Emails are disabled - for account issues, post in #help on the NI Discord.

Anti-archer oriented troops
These kinds of requests probably belong more in the "Enemy troops" section but since you have to state what kind of weapons and armor they wear i instead chose to put it here for the sake of simplicity.

My idea is a Nordic Soldier specifically design to counter Archers, wearing big Tower Shields that cover from head to toe and equiped with deadly jarids to attack from a medium distance. (Something like a roman legionary)

Personally, i Think that Archer classes needs more resistance to make it more even for the infantry, considering that melee fighters already have to deal with enemy Archers.
"Warriors of the World" x2 Ragnar x1 Prince 1x Loki
So... Huscarls with Jarids?
An interesting idea in the times when the runs are mostly spamming projectiles from behind the wall. That could enrich the gameplay. I'd say yes. Smile
PS. SPQR members will not tolerate any "roman legionairs"-like Nords, we will devastate them with pleasure.
"I noticed how useless melee classes are in the current state of the mod. Ranged characters totally dominate a server, to the point where wall barricades are used to create a killzone and an easy win is guaranteed. Even new players, who picked a melee class, are forced to pick up a crossbow to contribute" -Kaasovic

Yeah that describes the current runs pretty well, i Think that we need an equalizer troop to even it out.
Or maybe the walls are just too strong? Nerf?
(26-06-2017, 08:16 PM)Bobo Wrote: Or maybe the walls are just too strong? Nerf?

I have never used those kinds of walls so i cant really say but i would say that a general nerf is sorely needed. A redesign of the maps to encourage more balanced gameplay (less open spaces or stairways to make killzones) and a Reliance on infantry to protect the Archers since that would make more sense since archers are glass cannons.

When people on a run do the wall strategy you just stay put and stand idle since thats all you can do(exept for healing or cading). If you try to do something diffrently you just get wrecked since everyone else will be bombarding the nords who attack the wall cade.
(27-06-2017, 05:56 AM)oracolus Wrote:
(26-06-2017, 08:16 PM)Bobo Wrote: Or maybe the walls are just too strong? Nerf?

I have never used those kinds of walls so i cant really say but i would say that a general nerf is sorely needed. A redesign of the maps to encourage more balanced gameplay (less open spaces or stairways to make killzones) and a Reliance on infantry to protect the Archers since that would make more sense since archers are glass cannons.

When people on a run do the wall strategy you just stay put and stand idle since thats all you can do(exept for healing or cading). If you try to do something diffrently you just get wrecked since everyone else will be bombarding the nords who attack the wall cade.

I thought we already had anti archer troops in rag a long time ago with multi shot archers and the aoe xbow that essentially stun lock the whole team in later waves
MP - Warden - Sentinel - Zwei - Legio - RG

Steam  Legendaries

Feel free to add on steam for trades.
Yes, the Ballistamen are deadly, Repeaters are also pretty risky to face carelessly. Maybe we just need them more in the mixed waves?
One trouble is that unlike in the old days, Nord ranged hold more distance now and they do not move forward, just stand there and wait. This change was made to make gameplay better however the result is that you find a cadeing spot that is not under enemy fire, you eliminate all enemy infantry and then move to position to eliminate the ranged. Therefore the wave is two-stage and ofc much easier.

Maybe let's get back to the old AI for Nord ranged, means they move forward until they have a target then stop and shoot?