Emails are disabled - for account issues, post in #help on the NI Discord.

WTS Lots of HM (90!) 2 Scales of Fafnir
(13-01-2013, 12:57 PM)ON_Alex link Wrote:but you know that you need like 100hm to craft the steel cutter?

THIS meaning you can buy almost 2 steel cutters with the mats needed for 1?
<19:51:48> Channel group "Member" was assigned to "Jack Sparrow" by "Maroon".
<19:51:49> Channel group "Member" was assigned to "Jack Sparrow" by "Fred".
@Alphaa - 2447329

@Alex - Not exactly an extremely popular or good weapon. Not much demand but a lot of supply makes for a cheaper than craft weapon.
Steam: http://steamcommunity.com/id/l3m/
Also on NI TS and IRC.
Commando: [Lemon]
Sniper: SK_LemonAde
Im not discussing price here but i think the steel cutter is getting an unfair review. the steel cutter is a very very good weapon and is very popular its just alot of people are selling them because they now have legendary 1 handers or wanted to try out one of the new ones.

it was the first weapon i got for my commando and would still be using it now if i didnt get a legendary drop Big Grin.

450-500k as some are selling for atm is insanly cheap  for this weapon and if i wer a new commando i would defo snap one up Big Grin
"Free searching, self perfecting" Ⓐ

Blacksmith 16 Armorsmith 19 alchemist 19
Quote:_Sternbraid link=topic=8815.msg73149#msg73149 date=1358086966]
Im not discussing price here but i think the steel cutter is getting an unfair review. the steel cutter is a very very good weapon and is very popular its just alot of people are selling them because they now have legendary 1 handers or wanted to try out one of the new ones.

it was the first weapon i got for my commando and would still be using it now if i didnt get a legendary drop Big Grin.

450-500k as some are selling for atm is insanly cheap  for this weapon and if i wer a new commando i would defo snap one up Big Grin
No doubt its a good item, but compared to Legendaries... yeah.

The other factor is how expensive it is to how much you gain. At least from the weapons spreadsheet. Steel Cutter: 105/89/46; Strange Sword: 108/96/40

So comparably you trade a little speed and length, and a LOT of money (400k is more) for an extra 6 damage. To most, that isn't worth it, especially when the jump from Marketplace Armor to Striped is slightly better in my opinion. A little over 10% increase in armor across the board, with the next jump being Trans. And most likely, the armor will do you a lot better than the Steel Cutter.

Then the next logical increase, into a Royal Shield, is probably the greatest increase in gear. By comparing SKS (1050*38 = 39900) versus Royal (1250*45=56250) you get an almost 1.4 ratio of Royal Shield over SKS (that is if it is Health*Resistance as I assume it is). There is also the factor where it is bigger than the SKS which I think makes it even more invaluable for shielders. For that, you're paying about 500k per 10% increase (but probably getting more as it is hard to quantify size into the factor).

So given all of this, the Steel Cutter is a solid weapon, but when you have better options to spend your gold, its hard to justify, especially as there are too many Steel Cutters in the game because the older players started dropping them for Legendary weapons. There is also the comparison against Legendary Weapons, which I don't even want to go into.
Also on NI TS and IRC.
Not going to say anything about the pricing.

Strange sword takes a hit because it is a bastard sword, if you use it 1hd it doesn't have those stats. You need to compare the cutter with the messer and the hope as they are items within its class. The messer is awesome in my opinion, I NEVER used a cutter I used my messer for a long time. As far as price to stats are concerned messer is much better but you need to take into account how warband modifiers work, and small increases can make a big difference.
(13-01-2013, 09:14 PM)Ragnash link Wrote:Not going to say anything about the pricing.

