Emails are disabled - for account issues, post in #help on the NI Discord.

Nord Invasion Community Feedback and Suggestions Thread 2017
Athletics needs to be adjusted across the classes, and nords need less.

Pike maxes out at 10, inf at 8, but my warden is only 8 as well? Archery should probably be the most mobile class since they have the lightest weapons. Their armor is also heavier than pikeman armor.

I still like my idea from the other thread, although it would be for NI 2 since it's a complete overhaul, but to level out craftables, store items, and legendaries someone and make them more cosmetic. Then the drops/craftables can be enhancements to those items like in native. Everything you buy/craft is a rusty/broken or whatever. then you have to either craft or loot upgrades. It saves on extra model "costs" (load time, download size, dev time) and spreads out the items for selling (I don't want a rusty Wormbane, I want a masterwork Wormbane). You could also have gear on a lower tier that's better than a higher tier without enhancements. If you really want to make it a gold/grind sink, only allow trading of the base item and have it wipe out the enhancements. Then you'd have to really want the item to get it. You could still sell your enhancement loot though. (That might be a bit harsh though)

Another idea is just go back to the base classes without all the tiers and stuff. Make all the stats build somewhat like in native -- Maybe your class dictates a multiplier for something. I.e. - archers get 2x experience for ranged. For inf, 2x experience for melee (maybe shield damage from nords could also grant xp for the shielders). Your characters should level because you earned it, not because you sat in a corner with better players. [Now note, this idea needs some work, because the old 2012 method was also a little hard, because you earned nothing if you didn't kill, so the best players concentrated xp and gold by running out or kiting. But there has to be some balance here to be found.] Maybe even just pull the stat system from native -- you get points to spend how you want. Weapon proficiency builds as you use it (and maybe cap it per level to keep it sane) -- then you at least have to actually kill things to get a good weapon usage. And maybe that's the balance -- lets the character stats like athletics build by tier/class, but leave the weapon proficiency to grow by use with the level caps (and they should be higher than they are now for the highest level).
House Thalheimer: Galen (Legionnaire), Wilhelm (Warden), Johann (Chosen Marksmen), Friedrich (Master Peltast) [Engineers]
Crafting: Blacksmith Max, Armorsmith Max, Alchemy Max, Support 22, Defender 14
NI House: The Order of Scarlet Blade Scarlet Knights
NI Banners - NI Banner Prototypes

Messages In This Thread
RE: Nord Invasion Community Feedback and Suggestions thread 2017 - by Galen_Thalheimer - 23-10-2017, 08:49 PM