Emails are disabled - for account issues, post in #help on the NI Discord.

Map voting.
This is just a small thing that came to mind lately, i have never seen the options for maps or anything of the like when changing maps on the servers as it seem to pick maps either randomly or through a rotation of sort.

Granted, i dont know the mechanics or if its impossible to implement due to Warbands technicallity. What i had in mind was the option to vote for maps after you have either succeded or wiped, in a similar vein to skipping prep-time.

The obvious fault of this would be that some maps would be neglected by players altogether and some would be made overused as they would be the "easiest" to play.

If you agree or disagree please elaborate as to why. What do you Think?
"Warriors of the World" x2 Ragnar x1 Prince 1x Loki
My fear is that the same maps will be played over and over again.
(12-04-2018, 04:55 PM)Kaasovic Wrote: My fear is that the same maps will be played over and over again.

Agreed. Although, not sure it is much better to have players reset maps, join a different server or not play at all if they can't find the map they want.

In an ideal setting with maps that everybody at least tolerates, I'd love to have map voting. But, with the way maps are right now, I don't think it's such a good idea, personally.
if you have problem of the model variety send it to winter xen winter me winter me xen because it'll piss him off
Although this seems very possible as i'm sure staff can change the map with commands, I am with Kaasovic here whereas the same maps may be played over and over.

But a penalty could be implemented here to save that happening.

After playing a map, said map cannot be voted untill another 2-3 maps have been played?

Yet a "Random map" Vote could have a small chance of allowing the same map.

This idea would allow alot of maps that are barely played more playtime, as well as more consistent runs instead of you'r whole team leaving to find another map.
Loot:

Aurora Blade 23.03.2019
Volundr Greatsword 12/11/2020

Official event times (Praven):

<19:50:13> "Faravin": Normal -9:17
<20:07:55> "Faravin": Hard -15:55

[Image: 2pcM1nK.png]

(12-04-2018, 05:00 PM)Kura Wrote: [...]
After playing a map, said map cannot be voted untill another 2-3 maps have been played?

Yet a "Random map" Vote could have  a small chance of allowing the same map.
[...]

I think someone suggested once to have an option to have 5 maps + a random map button to pick from.
I don't think we should have a list where any map can be selected. People could just hop on the next server if they run out of favorite maps.
If you could pick from a group of 3-5 maps at a time and that 3-5 changes from map to map that would be good. So this way you can't play maps over and over again like you are saying.

Also will help the au problem of having the same map every day...

|Steam| |Some Shop| |VLKA Recruitment| |Legendary Stats|Legendary Item Thread|                                                                                            
I didn't mean Put every map up for vote, just like GTA V and many other Multiplayer games, they would have a handful of chosen maps you can select for vote as well as a Random map Vote.

It wouldn't be the case of having every map up for vote.

EDIT: Random maps would be selected by the system to voted for as well as a Lucky Dip.
Loot:

Aurora Blade 23.03.2019
Volundr Greatsword 12/11/2020

Official event times (Praven):

<19:50:13> "Faravin": Normal -9:17
<20:07:55> "Faravin": Hard -15:55

[Image: 2pcM1nK.png]

(12-04-2018, 04:55 PM)Kaasovic Wrote: My fear is that the same maps will be played over and over again.

Exactly why I oppose this idea. Every hard or ragnarok run is going to turn into an event, same map again and again. It would be really boring. In addition some unpopular maps like Caravan Ambush(one of my favourites) will never have chance with that system.
Less talking, more raiding!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HYBHptwwOdU
With the current system there are about half the maps that are in being played
If you where to change it as suggested I would see 3 maps being played all day every day
And not much else
(12-04-2018, 05:31 PM)Swaliant Wrote:

Exactly why I oppose this idea. Every hard or ragnarok run is going to turn into an event, same map again and again. It would be really boring. In addition some unpopular maps like Caravan Ambush(one of my favourites) will never have chance with that system.

Or how about make all maps playable instead of always destroying the good maps and make bad maps good. 
Nobody likes to play Caravan Ambush because it just takes ages, I can't remember to ever saw a rag run having sucess on this map, the people just change the map or change the server or stop playing so the map vote would change nothing at the point that nobody plays maps like Caravan Ambush.
Thunder Pike  ~ 11.08.2016
Onyx Bolts      ~ 03.09.2016
Phoenix Shield ~ 09.07.2019
Excalibur         ~ 15.07.2019
Steam: Horror