Strange sword takes a hit because it is a bastard sword, if you use it 1hd it doesn't have those stats. You need to compare the cutter with the messer and the hope as they are items within its class. The messer is awesome in my opinion, I NEVER used a cutter I used my messer for a long time. As far as price to stats are concerned messer is much better but you need to take into account how warband modifiers work, and small increases can make a big difference.
I do suppose that is true.
Compared with the Grosse Messer, there is still that wide gap pricing vs stats. Grosse Messer: 105/85/40, Steel Cutter: 105/89/46 and for good measure, Steel Sword: 99/110/42.
So the Gresse Messer and Steel Sword are significantly cheaper than the Steel Cutter. What you're mostly paying for is the extra 6 or 4 damage, which is significant given Warband Modifiers, but does not seem nearly as worthwhile as other things like improved armor or a Royal Shield.
But yeah, I don't think the Steel Cutter is that great of an item. Same thing but worse is happening for the Highlander Claymore. Strange Great Sword: 98/125/42 vs Highlander Claymore: 97/123/45. A three point damage increase for a whopping 500, almost 600k seems like a fairly inefficient choice of item. At least the Flamberge has that ludicrous range going for it.
Also on NI TS and IRC.
HMMM if your looking for value then look no further than the market place lol. The way NI is set up is that you pay alot more for top end items why because this game is about gear . as both of you have pointed out cheap options are very effective take striped vs trans really all your paying 3 mil for is 2 extra body armor No value for money there but your still gonna get it if you can Big Grin. as for legendarys there you have an even bigger "value for money" gap but this game isnt about value for money now is it ?.

Like most games NI is about gear not just because of those few extra stats but because you want it . the reason people kill wave after wave of nords to the point of total boredom is because they want the best gear or atleast the best gear they can get.

lemon you are trying to make cash to buy????????? exactly to buy better gear than you have  if your really after value then there is no point trying to buy and sell to get better items the gear you have right now on your commando is " sufficient "
but you like everyone else wants shiny shit to stand and look good in Big Grin

taking all that into account 400k for a few extra stats and a bit more status is worth it Big Grin

Quote:_Sternbraid link=topic=8815.msg73240#msg73240 date=1358114151]
HMMM if your looking for value then look no further than the market place lol. The way NI is set up is that you pay alot more for top end items why because this game is about gear . as both of you have pointed out cheap options are very effective take striped vs trans really all your paying 3 mil for is 2 extra body armor No value for money there but your still gonna get it if you can Big Grin. as for legendarys there you have an even bigger "value for money" gap but this game isnt about value for money now is it ?.

Like most games NI is about gear not just because of those few extra stats but because you want it . the reason people kill wave after wave of nords to the point of total boredom is because they want the best gear or atleast the best gear they can get.

lemon you are trying to make cash to buy????????? exactly to buy better gear than you have  if your really after value then there is no point trying to buy and sell to get better items the gear you have right now on your commando is " sufficient "
but you like everyone else wants shiny shit to stand and look good in Big Grin

taking all that into account 400k for a few extra stats and a bit more status is worth it Big Grin
The other thing about Trans is it looks really really good in game. Although its value may drop given the new house crafting items.

The other thing I am looking at is that I am aiming for a Royal Shield (which in my book is a huge value for money), before aiming for Steel Cutter.

Also, if we're talking about status, I don't think that anybody has ever been "OMG A STEEL CUTTER! How badass!" Royal Shield definitely holds more shiny-ness and stats and status all around Tongue And comparably, the value of it shows.
Also on NI TS and IRC.
Im not gonna disagree that royal holds more status than steel cutter, but still steel cutter holds more status than messer for sure and has better stats.

oh and i wasnt telling you to get it i was saying to any new commando that the price it is going for atm is damn good value in my book Big Grin as i felt it was getting a bit of a hard time from you .

Quote:_Sternbraid link=topic=8815.msg73249#msg73249 date=1358115527]
Im not gonna disagree that royal holds more status than steel cutter, but still steel cutter holds more status than messer for sure and has better stats.

oh and i wasnt telling you to get it i was saying to any new commando that the price it is going for atm is damn good value in my book Big Grin as i felt it was getting a bit of a hard time from you .
Decent value, and damn right, if I'm going to spend that much money (to me) its going to get a hard time Tongue Probably half decent value right now. I would argue that it would go lower until it hit its true value of like, 400k? Then people might start buying them as a somewhat upgrade to the Grosse Messer.
Also on NI TS and IRC.