If yes, any suggestions in terms of what items to get would be much appreciated.

Thanks
Save for byrnie and buy a voulge Tongue
byrnie first.
I was actually about to buy a byrnie, but I wanted to get suggestions first. Is the marketplace the only place you can get it? Or can armorsmiths make it too?

Edit: I also feel like I have much better survivability when using a shield, but it seems like everyone uses a 2h or polearm? Are those just plain better and I should try to get used to them? Or does it just depend on the person?
I'd say the shield vs two hander is a matter of opinion.  I prefer more reach and a more powerful strike.  My blade will never fault and break from battle marks as compared to a shield, but your more well protected with one.

Only as good as the man to your left and right.  See your enemies driven before you!
The gear on the marketplace are not made by anyone, but you can maybe save some gold by checking out the auction hall. Some people sell the gear they stopped using there for cheaper then the marketplace, so might get lucky.
Thanks for the advice guys. I posted on the trade forum. Hopefully someone's selling their old byrnie.
Keep an eye on the website Auction Hall as well, never know what shows up there.
Soon im getting bouili so i whould maybe sell you my byrnie in half price. Deal? ;P
I went with a studded leather coat for about 800 gold less than the brynie. Solely for the lower gold cost. 800 gold less but has 3 less body armor than the brynie.

I second the auction. Course know the prices on the market before buying anything on the auction house. People don't always sell them for less than it would cost on the market.

(05-01-2012, 10:17 PM)SnRolls link Wrote: Soon im getting bouili so i whould maybe sell you my byrnie in half price. Deal? ;P

That's a decent deal. Nice. How close are you to getting it?

Please use the modify button instead of double posting.
i just need more 2k of gold and thats it Tongue