Emails are disabled - for account issues, post in #help on the NI Discord.

Poll: What do you think?
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Would like to lock axes to Legio.
21.88%
7 21.88%
Would like a new weapon Class.
18.75%
6 18.75%
Would be happy if Legio could use Daggers again.
12.50%
4 12.50%
Happy as they are.
46.88%
15 46.88%
Total 32 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Throwing Axes - Legio lock
Recently been playing Legionaire and the class lacks a good ammo count for throwing.

Ammo Count Example: Very Heavy Throwing Axes = 14 Ammo per slot which comes down to 28 Ammo count with Shield + Sword + Thrown.

Normal mode doesn't make much of a difference as you can run out with Shield + Sword without any issues from waves 1-15
Hard Mode becomes a small issue at later waves as it becomes harder to stay alive outside of the shielder / cade protection.
Ragnarok Mode is near impossible to be efficient outside of Shielder / Cade protection in most waves.

Reasoning to running out of Shield / Cades instead of throwing:

As a Legionaire your equip load is cumbersome with a shield, sword and throw equipped you have little ammunition. Now you can sort of get away with this on Hard as there usually isn't need for a spam healer at the Refill but on Ragnarok and Some Hard you end up waiting for the wave to end due to only being able to hold a very small amount of throwing.
Shielding is off the table as you can't hold more than half a wave on hard +.
Slashing is very useful but having to wait about until the wave has thinned out is tedious and makes you seem and feel useless in waves (After using all your Ammo of course)

This wasn't an issue when we had daggers as the ammo count was 20 for house craft and so on for higher tiers.

I propose to Lock Throwing Axes for Legionnaire and add max of +4 ammo to each axe throw-able.

I also play Master Peltast and not having the ability to use Throwing Axes really doesn't harm this class as we have Spears + Daggers to use.

Only other fix for this would be to add Daggers back into the armoury for Legionaires or to make a brand new weapon class.

Thanks for reading, open to any and all criticism here.

~Kura
Loot:

Aurora Blade 23.03.2019
Volundr Greatsword 12/11/2020

Official event times (Praven):

<19:50:13> "Faravin": Normal -9:17
<20:07:55> "Faravin": Hard -15:55

[Image: 2pcM1nK.png]

Rups have 16 to the 20 ammo for Malice
I bet if you go down and look at same tier stuff the ammo is something like this
With Daggers being the oddball
Now I would love to see Axes be legio only because it makes sense for the One-Handed throwing to be for the top one handed class
But in terms of ammo the only thing that it's out classed by is Daggers

Edit Or better yet give Daggers a one handed mode and make them usable by both Legio and Pikemen
buff malice
(06-06-2018, 02:29 PM)Sir Baron Wrote: Rups have 16 to the 20 ammo for Malice
I bet if you go down and look at same tier stuff the ammo is something like this
Now I would love to see Axes be legio only because it makes sense for the One-Handed throwing to be for the top one handed class

Edit Or better yet give Daggers a one handed mode and make them usable by both Legio and Pikemen

The reason i say to lock axes is for the ammo count increase. only having 2 slots for a throw really lowers your ability to stay efficient in waves without most of the time Sacrificing yourself just to get a  few swings off with your sword.

Maybe only increase malice to 22? as i didn't know it had a count of 20 but for instance VHTA's only have 14, an increase to 18 would be suffice bringing us 36 to throw and would only be for the 2 weapon slot count for Legio if the axes were locked to this class. Meaning pikeman classes couldn't take advantage of this.

But for example:

Pikeman General Setup; (Melee Weapon) + (Throw x3) apart from marauder which usually has a poke and slash melee weapon which leaves them with throw x2 BUT that is a 2h slash weapon that can reach even from behind a zwei slasher to the front of the shielder.

Legio General Setup; (Melee Weapon) + (Shield) + Throw x2(Which can only be Spears / Axes at 14 ammo count each slot for house craft)) One handed weapon is only available for close combat to which you cannot jump out after using up all ammo to then slash nords as this would just be suicidal.

With Daggers you could hold a boasting 20 for house crafted Obsidian Daggers which meant you had 40 in total to throw at your leisure but as of now we have a measly 28 to really watch what we throw and when we throw it.

