Emails are disabled - for account issues, post in #help on the NI Discord.

Are archer runs a better bet than infantry?
I was playing the other day and i entered a server wich had only archers classes in them. Considering the fact that i was the only true infantry class there (Zwei) i jokingly asked them " Makes me wonder why people bother to go INF" to wich someone replied with "You dont, you only need cades".

I thought it was an interesting concept in of it self, would an Archer run be more efficient than a full or mixed infantry run? Can infantry be made totally obsolete by simply cading properly?

Whats your thoughts?

Attached Files
.jpg   20180416181243_1.jpg (Size: 443.79 KB / Downloads: 45)
.jpg   20180416181256_1.jpg (Size: 367.72 KB / Downloads: 34)
.jpg   20180416180631_1.jpg (Size: 411.51 KB / Downloads: 33)
"Warriors of the World" x2 Ragnar x1 Prince 1x Loki
Every hero can do a run with just that hero.

It would come down to ranged having a lagrer area of attacking power vs inf having lots of armor and other things.

It's like how ranged feel useless on beginner/normal/start of hard but not much people talk about that. Inf just has a skill set not made for ranged there is no problem with this as it excels at what the class is for. Not being ranged.

|Steam| |Some Shop| |VLKA Recruitment| |Legendary Stats|Legendary Item Thread|                                                                                            
I think it depends on the map, team size, and the diffulty. If you have a small team on a map that you can cade well on I think you can do good with only range. If you are on Rag with a full team you need to have a shielder at least and hopefully 1 or 2 slashers to body block.

I think many people tend to favor maps with good cading and ranged position which leave playing as infantry a little frustrating at times since if cading was not done with infantry in mind, you can not do much. This is not me saying everyone prefers this, this is me saying this is what I have noticed while playing. I am guessing this is the kind of run and map you joined.

Other people prefer a map that has a good combination for infantry and ranged. These personally are my favorite kinds of maps since sometimes I am in the mood to play infantry and others I like playing a ranged class.

Long answer to say I think it all depends on the map, team size, and difficulty.
Yes, I'm Floofy.

I hope all is well, and if not try to have a positive attitude because it helps.  Thank you and have a great day!
That is what many ppl complain about. Lots of cades and ranged units spamming projectiles while infantry can only heal or watch.
I'd say t is boring not only for inf, because how long can you just spam arrows, anyway? Smart infantry is always useful, it is a very safe way to play kill enemy inf at the cade but things get bit complicated when ranged must advance against enemy ranged. It is best to do so with some infantry in front drawing enemies' attention. In addition, the shields can be repaired while the cades cannot so it pretty much depends on how many cades the team has.

I can remember there was xbows only event made, perhaps an infantry only event could be made someday?
(17-04-2018, 04:41 AM)Bobo Wrote: I can remember there was xbows only event made, perhaps an infantry only event could be made someday?

The last one with infantry only was not that long ago, 9th February. Was interesting, even tho we had high-end stuff, we were struggling quite alot, that was the funniest thing about it Tongue

It was melee only event even, so no throwing for legionnaires.
TH_Blade - Master Peltast
TH_Blade_III - Chosen Marksman
TH_Blade_IV - Royal Guard
TH_Kenshin - Zweihander
TH_Sirzechs - Sentinel
TH_Anahera - Aventurier
TH_Rikudou_Sennin - Halberdier

A random person: "We should resurrect Hitler with a tome and send him to Syria to defeat the IS"
With archers there is a problem in NI. Their image too popularized, and they nothing not differ from each other as other classes. Dressed all the same. This is the most unattractive and uninteresting class. Assassin with a bow - that's the gist of it. And I don't know why, but archers have the same one-handed and two-handed weapons and can even slash instead of infantry. And I wouldn't mind if it wasn't for Power Strike = 8. So Zweihander can the server not even to go
Loot:
Fiendish bow 17
Excalibur 18
Defender Armour 18
Eastern Full Scale 18
Glory 19
Dead Shot 19
Leather Overmail 19
Gloves of Vidar 20
Twigs of Iggdrasil 20
Shop
Steam
Bannerlord is a drunkard's bottle fight
(17-04-2018, 06:42 AM)RWithngseunArcherear_Ken Wrote: With archers there is a problem in NI. Their image too popularized, and they nothing not differ from each other as other classes. Dressed all the same. This is the most unattractive and uninteresting class. Assassin with a bow - that's the gist of it. And I don't know why, but archers have the same one-handed and two-handed weapons and can even slash instead of infantry. And I wouldn't mind if it wasn't for Power Strike = 8. So Zweihander can the server not even to go

Of course archers look all the same cause There are only 3 armour for archer. Archers aint uninteresting. Of course it is boring to shoot in the crowd without aiming
Trading heavy sallet

Achilles: 
u are an admin right?

Jugg: 
Ye

Achilles:
Gimme admin rights and 3 bent sword

Jugg:
I mean i could give you the password but you get a permanent ban thats unappealable

Achilles:
You got the bent sword?

Jugg:
Ye

(17-04-2018, 07:19 AM)Lord_Nigeria Wrote:
(17-04-2018, 06:42 AM)RWithngseunArcherear_Ken Wrote: With archers there is a problem in NI. Their image too popularized, and they nothing not differ from each other as other classes. Dressed all the same. This is the most unattractive and uninteresting class. Assassin with a bow - that's the gist of it. And I don't know why, but archers have the same one-handed and two-handed weapons and can even slash instead of infantry. And I wouldn't mind if it wasn't for Power Strike = 8. So Zweihander can the server not even to go

Of course archers look all the same cause There are only 3 armour for archer. Archers aint uninteresting. Of course it is boring to shoot in the crowd without aiming

There are more armours: Royal Sniper, Tracker, Heavy Bear, Bear, Leviathans Guard, Gilded Bear Armour, Swadian Heavy Mail, Swadian Surcoat Overmail + the marketplace armours.
Thunder Pike  ~ 11.08.2016
Onyx Bolts      ~ 03.09.2016
Phoenix Shield ~ 09.07.2019
Excalibur         ~ 15.07.2019
Steam: Horror    
(17-04-2018, 04:16 AM)oracolus Wrote: I was playing the other day and i entered a server wich had only archers classes in them. Considering the fact that i was the only true infantry class there (Zwei) i jokingly asked them " Makes me wonder why people bother to go INF" to wich someone replied with "You dont, you only need cades".

I thought it was an interesting concept in of it self, would an Archer run be more efficient than a full or mixed infantry run? Can infantry be made totally obsolete by simply cading properly?

Whats your thoughts?

As I have said before this type of run is what kills the Infantry class
It has nothing to do with the devs buffing or nerfing bots and gear

I will also note that as far as Infantry being useless goes I guess speeding up the run by like 5 minutes by cornering the boss is worth nothing
Also if by cading properly you mean cading so the bots barely do anything to cades then yes they can
(17-04-2018, 04:41 AM)Bobo Wrote: I can remember there was xbows only event made, perhaps an infantry only event could be made someday?

Some day six months ago and two months ago. You would know if you played the game, wink wink.
Quote Board is on Discord (last updated 2023.09.07)
"When I feel bad, I read your quote board." - Corndog

Tofu: People call Tricksters racist, yet we have the most Muslim members of any house.
PCK: If Islam is a religion of peace, and Tricksters have the most Muslims, then is House of Tricksters the house of peace?
Falankos: I always knew that we were the good guys.