Emails are disabled - for account issues, post in #help on the NI Discord.

Barrel politics
Ohhhh noes we killed Odin/Thor again >.< ,  I hate to see this and it's now every bloody time I get there Sad no beef with barrels as they can be used to very good effect when playing as a group in communication.

I just hate the unnamed Heros who spawn on last spawn and completely take over a game placing 1000 barrels and blowing them like it bonfire nite and then calling you an ass for asking if we can give it a shot without.

I have created this thread to establish what the rules are on blowing a barrel early to stop the insta takeover that happens , an to see if ill be permanent Banned if I did it as I know most barrel owners are top dogs in the game and wouldn't even flinch at banning me Smile

Thanks for reading
DB_Felch - lvl 51
DB_Carbon - lvl 52 - marauder
(23-01-2013, 03:21 PM)Felch link Wrote: Ohhhh noes we killed Odin/Thor again >.< ,  I hate to see this and it's now every bloody time I get there Sad no beef with barrels as they can be used to very good effect when playing as a group in communication.

I just hate the unnamed Heros who spawn on last spawn and completely take over a game placing 1000 barrels and blowing them like it bonfire nite and then calling you an ass for asking if we can give it a shot without.

I have created this thread to establish what the rules are on blowing a barrel early to stop the insta takeover that happens , an to see if ill be permanent Banned if I did it as I know most barrel owners are top dogs in the game and wouldn't even flinch at banning me Smile

Thanks for reading

I have a feeling I am one of these people you are talking about. Though I have often been in situations where I have been in IRC or asked on Steam to join a server on wave 16 because my barrel is needed. Using a barrel on wave 20 is a very effective tactic and a large portion of the playerbase accepts the risk of killing Odin with it ~10% of the time for how easy it makes the wave to pass. I can understand the frustration watching someone come into a server and blow away your chance of a drop, sadly the reality of the situation is without using glitched stair cades, the chances of successfully passing the wave without is quite low. Yet again, I can understand a lot of people are willing to try.

As to the taking over comment, experienced players often take on a leadership role when they join a server and the team isn't functioning as effectively as it could be. This is for everyone's benefit and isn't meant to offend.

Now to the rules on it, well. First of all, you won't get permanently banned if you blow up an admins toy. This does not mean you should go around blowing them up to stop them being used. Generally when it comes to deployables/health boxes/tomes it is up to the owner to use them unless otherwise specified. It is their item, they should have a say in how it is used. If you are deliberately using all deployable items at times that are detrimental to the team's success then you will likely be asked to stop and if you continue you will be reported/kicked.

I personally used to ask a lot more before I used my barrel in servers, whether people had a problem using it or not. I admit I don't do it as often as I should as when I join a server, if I see around 50% of the people I know have no problem with it, I just use it without asking. Not using it at all in the game is just unfair on the player who spent so much time and money constructing it, and is a resource the team can and should take advantage of. The developers put it in the game to be used, not to be dropped and let despawn or blown up to kill no bots.

Anyway, I hope that cleared some things up for you.
(23-01-2013, 05:58 PM)Ragnash link Wrote: [quote author=Felch link=topic=9229.msg75496#msg75496 date=1358954501]
Ohhhh noes we killed Odin/Thor again >.< ,  I hate to see this and it's now every bloody time I get there Sad no beef with barrels as they can be used to very good effect when playing as a group in communication.

Thanks for reading

I have a feeling I am one of these people you are talking about. Though I have often been in situations where I have been in IRC or asked on Steam to join a server on wave 16 because my barrel is needed. Using a barrel on wave 20 is a very effective tactic and a large portion of the playerbase accepts the risk of killing Odin with it ~10% of the time for how easy it makes the wave to pass. I can understand the frustration watching someone come into a server and blow away your chance of a drop, sadly the reality of the situation is without using glitched stair cades, the chances of successfully passing the wave without is quite low. Yet again, I can understand a lot of people are willing to try.

As to the taking over comment, experienced players often take on a leadership role when they join a server and the team isn't functioning as effectively as it could be. This is for everyone's benefit and isn't meant to offend.

Now to the rules on it, well. First of all, you won't get permanently banned if you blow up an admins toy. This does not mean you should go around blowing them up to stop them being used. Generally when it comes to deployables/health boxes/tomes it is up to the owner to use them unless otherwise specified. It is their item, they should have a say in how it is used. If you are deliberately using all deployable items at times that are detrimental to the team's success then you will likely be asked to stop and if you continue you will be reported/kicked.

I personally used to ask a lot more before I used my barrel in servers, whether people had a problem using it or not. I admit I don't do it as often as I should as when I join a server, if I see around 50% of the people I know have no problem with it, I just use it without asking. Not using it at all in the game is just unfair on the player who spent so much time and money constructing it, and is a resource the team can and should take advantage of. The developers put it in the game to be used, not to be dropped and let despawn or blown up to kill no bots.

Anyway, I hope that cleared some things up for you.
[/quote]
This would not be a problem if people just listened when we say dont shoot the bosses so we can barrel it means dont shoot them so we can live and get the possible drop that they could have
All the end bosses (Thor, Odin, and even Prince) have a chance of surviving a barrel hit, which is obviously reduced when you shoot them. In addition, barrels can and will crash people when placed in an exposed location, so when there are more barrels placed than waves left I see no reason to not use them on a crowd of huscarls or valkyries.
thank you for clarification i would always communicate on the server as to why i feel we should not use barrel at given time , i think the players that use them do use them responsibly and generally its an error on the public side off game play that causes mishaps.
i will always play responsibly and with consideration towards others its just when in happens 99.9% of the time even with multi sheilding 8 comandos tucked up behind royals.

i also make my money from drops from all those tasty high end waves , please don't forgot the small houses need some goodies too Wink

anyways the new maps have given me a good 1000m of kiting before i have to get jammed behind a cade Smile

DB_Felch - lvl 51
DB_Carbon - lvl 52 - marauder
Me, Being a barrel owner and constant user, I have realized a change in the way people react to barrels, when I first got my barrel people used to thank me for saving them but now (even in normal) people Bitch about the xp and gold.

I think that this is because we use barrels so much now most people dont realize that you couldnt usually live without them. 

As far as other people using my barrel without my permission, i usually get relatively upset and if they did it more than 1 time purposely I would put up a report thread.
I own a barrel and i'm sad to say I use it care free a lot. Mainly due to me being lvl 52. I will have to correct my ways. Sad
[Image: gQUGcYN.gif?1]
(23-01-2013, 07:46 PM)Sir_Aragorn link Wrote: I think that this is because we use barrels so much now most people dont realize that you couldnt usually live without them. 

Please... If you have a good enough team Barrels are just a hinderance. To say that we couldnt live without them is a bit much dont you think? It still amazes me that barrels are even seen as a viable tactic purely on the basis that every time one is activated there's a chance of a server crash, surely that should be enough to make people only want to use them as absolute last resort? Not to mention most drops don't even come from the bosses themselfs, but the enemies in and after the boss wave. Id hate to see all those shiney legendarys that have been lost to the ether of barrel kills

Im not just a big barrel hater, many a barrel has saved the day and allowed teams to progress when perhaps they shouldnt have. But when it comes down to it the barrel can essentially ruin all of our games and when you can easily get to odin without them (Perhaps now after the patch its a different story) it shouldnt be standard procedure to barrel.
DB_King - Lvl 52 Commando Hybrid
DB_King_Pikey - Lvl 52 Marauder
DB_King_Tossa - Lvl 49 Sharpshooter
DB_King_Sniper - Lvl 49 Sniper

One day, you'll get that drop... Keep telling yourself Wink