Now for the Daggers to have a melee mode wouldn't be a bad idea since we are CLOSE combat + throw class.

EDIT:

New Legionaire throwable weapon could be a Plumbatae javaline type weapons that were carried by the Ancient Greeks from about 500 BC onwards, but the best-known users were the  late Roman and Byzantine armies.

3D model of this can be found here https://hum3d.com/3d-models/plumbatae/

These are quite small and can have a realistic ammo count of 20-22, can be short to medium range. (Similar stats to throwing daggers)
Loot:

Aurora Blade 23.03.2019

(06-06-2018, 02:54 PM)Kura Wrote:
(06-06-2018, 02:29 PM)Sir Baron Wrote: Rups have 16 to the 20 ammo for Malice

The reason i say to lock axes is for the ammo count increase. only having 2 slots for a throw really lowers your ability to stay efficient in waves without most of the time Sacrificing yourself just to get a  few swings off with your sword.

Maybe only increase malice to 22? as i didn't know it had a count of 20 but for instance VHTA's only have 14, an increase to 18 would be suffice bringing us 36 to throw and would only be for the 2 weapon slot count for Legio if the axes were locked to this class. Meaning pikeman classes couldn't take advantage of this.

But for example:

Pikeman General Setup; (Melee Weapon) + (Throw x3) apart from marauder which usually has a poke and slash melee weapon which leaves them with throw x2 BUT that is a 2h slash weapon that can reach even from behind a zwei slasher to the front of the shielder.

Legio General Setup; (Melee Weapon) + (Shield) + Throw x2(Which can only be Spears / Axes at 14 ammo count each slot for house craft)) One handed weapon is only available for close combat to which you cannot jump out after using up all ammo to then slash nords as this would just be suicidal.

With Daggers you could hold a boasting 20 for house crafted Obsidian Daggers which meant you had 40 in total to throw at your leisure but as of now we have a measly 28 to really watch what we throw and when we throw it.

Now for the Daggers to have a melee mode wouldn't be a bad idea since we are CLOSE combat + throw class.

EDIT:

New Legionaire throwable weapon could be a Plumbatae javaline type weapons that were carried by the Ancient Greeks from about 500 BC onwards, but the best-known users were the  late Roman and Byzantine armies.

3D model of this can be found here https://hum3d.com/3d-models/plumbatae/

These are quite small and can have a realistic ammo count of 20-22, can be short to medium range. (Similar stats to throwing daggers)

I like the idea of Plumbatae for legionnaires Wink
Dreaded War Pick - 13/05/2018 - Loke
Fell Edge - 29/06/2018 - Tyr
Dragon Halberd - 05/08/2018 - Einherjar Berserker
Zephyr - 30/09/2018 - Odin
The idea of axes for Legio is that they are usable as 1h too, so one can have 3 slots of them + shield. Perhaps the solution is to buff the 1h damage, so they'd be strong enough to get closer to 60c+ swords performance?
(07-06-2018, 06:47 AM)Bobo Wrote: The idea of axes for Legio is that they are usable as 1h too, so one can have 3 slots of them + shield. Perhaps the solution is to buff the 1h damage, so they'd be strong enough to get closer to 60c+ swords performance?

If that becomes the case we would either need a remodel of throwing axes as they are very short, and adding length will only cause some ghosting issues.

Axes like the Malice that look great could have some ammo added instead of melee dmg increase, but VHTA's and Severance could have a little more length added and some melee dmg increased.
Loot:

Aurora Blade 23.03.2019

(06-06-2018, 02:49 PM)Soviet Wrote: buff malice

bump.

|Steam| |Some Shop| |VLKA Recruitment| |Legendary Stats|Legendary Item Thread|                                                                                            
(07-06-2018, 11:27 AM)Woody Wrote:
(06-06-2018, 02:49 PM)Soviet Wrote: buff malice

bump.

bump.
Hey ; - )

[Image: Geralt]
After using malice in game for a bit throwing away your last 1h is annoying. As axes are more of a multipurpose thing (1h/something to throw) could it be made you hold the 0 ammo one so you still have the axe just in 1h mode till you refill?

Buff Malice 1h mode.
Being 43 long should be enough to have the speed and cut as illus.

|Steam| |Some Shop| |VLKA Recruitment| |Legendary Stats|Legendary Item Thread|