Emails are disabled - for account issues, post in #help on the NI Discord.

Rebalance Crafting
I'm not sure about the other crafting skills, but for armorsmith, there's only a couple of things you can craft without taking thousands or tens of thousands of gold in net losses.

-Tier 1 is fine.
-Tier 2 - Swadian Recruit Armor is about 3400 in crafting materials and sells for about 400. 3000 gold is a huge net loss for someone that low level.
-Tier 3 - Leather Gloves is about 3300 in crafting materials and sells for about 600. 2700 is also a big loss to someone this low level. I don't believe Deployable Shield is currently working so I'll leave that one out.
-Tier 4 (Leather) is fine.
-Tier 5 - Leather Jerkin is about 16000 in crafting materials. Not sure what it sells for, but probably about 2000-3000.
-Tier 6 - Foreign Cap is about 16500 in crafting materials. Again, not sure what it sells for, but I don't think very much.
-Tier 7 - Foreign Boots is about 13000 in crafting materials. Don't know what it sells for, but I don't think anywhere near there.
-Tier 8 (Woven Steel) is fine
-Tier 9 - Exotic Boots is about 29000 in crafting materials. Definitely doesn't sell for anywhere near there.
-Tier 10 (Heraldic Mail) is fine.
-Tier 11 - Exotic Helm costs about 21000, doesn't sell anywhere near there.
-Tier 12 - Exotic Armor costs about 47000 and doesn't sell anywhere near there.
-Tier 14 - Open Trooper Helm costs about 320000 and doesn't sell.
-Tier 15 (Banded Mail) is fine.

So right now there's really only 5 tiers you can actually craft without losing enormous amounts of gold. Of course, increasing a crafting skill should have costs. It shouldn't be easy to do it. That's not the problem here though because you can just stick with crafting the 5 tiers where you don't lose a lot of money. The problem is that the rest of the tiers are worthless and nobody ever crafts them. I think those other tiers need to be rebalanced either in terms of the stats that the items provide, a decrease in materials required to craft them, or an increase in experience granted from crafting them. Something to make them more worthwhile.

I have no idea about the other crafting skills, but I'd assume they face some of the same issues.
In my opinion, crafting mats should cost in between 100-200. If you go by those prices,  how much does it cost? Also, if you don't want to spend a ton of cash on crafting materials, get them yourself.
Don't say ANYTHING.
What, do you expect a speech?
(10-01-2012, 02:27 AM)Annoying_Archer link Wrote: In my opinion, crafting mats should cost in between 100-200.

There is a very wide range of crafting mats from a Crooked Stick to Woven Steel. Not sure which crafting mats you're referring to.

(10-01-2012, 02:27 AM)Annoying_Archer link Wrote: Also, if you don't want to spend a ton of cash on crafting materials, get them yourself.

Perhaps I didn't make my point clearly. What I was trying to say is that most of the tiers are useless. As in nobody will ever use them. There's really only 5 tiers that anyone will use. What I'm saying is to make more of the tiers useful.
Why not making different custom armours in the game? like every ier you can craft a whole set of parts of a spcific item category for example, heraldic armour, heraldic boots heraldic gauntlets etc etc.

Making a whole set craftable ould help you alot and maybe we need better AH prices but that comes out by how much people are getting money them selfs, it works like goverments.

The goverments take taxes and give the same amount money to the population in buildings and hospital resources and maintaning the cities. So the goverments need some profit at last and not ending like greece bankrupt like hell(No offence to them obviously).

So in economy is that if evryone is crafting and not much selling that means higher prices if evyone selling in AH its possible that people automatically lower the prices from time to time.
So just work for the materials your self, if u find it better at selling direct mats just sell them, if not do some crafting for later stages i guess.

Im not a pro in this mod but its common sense i guess..
I read through that a few times and couldn't really figure out what you're saying. Are you saying they should add full armor sets to armorsmith?

Edit: Oh I think I got what you said. You're saying that people are crafting too much and not enough people are selling crafting materials? So the demand for crafting materials is high while the supply is low? That may be the case, but I still think the amount of materials needed to craft the items are off. For example, crafting Exotic Boots requires almost the same materials as Heraldic Mail, but it will not sell anywhere near that price.
Crafting and economy are inherently broken. That is my personal opinion.

Reasoning is very simple.

1. Items produced by crafting must be price-comparable to items sold on "state market" (given similar stats, which is usually the case).
2. With current prices for resources this is absolutely impossible.
3. Reducing resource usage will overflood the market with hundreds of produced goods, for which there's simply not enough demand.
4. Making resources cheaper means they must drop more often - with the same result.

My suggestion would be to follow solution (3) or (4) AND implement an entire new class of craftable expendable goods (whatever those might be - ammo, repair and medic kits, food, forage, et cetera). Without expendables game economy is pretty much doomed in the long run, as any item that was ever produced is going to stay in the game.
Quote:My Little Personal Scripting Workshop (Companions Overseer presentation; Better Trade Goods, Better Civilians and Siege Camp Icon mini-mods; Scene Prop Iterator and AgentFinder script libraries).
(10-01-2012, 02:35 AM)kevindrosario link Wrote: [quote author=Annoying_Archer link=topic=821.msg7268#msg7268 date=1326162447]
In my opinion, crafting mats should cost in between 100-200.

There is a very wide range of crafting mats from a Crooked Stick to Woven Steel. Not sure which crafting mats you're referring to.

(10-01-2012, 02:27 AM)Annoying_Archer link Wrote: Also, if you don't want to spend a ton of cash on crafting materials, get them yourself.

Perhaps I didn't make my point clearly. What I was trying to say is that most of the tiers are useless. As in nobody will ever use them. There's really only 5 tiers that anyone will use. What I'm saying is to make more of the tiers useful.
[/quote]
The most common crafting materials. Something they could do is make players run the game; have it so they make the gear themselves, and raise the regular market prices. That way people who make the items can give the other players a better deal, making it more likely for them to earn back the cash they spent.
Don't say ANYTHING.
What, do you expect a speech?
I think heraldic mail alone crippled the market. Heraldic mail takes 3 woven steel, which means 3 steel, 9 leather (45 cloth). With steel prices dropping (more coal is being found), the steel portion of the cost is 6000-9000. Heraldic mail sells TO MARKETPLACE for 26,343, leaving 17,000-20,000 for leather. If you get steel cheap, and leather for 2,000 (cloth 400 x 5), then leather is altogether 18,000 per armor. 18,000 leather + 6,000 steel = 24,000 cost of production, meaning a 2,000 denar profit and a lot of xp as well. Thus, people started buying all the cloth to make a profit, and now cloth costs way too much. Other people who need cloth are in a bad position because the only way to make money is to use it for heraldic mail. If heraldic mail sold for less, cloth would stop selling and the prices would go down after a while, making lower level crafting products more feasible.