Emails are disabled - for account issues, post in #help on the NI Discord.

Woody v Malong: The Great Calendar Debate
Good to see more legendaries in the game and good to see people that still play ni won.

Next time have all the rules up in the 1st post plz. I don't care if I cant come to the next event but it just looks like you made up rules to punish people that could not make it.
Sign up was 3-4 weeks ago... Not everyone knows what they are doing in even 1 weeks time. Especially at this time of year, you should not really count on anyone to mark this down as something that 100% needed to be done on that day.

If you said you have like 1-3 days to tell me before the event that you cant make it that would have been fine but ye just seems strange as for the past years that never happened with a normal event.

I know people will take this the wrong way all im saying is tell us in the post next time before you put rules on us that we had no idea that were in play.

|Steam| |Some Shop| |VLKA Recruitment| |Legendary Stats|Legendary Item Thread|                                                                                            
The one guy who said that they would not be able to show up is not on the list
I tend to think if you say you will come and then never post that you can't and never come it's hard for those hosting the events because they will wait 10-15 minutes for you not to show up

Plain events this might be fine but on this event it is a much bigger problem
(08-01-2018, 01:32 PM)Woody Wrote: Sign up was 3-4 weeks ago... Not everyone knows what they are doing in even 1 weeks time. Especially at this time of year, you should not really count on anyone to mark this down as something that 100% needed to be done on that day.

You signed up two weeks and one day prior to the start. And the event dates are in the OP.

(21-12-2017, 01:33 PM)Woody Wrote: Account Name: Woody

Categories: Make some people with good ping look bad sure. All.
Quote Board is on Discord (last updated 2023.09.07)
"When I feel bad, I read your quote board." - Corndog

Tofu: People call Tricksters racist, yet we have the most Muslim members of any house.
PCK: If Islam is a religion of peace, and Tricksters have the most Muslims, then is House of Tricksters the house of peace?
Falankos: I always knew that we were the good guys.
@Woody

You could´ve pmed Winter on the forum even during the event saying you couldn´t show up to the first categories and won´t be able to make it to the others as well.
(08-01-2018, 04:39 PM)Malong Wrote:
(08-01-2018, 01:32 PM)Woody Wrote: Sign up was 3-4 weeks ago... Not everyone knows what they are doing in even 1 weeks time. Especially at this time of year, you should not really count on anyone to mark this down as something that 100% needed to be done on that day.

You signed up two weeks and one day prior to the start. And the event dates are in the OP.

(21-12-2017, 01:33 PM)Woody Wrote: Account Name: Woody

Categories: Make some people with good ping look bad sure. All.

My problem was to do to the time of the events of you must know. Telstra my provider was having some problems in my area and still is as of thing I can't be fucked to talk about. Go au Internet! 

I was in game when I saw this so I just looked at my calendar and yes it is 4 weeks ago going from that. Not in 28 days but in lines of the calendar. Either way 15 days is once again not much time. I don't care if you ban me for life for the events I just think it's stupied not to clarify what's going to happen if you dont do something that in all honesty is about on the same LVL as saying please and thank you. Then again it even lower than that.

I was told by people that went to the event if some one was not there you waited... Why do that? If a race is on a date and more than 75% of the people turn up do you start with out them? Yea. Really I can't see how I have wasted more than 2mins of anyones time if the event was plained how I would of done it.

To add to the fact for me personally. On each event some one would of had my steam so would be able to say in 15sec if I was coming or not.
"I was told by people that went to the event if some one was not there you waited... Why do that? If a race is on a date and more than 75% of the people turn up do you start with out them? Yea. Really I can't see how I have wasted more than 2mins of anyones time if the event was plained how I would of done it"-Woody

Because we are nice people who get that you can't show up to the minute???

