Emails are disabled - for account issues, post in #help on the NI Discord.

Weak armor for top-tier Infantry
Hello.

First off, many will probably disagree but moving on...

I think the infantry armor is too weak especially the top-tier gear.

E.g. in normal game mode on early rounds you can die from a few sword slashes.
In my own opinion Swadian Recruit armor and an infantry with top-tier gear aren't far apart from how much hits they can take.

Arrows and Bolts have sufficient damage (as they in real-life penetrate armor) and should not be greatly changed.

Axes and Swords are very powerful against a full top-tier armored infantry.

Clubs are moderately powerful and Pikes should not be greatly changed.

As maybe Ragnarok is getting an upgrade (and maybe other game-modes), I thought this might also be worth looking into.

And I think this could benefit a more active battlefield where infantry could hold positions in a true medieval manner.
Further to complete everything I think the amount of Nords should also be increased a bit (many do indeed complain it's too easy and ordinary).*

I will leave this link here as why I think it's overall worth looking into: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9WmVXjPhGgU

Update: As of update 1.9.0 top-tier infantry did get a slight increase in armor overall, due to this I'm hereby closing this thread.
I think rag mode should go back to 18 rounds instead of 15 but that's just my opinion, i came back to play NI and i noticed it was far easier than it used to, then i watched my youtube videos, and thats when i noticed there used to be 18 rounds instead of 15
[Image: siivDCv.jpg?1]
December 20th, 2015 Impervious
February 8th, 2018 Gothic gauntlets
December 20th, 2019 Fang of Fenrir
(22-02-2018, 09:16 PM)Nopanda Wrote: I think rag mode should go back to 18 20 rounds instead of 15 but that's just my opinion, i came back to play NI and i noticed it was far easier than it used to, then i watched my youtube videos, and thats when i noticed there used to be 18 20 rounds instead of 15

Ftfy
(22-02-2018, 09:24 PM)Winter Wrote:
(22-02-2018, 09:16 PM)Nopanda Wrote: I think rag mode should go back to 18 20 rounds instead of 15 but that's just my opinion, i came back to play NI and i noticed it was far easier than it used to, then i watched my youtube videos, and thats when i noticed there used to be 18 20 rounds instead of 15

Ftfy

20's even better
[Image: siivDCv.jpg?1]
December 20th, 2015 Impervious
February 8th, 2018 Gothic gauntlets
December 20th, 2019 Fang of Fenrir
(22-02-2018, 09:27 PM)Nopanda Wrote:
(22-02-2018, 09:24 PM)Winter Wrote:

Ftfy

20's even better

I know a guy who rolls 20s
Hey ; - )

[Image: Geralt]
On topic... I'd say top-tier inf armor is pretty op, at least it's how I feel in Heraldic Plate + Noble Steel Gaunts. You can always get headshoted but except that only the bosses can 1-hit kill you. I think it wouldn't be nice to be armored so heavily that you wouldn't have to worry about getting hit. The game would get boring should it not be challenging.
(22-02-2018, 09:55 PM)Bobo Wrote: On topic... I'd say top-tier inf armor is pretty op, at least it's how I feel in Heraldic Plate + Noble Steel Gaunts. You can always get headshoted but except that only the bosses can 1-hit kill you. I think it wouldn't be nice to be armored so heavily that you wouldn't have to worry about getting hit. The game would get boring should it not be challenging.

Indeed, there is a fine thread between too much.

The idea is not as you shouldn't be worried about getting hit, but according to the time one might spend to work against these items I feel the top-tier for infantry could use a slight boost.