Emails are disabled - for account issues, post in #help on the NI Discord.

rewarding healing
Hi there,
NI is a teamplay, where healing is neccessary on hard and rag and in addition for the fun of all who get healed. 

I would heal myself, but for usual I am needed as shielder or dealing damage.

In my opinion healing should be rewarded with assist exp for every healed HP.

On that way new players would be encouraged to heal and healer get a feedback that their heal is demanded. 

free to discuss

QQuasiModo
Hello,

As somebody who often heals I would love to get assist xp for it. You forgo the xp for kills and the quest kills. With the introduction of the 500k reward quests this is simply a big loss of gold. The same can be said for shielders but they have some chance to get the kill, as healer it is flatout 0% chance.

The one issue I see with this is that this could be potentially abused (say somebody has 2 accounts, kill all but the last 3 enemies and have the "tank"account take the damage while the other account heals ->infinite potential afk assist xp. )

This would ofcourse lead to a ban for the 2 accounts but it is an example of a potential issue with this change. Setting some kind of timer would resolve the issue already. (There is a timer keeping track of afk time of players, this could be slightly modified to stop abuse of this change).

All in all I would support this change.
SteamProfile
The idea itself is nice. It's just important like Leandero says, to avoid it to be abused.
(04-03-2017, 04:57 PM)Leandero Wrote: As somebody who often heals I would love to get assist xp for it. You forgo the xp for kills and the quest kills. With the introduction of the 500k reward quests this is simply a big loss of gold. The same can be said for shielders but they have some chance to get the kill, as healer it is flatout 0% chance.

The one issue I see with this is that this could be potentially abused (say somebody has 2 accounts, kill all but the last 3 enemies and have the "tank"account take the damage while the other account heals ->infinite potential afk assist xp. )

This would ofcourse lead to a ban for the 2 accounts but it is an example of a potential issue with this change. Setting some kind of timer would resolve the issue already. (There is a timer keeping track of afk time of players, this could be slightly modified to stop abuse of this change).

People always bring up this loophole neglecting the fact that it's a solved problem (and has been) for well over 10 years... Use a hash map to track of the quantity of damage from a given source, and depending on the source or its limit, it isn't eligible for bonuses. It really surprises me that people can't think of that obvious solution.
Quote Board is on Discord (last updated 2023.09.07)
"When I feel bad, I read your quote board." - Corndog

Tofu: People call Tricksters racist, yet we have the most Muslim members of any house.
PCK: If Islam is a religion of peace, and Tricksters have the most Muslims, then is House of Tricksters the house of peace?
Falankos: I always knew that we were the good guys.
(05-03-2017, 06:13 AM)Malong Wrote:
(04-03-2017, 04:57 PM)Leandero Wrote: As somebody who often heals I would love to get assist xp for it. You forgo the xp for kills and the quest kills. With the introduction of the 500k reward quests this is simply a big loss of gold. The same can be said for shielders but they have some chance to get the kill, as healer it is flatout 0% chance.

People always bring up this loophole neglecting the fact that it's a solved problem (and has been) for well over 10 years... Use a hash map to track of the quantity of damage from a given source, and depending on the source or its limit, it isn't eligible for bonuses. It really surprises me that people can't think of that obvious solution.

I think that depending of the ammount of enemies each wave there should be a limit to the healing exp that can be earned
What about beginner servers or first waves in normal? I just mean that some people take no damage, such as my RG in many waves, litteraly taking no damage. Could spam heal, auto heal while everyone is away etc..

There need to be specific situations for that and that's a lot of scripts.

Eventually, a solution could be to have a requirement of over 7 people on a server (public only), to enable a poll to accept someone as a healer having the majority (or over the majority looking at 60-100% not 50/51%) to accept it. But yet it shouldn't be enabled on house events, only in public servers (cav, normal, hard and rag). Then maybe a quest could be filled/enabled.

PS: and it could be also only enabled at certain waves. (Crushthrough and ranged ones for example), which eliminates the option of constantly healing and getting rewareded. (I am thinking about jotne waves, some boss waves, ballistas, siege engineers, valks, etc)

- LordChaos (Legionnaire):  Armorsmith
- Kingsguard (Royal Guard):Blacksmith
- Swadian_Hunter (Archer) Jobless
- The_Impaler (Pikeman): Achemist 
- House Crafting: Defender 

01/04/16: Nothing
(05-03-2017, 06:09 PM)LordChaos Wrote: Eventually, a solution could be to have a requirement of over 7 people on a server (public only), to enable a poll to accept someone as a healer having the majority (or over the majority looking at 60-100% not 50/51%) to accept it. But yet it shouldn't be enabled on house events, only in public servers (cav, normal, hard and rag). Then maybe a quest could be filled/enabled.

PS: and it could be also only enabled at certain waves. (Crushthrough and ranged ones for example), which eliminates the option of constantly healing and getting rewareded. (I am thinking about jotne waves, some boss waves, ballistas, siege engineers, valks, etc)

Eek.  Nothing that requires a poll will ever be done when deciding if someone can get a reward or not.  Additionally, I don't think we'd lock it to certain waves if it were implemented.  The less complexity the better.  I for one do not want several bug reports on a feature.
With the amount of rewarding assist exp you can control every abusing. An average Hero has about 75(?) HP.

If the Healer gets 1 assist exp for 10 HP healed, the Healer will have a valueable feetback, weather his service is demanded. Getting 2 Players with script, risking a ban everytime another players joines the server for a few hundred assist exp per hour is not effective.

I would propose 3 assist exp for 10 healed HP, which (i guess) would give a healer round about 2000 assist exp for a complete hard run. But since its hard to estimate the amount of healed HP, it would be best to start low and increase the amount.
You can just make the exp based on the amount you healed someone for. So if there is no one to heal, no exp. If you heal players you gain exp based on the amount of health you restored. This also means the more players there are the more exp you gain.
Loots:
?.?.12 - Wormbane
4.6.18 - Penetrator

[Image: 76561198058198743.png]
Bump as this is still relevant...

(05-03-2017, 06:13 AM)Malong Wrote:

Over 1 year late answer Tongue Not sure if NI engine supports a function like this. From what i've understood the engine isn't easy to work with on many fronts. But it most likely is solvable.
SteamProfile