If you went though the whole post Winter made you would have seen this
"Throughout the tournament we had to sort through the people who missed their matches and, in some cases, remake the brackets completely due to a large portion of competitors not showing up. Although it is understandable to have real life responsibilities or other events come up, there were a few people who really stood out when we had to call their name at every event and receive no response. People who disrespected the time of others and signed up for everything but showed up to nothing will not be allowed entry into the next tournament:"

Basically the people who never showed or told Winter that they could not come made it a huge pain for him

Try reading the whole thing before you try to get him not to do it
(08-01-2018, 05:10 PM)Woody Wrote: Not everyone knows what they are doing in even 1 weeks time. Especially at this time of year, you should not really count on anyone to mark this down as something that 100% needed to be done on that day... My problem was to do to the time of the events of you must know. Telstra my provider was having some problems in my area and still is as of thing I can't be fucked to talk about. Go au Internet!

I combined some quotes here since they're related.

You wrote a post just hours before the start of the event, asking for countdowns. So maybe you didn't know your availability at the time you registered, but you seem to have intended to attend by virtue of posting on the first day of the event, and also asking for countdowns before each of the events.

You should have started out with this. Though it's convenient timing that you only now mention this, and people will now be skeptical without evidence. Did you lose connectivity shortly after that post? Yeah, maybe, but that's pretty convenient. You also wrote a post between the first and second days of the event, so even if you didn't have the chance to say you were going to miss the first day, you certainly had the chance to post that you couldn't attend the second nor third days. Maybe you want to say you lost internet right before the start of each of the days. How unlikely, unlucky, and convenient for that to happen on three consecutive days within the same window.

(08-01-2018, 05:10 PM)Woody Wrote: I was in game when I saw this so I just looked at my calendar and yes it is 4 weeks ago going from that. Not in 28 days but in lines of the calendar.

There's a lot of layers to this onion of combinatorics failure.

First, if it's 15 days (2 weeks and 1 day), the only such mathematical way for 15 days to span 4 weeks would be if 12/21 was the last day of a week, and 1/5 was the first day of a week. Since a calendar having Thursday being the last day of a week and Friday being the first day of a week is not customary, we're going to assume you counted incorrectly.

There is a backdoor out for you here though, you could claim that you don't know a week is made of 7 days. 15 days could span 4 weeks if a week was made of 4-6 days instead of 7. This doesn't seem good though.

Secondly, if you were indeed looking at a calendar and counting, you wouldn't have come up with a range, yet you typed "3-4 weeks ago." That phrasing implies "3 full weeks and part of a 4th week," which means 22-28 days, which is also certainly incorrect. But now you're saying you looked at the calendar and saw or counted to 4, and that's not correct either.

None of your outs here are any good.

Finally, obligatory: "get a better calendar" (or, in the far more likely scenario, "please count to 4 correctly"):

Tofu: People call Tricksters racist, yet we have the most Muslim members of any house.
PCK: If Islam is a religion of peace, and Tricksters have the most Muslims, then is House of Tricksters the house of peace?
(20-01-2018, 11:45 PM)Woody Wrote: Im not 100% sure what was amusing about someone that looked at a calendar then had a guess because it's late and I don't give a shit about the topic. (Some alcohol may have been involved)

The amusing part is this all could have been averted with something to the effect of "You're right, it was 15 days and not 3-4 weeks. But it is still difficult for people to know what they will be doing 15 days in advance, especially during the holiday season." Then people would understand your viewpoint more. Instead when given a chance to respond, you changed your story and seemingly tried to absolve yourself of responsibility:
  1. and blamed your ISP despite the fact that you posted hours before the event => "So maybe you didn't know your availability at the time you registered, but you seem to have intended to attend by virtue of posting on the first day of the event, and also asking for countdowns before each of the events."
  2. and tried to change "3-4 weeks" into "4 weeks ago...in lines of the calendar"
  3. and used the point 2 as a rationalization despite the fact that it's not even correct
  4. and are now trying to attribute alcohol
This just digs you into deeper holes, with worse ways to get out. When one of the methods to make your logic sound is pretending a week is made of fewer than seven days...it's amusingly hilarious (yes, I know this phrase is redundant).

