Emails are disabled - for account issues, post in #help on the NI Discord.

The bad map issue
So recently I talked to a few people about the bad maps in the game and all agreed that it is just annoying to have so of them in the current rotation. Of course there must be a diversity in maps but they should at least be playable with a decent team. You can't expect every team to be experienced enough (and of course well equiped) to manage those bad maps that most of the time are even unplayable as a good team. The main problem about those maps though is that I often find a good run to end with everybody quitting the server and most likely the game because there is no good map around to play. This could be different if all maps were good enough to at least try them. I think this really limits the game experience because you could play all day long but right now you mostly can't. While you can play alone and kite everybody knows that kiting is kinda useless and team play is much more fun. Thus I would suggest removing or reworking most bad maps to make the map rotation more attractive and the game more fun. Some examples of bad maps are:
Swadian Mines
Swadian Castle
Lake Town
Port Assault (can be good)
Ancient Bastion
Fortress Under Siege
Graubergen
Hidden Farm
Hyper's Castle
Hyper's Hell
King's Reach
Mountain Pass
Nordic Fortess
River's Conflict
etc.

And there are many more. While not all of those maps are horribly bad most of them are never played and as I said this is only an example of maps. There are sadly only a few maps that are really played when it comes to hard and ragnarok mode. The main issues about those maps are there is either no good camping spot which causes us to wipe too fast or the slowness of the maps. No one wants to kill 25 ranged bots that are stuck somewhere one by one in every wave and no one wants to bring 4 shielders or 10 cades to block of the camping spot. I am not asking for a change that turns each of those maps into a shooting hall but I want those maps to be playable and played by the players because I think we are missing out on a great chance to make the mod more viable. I would love to hear your opinion on this. Feel free to agree or disagree but please leave a reason for your opinion so we can discuss about it properly.

Sincerely,
Jalau
Loots:
?.?.12 - Wormbane
4.6.18 - Penetrator

[Image: 76561198058198743.png]
Port assault bad map?!

Nuuuh!
Steam

I mastered the art of... looting nuffin'.

Agreed completely.
Quote Board is on Discord (last updated 2023.09.07)
"When I feel bad, I read your quote board." - Corndog

Tofu: People call Tricksters racist, yet we have the most Muslim members of any house.
PCK: If Islam is a religion of peace, and Tricksters have the most Muslims, then is House of Tricksters the house of peace?
Falankos: I always knew that we were the good guys.
Port assault is pretty good for small teams, but I get your point.
Hey ; - )

[Image: Geralt]
Agreed.
Gur

I feel like slow maps shouldn't really be classified as bad. Just because they don't give maximum efficiency doesn't mean the map's general design is bad, and most of the listed maps could probably be fixed with a few minor changes. I also agree that some other maps do need some more... major changes made to them. We're aware of the current state of maps and we have some ideas on how to solve the problem. Thanks.
if you have problem of the model variety send it to winter xen winter me winter me xen because it'll piss him off
(11-12-2017, 04:47 PM)Terath Wrote: I feel like slow maps shouldn't really be classified as bad. Just because they don't give maximum efficiency doesn't mean the map's general design is bad, and most of the listed maps could probably be fixed with a few minor changes. I also agree that some other maps do need some more... major changes made to them. We're aware of the current state of maps and we have some ideas on how to solve the problem. Thanks.

Yea I would agree that slow is not bad. But there is a difference between shooting hall and running out to kill each bot one by one because he is stuck behind an object of some kind. That is just annoying, will kill you often and it consumes time. I can see many maps being good without being too quick. It is just annoying as hell to drag those bots one by one. As I already said it will kill you most of the time because you should not run into them without any defence but it is nearly impossible to get them to you without getting very close to them. 
I am happy to hear though that you are aware of this and that changes will be made. Thank you for your reponse.

Okay, Port Assault can be a good map. As I said those were just some examples that I gathered randomly in my head. While some of them are not too bad they are still annoying compared to other maps.
Loots:
?.?.12 - Wormbane
4.6.18 - Penetrator

(11-12-2017, 04:47 PM)Terath Wrote: I feel like slow maps shouldn't really be classified as bad. Just because they don't give maximum efficiency doesn't mean the map's general design is bad, and most of the listed maps could probably be fixed with a few minor changes.

Maybe the thread title should be "The inefficient map issue." But I bet you read the thread title and accurately predicted the subject without needing to read the OP.
Quote Board is on Discord (last updated 2023.09.07)
"When I feel bad, I read your quote board." - Corndog

Tofu: People call Tricksters racist, yet we have the most Muslim members of any house.
PCK: If Islam is a religion of peace, and Tricksters have the most Muslims, then is House of Tricksters the house of peace?
Falankos: I always knew that we were the good guys.
I have noticed this behavior and already have started to work on these maps to make them better/playable.
I think most of you have already seen what maps we have changed in our map testing so here is a list of what we have already upgraded:
  • Ancient Bastion
  • Frosthaven
  • Graubergen
  • Hande's Retreat
  • Hiddan Farm
  • King's Reach ( Small update to base windows )
  • Lake Town 
  • Mountain Outpost
  • Offshore
  • Swadian City
  • Swadian Folly
  • Swadian Hamlet
  • Swadian Mines
  • Swadian Outskirts
  • The First Defence
  • Yalen Retreat
I'm planning to edit Swadian Castle and Port Assault next if I just get good idea for new layout.
So just wait for the next patch and we will see then if those maps are starting to get more popular.
(11-12-2017, 08:21 PM)Hande Wrote: I have noticed this behavior and already have started to work on these maps to make them better/playable.
I think most of you have already seen what maps we have changed in our map testing so here is a list of what we have already upgraded:
  • Ancient Bastion
  • Frosthaven
  • Graubergen
  • Hande's Retreat
  • Hiddan Farm
  • King's Reach ( Small update to base windows )
  • Lake Town 
  • Mountain Outpost
  • Offshore
  • Swadian City
  • Swadian Folly
  • Swadian Hamlet
  • Swadian Mines
  • Swadian Outskirts
  • The First Defence
  • Yalen Retreat
I'm planning to edit Swadian Castle and Port Assault next if I just get good idea for new layout.
So just wait for the next patch and we will see then if those maps are starting to get more popular.

This sounds very promising and I am excited to see whether the update will bring more popularity to those maps. Thank you for the information.
Loots:
?.?.12 - Wormbane
4.6.18 - Penetrator