Emails are disabled - for account issues, post in #help on the NI Discord.

Respect for other people and their enjoyment of the game.
(21-02-2018, 11:28 PM)Spirit Wrote:      Your position here is a huge fallacy.  If the discussion were a simple correction, then there would have been the correction and we would have all moved on, no big deal.  But when you spend the next hour or more insisting that the person you corrected admit they were wrong then you have moved well beyond a simple correction.  That is where your argument is fallacious.  It sounds nice and you used lots of big words, but it is still a fallacy.

Friendly and playful banter on servers is both fun and entertaining as you have stated. But the "banter" or "discussion" last night was anything but friendly or entertaining.  You may think it was from your perspective, but whether you agree or even care, it was certainly not pleasant from my perspective.  And in regards to only myself and one other who actually witnessed the event remarking on it and providing evidence that it was in fact unpleasant for us, I have this to say.  Given the people involved and their personalities, I suspect that others are remaining silent so as not to invoke retribution in some form or another, such as getting flamed in threads or not invited to runs.

And no, I don't regret the thread.  My only regret is that there are people in the world who care only for themselves and lack the ability admit their errors, learn from them, and improve themselves.  Consider this my correction to you.  I hope you find it entertaining and perhaps learn something from it.. but somehow I doubt it.

You are being a little vague, and potentially reading past the lines. Maybe point out specifically which aspect or statement is fallacious. Given my comment was fairly objective, and was directed more on general speech over a specific event, I struggle to see how someone could have a flawed argument in something they did not argue about. In the end I reached no conclusion, it was only a basis for further development, if people wanted to get somewhere.

It appears that you are grouping those who were active in the discussion, even though it may require two distinct solutions to appeal to specific inner groupings. I feel that it is more equivalent to the old couple having a questionable discussion, and another group of loud, aggressive drunks join their table. As I said, there are more factors, and the root of the irritation may come from subjectivity. Perhaps it would still be annoying to listen to an objective discussion, but until you have a feel for an atmosphere without subjectivity, it is of little use. If you are skeptical, consider which is more annoying to see in chat:
Person A: 'equal to' is not equivalent to 'a subset of'
Person B: you are so stupid, how do you live with yourself?

At this stage this thread is only a request to the public, so if you wish to get anywhere, it might be worthwhile distinguishing between the two. From an admin perspective, mild spam may be a factor, yet aggressive comments should possibly be prioritised.

Regarding my statement on regret, I was referring to personal regret for replying on this thread, as I now have to follow it up with another reply (this one). You were right, I do not consider that to be a mistake and have little to learn from it. You may also notice that I do not dwell on your misunderstanding, unless you wish to address it further.
[Image: b8ecae23634dacfd46af0f9d4412ff1d.png]

Messages In This Thread
RE: Respect for other people and their enjoyment of the game. - by TerrorBite - 22-02-2018, 03:09 AM