(20-01-2018, 11:45 PM)Woody Wrote: But if needed I will make a pretty picture to show how my mind worked at that night

Pic coming soon

It's not needed. And in my opinion, humanity would be better served if people instead spent their time analyzing thought processes and modeling the behavior that leads to correct conclusions.

(21-01-2018, 05:16 AM)Malong Wrote:
(20-01-2018, 11:45 PM)Woody Wrote: Im not 100% sure what was amusing about someone that looked at a calendar then had a guess because it's late and I don't give a shit about the topic. (Some alcohol may have been involved)

The amusing part is this all could have been averted with something like "you're right, it was 15 days and not 3-4 weeks, but it is still difficult to know what I will be doing 15 days in advance especially during the holiday season." Then people would understand your viewpoint more. Instead when given a chance to respond, you changed your story and seemingly tried to absolve yourself of responsibility:

1. and blamed your ISP despite the fact that you posted hours before the event => "So maybe you didn't know your availability at the time you registered, but you seem to have intended to attend by virtue of posting on the first day of the event, and also asking for countdowns before each of the events."
  2. and tried to change "3-4 weeks" into "4 weeks ago...in lines of the calendar"
  3. and used the point 2 as a rationalization despite the fact that it's not even correct
  4. and are now trying to attribute alcohol
This just digs you into deeper holes, with worse ways to get out. When one of the methods to make your logic sound is pretending a week is made of fewer than seven days...it's amusingly hilarious (yes, I know this phrase is redundant).

(20-01-2018, 11:45 PM)Woody Wrote: But if needed I will make a pretty picture to show how my mind worked at that night

Pic coming soon

It's not needed. And in my opinion, humanity would be better served if people instead spent their time analyzing thought processes and modeling the behavior that leads to correct conclusions.

1st one is right to some constant for explaining why I did not go to the events for 1 of the day. The other 2 days I had to 1 fix the problem (Hope you can tell I'm lying here as the real problem is not something I would like to share with this community as it does not involve you its family related) So at the time being maybe drunk I wanted to explain it in a way that would be more relatable for every one here... a ISP as you will.

[Image: a72cd52bd5f494e89911cecb2ef8389d.png]

I did not use this calendar I used the windows 10 one that that has that "2-3" week as 2 different weeks as you cant see both months at once. Considering the point I was talking about did work just had the wrong number I think it could have landed at worse.

|Steam| |Some Shop| |VLKA Recruitment| |Legendary Stats|Legendary Item Thread|                                                                                            
(21-01-2018, 05:40 AM)Woody Wrote: 1st one is right to some constant for explaining why I did not go to the events for 1 of the day. The other 2 days I had to 1 fix the problem (Hope you can tell I'm lying here as the real problem is not something I would like to share with this community as it does not involve you its family related) So at the time being maybe drunk I wanted to explain it in a way that would be more relatable for every one here... a ISP as you will.

I did not use this calendar I used the windows 10 one that that has that "2-3" week as 2 different weeks as you cant see both months at once. Considering the point I was talking about did work just had the wrong number I think it could have landed at worse.

Holy... This is why I typed "humanity would be better served if people instead spent their time analyzing thought processes and modeling the behavior that leads to correct conclusions."
  1. Nice calendar of November 21 to December 7 instead of December 21 to January 5.
  2. About the change in end date of the range (my 1/5 to your 1/7), the relevance is based on time between your registration post (12/21) and the start of the event (1/5). Giving time elapsed to the end of the event makes no sense.
  3. Did it not strike you as odd that the days of the week did not line up with the previous post (Thursday, 12/21 to Friday, 1/5)?
  4. Did it not strike you as odd that the last day of "December" had 30 days in it?
  5. Did it not strike you as odd that both years of the months in the calendar screenshot say 2017 when this event was about the start of a new year?
  6. Do you really think the last day of a month ends a calendar week when it does not lie on a Saturday? Or the first day of a month is a different week from the previous day when it doesn't start on a Sunday?
This is also why I typed "This just digs you into deeper holes, with worse ways to get out."