Emails are disabled - for account issues, post in #help on the NI Discord.

Leaving NordInvasion
Hello,

I figured it would be nice to let people know that I am indeed finally out of here and the reasons why.  I've spent a ridiculous amount of time on this mod, so I guess it is only fair.

The main issue is that I just don't have the time or energy to put into it.  I have just finished my degree and am moving across the country to continue my education.  I have also gotten into several new hobbies over the last year that have been eating up more and more of my time.  I have yet to meet anyone here that shares these hobbies, and honestly I'd like to spend my time with people that have similar interests to me outside of grinding for the next legendary, something I stopped caring about long ago.

To be honest, I could have made room for NI.  I can't lie and say that it is just because I have no time anymore - I just don't want sacrifice the free time I do have for this game.  Playing NI stopped being fun a bit before I even became a developer.  I just played it because my friends played it and there wasn't much else I'd prefer to do.  After becoming a developer, I mostly just played the game to socialize and so I could meet people and get their opinions on what directions they wanted the game to take.  One of my favorite things to do was jump into an event, join TS, and see what people felt about things and plan out a new patch to address concerns and hopefully bring people the things they wanted.  New mechanics weren't something I really knew how to do, but I forwarded on the requests that those that did.

This brings me to my next point - in NI, there are many different people that all want different things from the game.  While some may praise a change, others may cite it as their reason to stop playing.  I tried my best to coordinate compromises based on what I felt was best, but this has become increasingly difficult.  This is the sort of game that has a clear end.  We can't just keep adding harder enemies and creating new tiers of weapons.  This means adding new items or rebalancing things becomes a lot of work and includes adjusting many of the surrounding items.  However, no one really takes kindly to having their things nerfed.  This is completely understandable, and I really tried to keep the transition as smooth as possible - within reason.  At some point you do have to draw the line and say no.  Still, I know there are ways I could have done better, and I know that I made mistakes when deciding how to compromise opposing views and whose opinions to listen to.  I am very sorry to everyone that I failed.

Finally, in recent times something seems to have brought out the worst in people.  I'm not sure if it is stress due to an uncertain future and mounting tensions in the world, simply happenstance, or just something wrong with me, but I am feeling more and more like I want to be away from people and have some peace.  This is an entirely selfish reason - I'm honestly just tired of people and I want to do other things.  This game is stagnating and there are things I would like to do that I am just not allowed to.  I have more than a few disagreements with the direction of the mod, but in the end it isn't my decision to make and I don't want to keep arguing about it.  I also cannot quite understand certain hostilities being displayed - people have different opinions and I wish you'd all just get along instead of taking every opportunity to take another jab at people you disagree with.  I appreciate those that take the time to logically display their arguments, but too often people are just throwing insults at each other, using their opinions as fact, bringing out the "everyone agrees with me" (even when demonstrably false), or blatantly making things up.  I'm just tired and, like I said, I would like some peace.

Best of luck to you all,
Winter
congrats
May peace be with you! Thank you for all the fun and positive things you've done for Nord Invasion and I wish you best of luck in your future plans.

Farewell, Winter.
[Image: dpcfmq0qegd53mozg.jpg]
Loki Kills: 357
Thor Kills: 330
Odin Kills: 259
Prince Kills: 401
King Ragnar Kills: 258

House Crafting: Support 39, Defender 33, Attacker 30
  Alchemist: Lvl 36
Blacksmith: Lvl 21
Armorsmith: Lvl 32
Half the fun of NI is progression. I know you said "Playing NI stopped being fun a bit before I even became a developer" but I don't believe that. Theres' a reason why I didn't join Woodys playershop when he asked. Because I would have access to 95% of the items to the game. Having everything in the game takes the fun out of it. If I was a dev I would probally not play public runs ever, maybe normal runs just to help super new players out.

My shop is worth 500m gold roughly. Last night I played my first NI run in like a week roughly. It was a cav run, and I looted 2 eagle feathers from queen, thats like 200k which is only 0.04% of my player shops worth. If I was a redshirt/newer to the game I would be ecstatic but I wasn't. 2 eagle feathers means nothing to me, it was more of an annoyance cause my heart jumped for a split second thinking it was a legendary.

I wish this game had more progression, something like making a rag cav mode, or difficulty past rag. The most fun I've had in this game was when I owned 100k xbow armor, a repeater and gold bolts mainly because every rag event was a miracle that we won and the mats I collected were like HUGE parts of my worth. 1 rag run= like 1-5% of my net worth.

Anyways, NI is about friends, houses and my playershop to me. Have friends play with them if we all want to play, Run my 1 weekly event in which I invite my friends and have a good time. My playershop I guess I try my best to appease everyone and get stuff which we can all use ( try to not be selfish and not to BUY/SELL everything that I WANT personally).

Theres plenty of other games that are good that I might recommend to play with your NI friends like Sig, terath, NKA or other LK people. Friday the 13th, Dead by daylight, open world survival games like worldsadrift/terraria/minecraft, League, CSGO, MMOs, GTA5, PUBG, ARK, GMOD, Strategy games like EU4/Civ5.

Plenty of stuff out there to play to get unburnt from NI, and who knows maybe in a couple months you might feel tempted to hop into an event with some friends and play 1 or 2 runs  Tongue

Anyways good luck.
08/15/16 - White Dragon Helmet
08/25/16 - Dragon Axe
10/2/16 - Ornate Crusader Helmet
11/6/16 - Gothic Salet
12/1/16 - Wulfsbane
1/8/17 - Ornate Bascinet
11/19/17 - Legacy
You can have other goals in this mod other than net worth. Getting all heros even if I have no use for most of them is my main goal atm and to have 4 red sets I guess but really that goal is more hope than truth as that's not dependent on me at this point.

I use to play games like csgo/cs (all bhop 0 of this competitive shit that's not fun to me.) Ni has something that no other game has had to me. and thats if I join a server there is a good chance I would have played with 10-15/15 of the other people before. Ni being small could be the best part of this mod to me lol and the fact that some people may say ni was/is dead etc but I see games like csgo are dead in a sense.

Anyway, best of luck Winter in life hope I did not make to many sleepless nights for you.

|Steam| |Some Shop| |VLKA Recruitment| |Legendary Stats|Legendary Item Thread|                                                                                            
All around me are familiar faces. Good luck Winter, let hope never die.

Thread hijacker
You'll be right man, take care of yourself.
1x Tears of Hvergelmir.
Good luck. We certainly didn't always agree, but your work and presence were a net positive on the mod and community.
Quote Board is on Discord (last updated 2023.09.07)
"When I feel bad, I read your quote board." - Corndog

Tofu: People call Tricksters racist, yet we have the most Muslim members of any house.
PCK: If Islam is a religion of peace, and Tricksters have the most Muslims, then is House of Tricksters the house of peace?
Falankos: I always knew that we were the good guys.
Try payday 2 if you haven't already, coop game you can play with your friends, and if you play pubs you might run into me. That's what I'm currently into ever since I stopped playing ni. Farewell, I remember when you crossdressed and I did a robot dance with strange swords late at night once.
Looted A Frying Pan 11/25/14
[Image: tbavTdE.jpg]

Damn you Winter, you were our only hope to get kiting back, it seems like you were the only dev that understood the point of kiting :c