Emails are disabled - for account issues, post in #help on the NI Discord.

Minimap improvements
Hey there,
I find the minimap to be quite handy ingame, especially when it comes to tracking bots movement and Tricksters spawning on rag.

What I'm missing and what I would like to request are a couple of things to make it even more useful:
- spawn points marked on the map
- eventually the radius of barrels' explosions and boss attacks (Odin's spears, Thor's lightning)
- most importantly: map outlines. I know making a proper map layout will require a lot of work and dedication, but I had the idea to use the AI mesh to make up for that if possible. This might either work by turning a top-down view into a picture to use as map or by transferring the AI mesh's coordinates onto the existing map (please keep in mind that my coding knowledge is fairly limited). Yet it should be possible, someone else has to judge how much effort this would require.

What are your opinions on this?
Spawn points on the map is an easy addition, consider it done.
The radius of barrel explosions and boss abilities is something that will clutter the map if there are too many occurrences.
AFAIK the AI mesh is not an actual sceneprop, so I don't think there is an way to make them show on the map.
(01-07-2018, 03:10 PM)Kaasovic Wrote: Spawn points on the map is an easy addition, consider it done.
The radius of barrel explosions and boss abilities is something that will clutter the map if there are too many occurrences.
AFAIK the AI mesh is not an actual sceneprop, so I don't think there is an way to make them show on the map.

Thank you very much for clarification. Would it be possible to add some sort of scene prop (like the AI mesh) to model the maps in the map editor by hand? I'd volunteer to do so
I think that would greatly decrease the performance of players with potato computers. It would also be hard to get it done for every map in NordInvasion and I think it would scare away players that want to create a scene for NordInvasion.

I managed to get the spawnpoints to show up on the minimap, image is not final and might be subject to changes:
Can we see tomes and barrels on the map or at least have a counter under the map? 

[Show Elmo's pic here]

|Steam| |Some Shop| |VLKA Recruitment| |Legendary Stats|Legendary Item Thread|                                                                                            
A tome and barrel counter will be available on the scoreboard in the next patch
Would it be possible to add some sort of mesh for mapping which can be made into a picture? So that one could use that for a background in the minimap instead of live tracking.
Apart from that, how about adding a straight line to the player icon so as to show the line of sight? This might make orientation and aiming for far bots easier.
Can we have a tank ingame or an attack helicopter
Legendary Loots :
12.02.2017 Plate over Leather
4.03.2018   Defender Boots

"WS is full of scrubs like Thunder" Eyleen
"It was a hot day and i was annoyed " Lord Montagu 
"You can buy 2 Twigs for one Valsgarde" Managarm
"Banterin stop killing you are making my score look stupid" Qrvishion
"Wait arent you PCK? lol" VLKA_Julia
Can we have different colors for the stations on the Direct X 7 mini map? Two different refill stations are brown.
Quote Board is on Discord (last updated 2023.09.07)
"When I feel bad, I read your quote board." - Corndog

Tofu: People call Tricksters racist, yet we have the most Muslim members of any house.
PCK: If Islam is a religion of peace, and Tricksters have the most Muslims, then is House of Tricksters the house of peace?
Falankos: I always knew that we were the good guys.
Haha your fucking minimap is a meme anyways
Legendary Loots :
12.02.2017 Plate over Leather
4.03.2018   Defender Boots

"WS is full of scrubs like Thunder" Eyleen
"It was a hot day and i was annoyed " Lord Montagu 
"You can buy 2 Twigs for one Valsgarde" Managarm
"Banterin stop killing you are making my score look stupid" Qrvishion
"Wait arent you PCK? lol" VLKA_Julia